1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. shah78

shah78 Gold

Just do" baby steps". But , of course drive with your glasses.

Jenelle likes this.
  2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Is there an official Jack Kruse "word" on super dark chocolate? Like 90-100% range?

Some days I feel like this is a problem for me ... (maybe causes stomach issues)

and some days I feel like it really helps me out ... (overall boost)

3. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

In a salad... with lots of homemade mayo & bruschetta... :thumbsup: Baby Steps.

[​IMG]

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Listening to Jack's podcasts is giving me very mixed emotions. On one hand, I am so happy to learn... and everything makes sense and I start making connections in my brain... I feel enlightened... And I also start thinking about possibilities...

And then reality sinks in, and I feel very trapped by my current circumstances. Very limited in my choices. So in some ways, learning these things is making me even more depressed than I was already feeling.

I will keep working on baby steps and doing what I can, when I can. But I may have to stop seeking out podcasts ... until my general outlook on life is feeling a little more optimistic.

Cpt.Tired and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  5. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

You are not alone. Probably 90% of us are limited in changing our environment because we have all been lead so far away from how we were designed to live by the promise of better living through technology.

On FB I saw a quote: If you plant a flower and it doesn't grow, you fix it's environment not the flower.

Doesn't this make perfect sense?

It's not us that is broken...

6. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Hi Jenelle, we are all so unique and for some of us, when we venture into this, it can seem overwhelming and like doom and gloom has washed over us. I remember feeling a little angry the first few weeks. Not over this information, but the flat out lies that I believed in for so long, about food, supplements and exercise. Once I got over that initial feeling, I made the quantum leap 100% and began to feel very empowered with everything I have and am learning. Learning and implementing has turned my health and life around.

You're here and for a reason Jenelle. Go at your own pace and enjoy the journey and eventually you will get there.:)

caroline and Jenelle like this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you, Rob and Mystic. I appreciate it!

I did get outside quite a bit yesterday ~ the weather was so nice. We took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood, and I spent some time outside cleaning up his messes -- not a fun job, but I did it in a tank top. Woo hoo! :thumbsup:

I had oysters with my eggs & kale this morning, instead of tuna... Guess what? FINE! I didn't hate it at all. You put enough homemade mayo on just about anything... it's good.

I am going to try really hard to focus on the positives, and I may even start writing things down in an actual journal, to help with that. I don't need to dump all of my negativity on my husband, friends, or the rest of the innocent folks on the internet. I'd love to share positive things and spread positive energy.

I'm going to start now by closing up this laptop, taking the rest of my coffee outside, and sitting down in the sun to write.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Robert Haas and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

But you are now empowered with knowledge that very few people have. Very few. So when it comes to making changes, you will be looking in the right direction and know you are on the right track rather than being lead down dead end streets and being stuffed full of pills which only serve to make you sicker.:)

Jenelle likes this.
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Jenelle likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks, Cpt! That is really interesting. So ~ to quote Dr. Nefario: "Under what circumstances would we use this?"

I was watching it last night while applying Neosporin to an awful wiffle ball injury for my teenage son. I tried to get him to do it, to see if it would take his mind off of it and ease his pain... but he pretty much ignored me. :thumbsup:

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I had already started taking my glasses off in the mornings while looking in the general direction of the sun...

Today I tried to read Jack's book while I was out there. I just had to share with you that I literally had to have it 5-6 inches from my face to be able to read the print without squinting.

Is my vision just forever screwed? ...It's pretty bad... o_O

shah78 likes this.
  12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Do you recommend for people to quit caffeine ~ 100% cold-turkey?

This is how I quit smoking almost 3 years ago. It really was the only way. I used various supplements, I subconsciously turned to sugar, I thought I would use exercise, but instead I STOPPED for awhile... :rolleyes:

I did feel better once I got back to lifting, and I haven't turned back to cigarettes for ~whatever~ they were doing for me. But it has been a journey, for sure. Reading about nicotine here is a bit of a trigger for me... and for the first time in a long time, I smelled cigarette smoke in a parking lot yesterday and it actually stirred some things up that I'd rather not have stirred.

I have quit coffee many times, but I don't know that I have ever been 100% stimulant-free. Even through pregnancies... there was always either some sort of coffee, tea, chocolate, sugar. I would like to get to the place where I am not dependent on them ~ but when I try to remove one, I crave the others. I know you know exactly what I mean.

I'm just not sure what is the right way out of it.

Maybe just Baby Steps.

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Jenelle, if you are no longer light stressed, and are recycling melatonin properly, you might find that your need for caffeine etc just disappears ...... No need for cold turkey ..... No willpower required ...... My experience with sugar and caffeine ... Light water magnetism .....;)

caroline, Cpt.Tired and Jenelle like this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hey Sue ~ that's awesome. :) Thank you. I hope to be able to report the same, someday!

One thing I have noticed since we started discussing it here: I will want more coffee or tea when I do not feel like I need it, in any way. I have to stop and talk myself out of it ... that some is good ... but more is NOT better. It is very similar to what sometimes happens with alcohol... I feel good, I've got a buzz or a high going on... and I just. want. more.

15. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Isn't this uncomfortable or even necessary while reading? Not much UV going on yet that might be blocked out in the morning right?

16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

The time for my "morning" right now ~ once I get my breakfast, coffee, and get out there ~ is probably close to 10:00 am. ...I clearly have a few more baby steps to complete in this area.

I have no idea what I am getting at what time of day ... I just know that I haven't been getting any light this winter ~ except all the wrong kinds, apparently. :rolleyes:

Today I tried to eat / read my book / and face the sun ... and yeah, the book had to be so close to my face that I probably wasn't getting a whole lot accomplished. Lol. ...But I was outside, Rob!

17. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Oh yes and I didn't mean to imply you where doing anything wrong. You are doing a fantastic job of making changes and moving forward.

I ask really because I don't know. Just wondered if you have read somewhere specifically not to wear reading glasses while out in the sun would be most beneficial.

Jenelle likes this.
  18. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I didn't take it that way. You know that. :thumbsup:

I have read all over this forum that we should not have glasses or contacts when sun-gazing... which works out super well for my blind self. :rolleyes: haha

19. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Ah yes, & I agree but *I think* while reading outside might be an exception to that rule (for glasses anyway). LOL.

You are still outside. Natural sunlight is getting in. + added benefit of cold exposure.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me. Like I said before I am not sure. Still learning, like you. :)

20. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

There is a general idea here that you can improve your eyesight by no longer wearing these things. Multiple people reporting that they no longer need them. In order to do that, you've got to go without them. Hence, the "throw out your contacts and don't wear your glasses!" enthusiasm.

In my particular case, that is not really an option. So ~ I'm just doing what I can. I thought it was funny that I tried it this morning, and had to hold the book THAT close to my face... (I wished there was someone around to take a funny picture). So I just wanted to share that, so it is understood how blind I really am. I don't think the blind reading is something I will be doing on a regular basis. :glasses: