1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I came here to post tonight and share that we went to the local Game Xchange today and SOLD the Xbox 360, the Wii U, and all of the games and controllers. The kids are splitting the cash to spend on other things in life that are not electronics.

I have said here I have not had much time to post because I am too busy making actual changes in life, and that is no joke. I am taking all of this new information very seriously and it is transforming our lives in a big way.

I have A LOT to learn still, there is much I do not understand ~ and I now know that that is *okay*. We are still doing things differently (and I would say "better") than most of those around us... And that counts. It all counts. It all adds up.

nicld, Inger and fitness@home like this.
  2. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Caffeine though makes the kidneys release more Mg, so I think it's gonna be an overall loss from the body over time.

Jenelle likes this.
  3. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I think this is why if I do chocolate, I do just a little bit at a time and not binge on a half a bar... the Mg may outweigh the body purging of the other elements (like potassium too).

4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I JUST realized I am about 3 pages "behind" in Scompy's journal... And I cannot catch up right now. But I saw discussion of salicylates, and I have to throw this out there in case anyone cares to share thoughts with me:

Our middle son seems to be highly sensitive to salicylates. We started the Feingold program with him a year ago and we have learned so much. But it is VERY hard for all of us to stick with all of the time. Almost impossible to be able to go out to eat, go to the movies, birthday parties or other events and stick to it 100%. As a result, we have had a lot of frustration along with the success. I go through periods where I am determined to stick with it "no matter what" ~ and then I go through periods where I am very much like, screw this.

My gut tells me that living by very restricted food lists is NOT a long-term answer for him. I have wanted to get to the root of WHY... Why, when I have 3 boys ~ why is he specifically so sensitive? We have mood issues and impulsive behavior... It is like there are two of him in there. That is an accurate description, and not really being dramatic. It causes so much unneeded stress for him and for ALL of us.

I saw Penny mention "baking soda hack" and interestingly, that is what people do on Feingold when someone is having a reaction. I give him 1/4 tsp of baking soda in water ~ and it DOES help him calm down from *whatever* it is. But I do not understand how or why it works. Can anyone tag Penny for me? I don't know how.

I see her mentioning zinc and that is ringing a bell. I have read about pyroluria in the past and wondered about him. He is the kid who does not tan. He is pale as a ghost, or he is pink. There is not much in-between.

Anyway ~ I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone wants to help connect the dots. No, I have not had him to a naturopath or for any extensive testing -- remember, this is the child I took to the very mainstream doc back in March and got zero help whatsoever. He tested negative for the top 10 food allergies and his vitamin D was in the "normal" range. That's all I got.

I was going to post here today about him anyway ~ he is dead-set on getting a pet snake and has been talking about it for months. Now he is ready to purchase with the video game money. I just realized: This means he will have a reptile lamp of some kind in his room at night, instead of the total darkness I have had him in. ...Could this actually be a GOOD thing for him... Or does anyone think this is BAD... given what I have described?

5. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I think it's hard to know without more information, but the added baking soda is increasing overall pH in the body (more alkaline). The lower the pH in tissues, the more inflammation. JK has said this recently, which is pretty basic chem: pH is a measure of protons and electrons in a solution. When you drive the pH lower, electrons are being eliminated. When you give him the baking soda water, you're also delivering more water to him (more electrons), that also helps build his battery.

Also, from my own experience, nnEMF that might be in his bedroom at night while he sleeps? I'm talking about electrical and magnetic EMF in addition to RF. I have a house that was built in 1968, so I found lots of electrical issues over time. Many of them were around my sons's room near the walls where he slept. This may not be your situation at all, but wanted to be direct. I literally have a perfect pocket in his room where he sleeps free from all nnEMF, but if I had his bed up against another wall last year (before I shut down the power to his bedroom), he would be under electrical and magnetic EMF all night long. That was a key piece of the puzzle. I've also put certain toy boxes and certain pieces of furniture in key-locations so I know he won't be able to get into those fields when the power is on in the house. So as a totally random guess, could it be your 2 sons are in a fairly nnEMF-free zone while they sleep and your other son's space may have more nnEMF?

Along with my sleeping space solving for him, I also eliminated the console gaming and got him wearing blue-blockers along with having screen guards over the monitors where he gets on the internet. I even pushed out the desk in the office away from another wall that generates a lot of electrical EMF so he's no longer in that field when he's at the computer. The key takeaway is getting the kids into nature whenever possible even though I know that can be a challenge with kids at times.

Jenelle likes this.
  6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Scompy, great thoughts ~ and you know I appreciate it! I know your journal about your son is a wealth of info, I am just having a hard time making myself be on the internet lately.

I need to buy or rent a meter of some sort. If you have a suggestion, I am all ears.

In his room, the only things plugged in are one desk lamp -- and at night, a HEPA air cleaner which we have used forever for white noise and due to allergy and asthma issues in our family -- which are really now in the past. Long past. I have kept it for the noise at night to help drown out what is going on in the rest of the house. YES, I have wondered about it since coming here and YES, I can see Scompy doing a face palm right now. I'm sorry.... Please don't give up on me just yet!

Our home was also built at the time of yours -- 1967. I have no idea what could be near his bed. He is up against an outside wall, and another bedroom. No TVs in their rooms, no video games, no computers, no iPods etc. Ever. At least I have always known better than that!

Any thoughts on the reptile lamp being in his room at night? He wants to go to Petsmart today...

7. Scompy

Scompy Gold

BAM! You just told me the problem. The HEPA air cleaner is no bueno unless it's 6 feet away from his sleeping space. All fans put out HUGE magnetic EMFs. Also, if you want, I can mail you my trifold if you want to pay for the shipping so you can take magnetic and electrical measurements. I trust you'll send it back when you're done because you did by some kale after all ;)

Jenelle likes this.
  8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Oh my -- yes! 1000x yes. Thank you so much. Since it is yours, you can help me figure out what the heck I am doing. So cool. :)

The air cleaner IS far away from his bed now... Since I rearranged the entire house and "made" another bedroom, so each boy can finally have their own space. BUT... {cringing} in the past, he had moved it *right* next to his bed so that he could sleep with his brother's snoring. :(

I think tonight I will have him sleep without it on and see how that goes...

Thanks again!

9. Scompy

Scompy Gold

You'll need to take measurements all around his room around the sleeping space, under the bed, along the walls, etc. The trimeter is really easy to use. Does he sleep on a 2nd floor or on a ground level? Aside from the nnEMF, keep hydrating him a great deal... I've found there is a pomegranite selzer my son likes the flavor of, so I put just a tiny splash of that into water for flavor and he drinks the whole thing up vs. if I would have given him plain water and he wouldn't drink any of it. Simple stuff, but it's semi-stealthy. I always keep in mind that boys are very visual creatures... monkey see monky do. Put something silently in front of them, they make the decision to eat or drink it and then they often ask for more. But if you tell them, "here drink this", they often rebel and shove it away. If you put something in front of them they don't notice at first, you could say, "Hey I want this!" and slowly go to grab it. 9 times out of 10 they'll try to take it before you and then they'll 'own' the drink without knowing why they did it... competition for health :)

Jenelle likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Our house is one story and he actually has a concrete slab for a floor now, just like mom! Lol. ;)

11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

[​IMG]

1) I'd like to introduce the newest member of our family ~ Annabelle.

2) See how much *real* sun I've been getting?! WOO HOO! I feel so. good. about this.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. :)

fitness@home likes this.
  12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I just want to share with you guys that my teenager has not had his phone for the past 6 days, and he has been like a *new person*. We are so happy to have him back ~ but so saddened that we did not fully recognize what was going on with him sooner, and step in accordingly.

Navigating the teenage years is difficult... On one hand, you want to give them more space and let them grow and make decisions and mistakes ~ and on the other hand, deep down, they still need their hands held to a certain extent. All of this new technology just further muddies the waters that I'm sure have already been muddy throughout time.

He has been out for walks with us, we have had some really good talks, he is reading BOOKS again -- for pleasure! -- he willingly went to the pool and actually had the confidence to swim without his shirt. He's been helping his brother with his math, helping me with projects without having to be asked... I mean, seriously, the list goes on.

Some major, I mean really MAJOR changes have been happening since I found Jack Kruse & friends. I know I have said it a bunch -- and I will continue to say it. THANKS. Thanks to Rob & Irene for leading me here, and thanks to each and every one of you for sharing your journeys, and for being a part of mine.

There is no guarantee how long I will be on this Earth. This has never *really* been about me. I have wanted to be my best, to be optimal, for my family. I am raising three boys who will grow up to be men and maybe someday have families of their own. Every single thing I can teach them, show them, will help them to have a better life... and to be able to go on and teach others, as well. I am so blessed to have kids who are open, who do listen, and are willing to be different instead of just following the crowd -- because they know *deep down* what feels good and right, and what doesn't. As you all guide me, just know that you are guiding them, as well ~ and it doesn't stop there.

13. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Today I first went to the supermarket for a few items and got to the checkout stand. In front of me was a mom (looking lethargic) with about an 18 month old daughter. The daughter was in the basket cart holding a huge Iphone. The girl looked like she had been in an accident or a bad fall because she had red marks all over the right side of her face and forehead. So, this is what went down. The girl was kissing/licking the Iphone, while the cashier and mom were talking up a storm completely ignoring the girl. It only took a minute for the girl to loose grip of the Iphone and it fell down into the cart. The cashier and mom didn't notice. Now, what did the girl do? It was as if someone had cast a spell on her: she wasn't buckled into the shopping cart. I saw her turning to one side and attempting to reach down to get the Iphone now tucked into a corner about 2 feet below her. Mother and cashier still not noticing. Girl was now turned enough that my parent-alarm whistles were blowing in my head to react in case the girl actually falls into the bottom part of the cart.

But just at that moment, the cashier puts the first bag of groceries into the cart and notices the situation. He grabs the cell and gives it back to the girl, who proceeds to put it right on her head again and lick the phone. The girl looked like she wasn't 100% all-there. It was sad for me to watch, because most kids would have their vision focused on me... she was looking exactly in my direction, but not once did she make any eye contact with me. I would have given her a smile and 'hello!' But the entire time, she was engaged in the blue-light nnEMF emitting device.

In addition the health-problems, cell phones train people to live independent, self-contained lives without relationships. Not once in the entire 6mins I was waiting in line did I see the mother interact with her child or even notice what she was doing, or question why her daughter was acting addicted by the phone. My guess is that mother is also addicted to the phone and has the same behaviors, so therefore, labels her daughter as having 'normal' phone behaviors. What was especially sad to me was that the daughter was kissing/licking the picture on the phone of a person...probably her mom or family member. That was the closest she got to the affection she was looking for. Rips. Heart. Out.

Hilde, caroline and Penny like this.
  14. Penny

Penny New Member

Yeah, no one is *there* anymore... they're all zombies glued to their phones...

Scompy likes this.
  15. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Sadly, this is exactly what I saw at Dizzyland (er, you know what I mean) when I took a vacation there last winter. Standing in lines, no one was talking to anyone... everyone looking at pictures and videos on their cell phones. At least there is a lot of sun and grounding (metal railings) to help biohack some theme parks.

16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I sat down the other day and looked through our Verizon bill detail. Over the past year, he had very (VERY) little calls, texts, or data usage. Until the past 2 months. He had met a girl through his online school program, and it just took off.

We noticed how it was consuming him, pulling him away from his family, and we started implementing more rules. Badgering and guilt gets you nowhere when "love" is involved. {rolling my eyes}. He's pretty technologically savvy and he found ways around the rules. Thankfully, he also has a mom with a strong inner voice who knew it was time to do some detective work.

He has had it all removed -- iPod, computer, phone, and even old defunct tablet (just in case). And I think the part I feel most guilty about is that he is relieved. He knew what he was doing was wrong, he knew it had become an addiction, and he just needed his parents to step in and do something about it.

He'll be going to the public high school in August for a fresh start, with real people, in the real world. And he is excited about it.

nicld likes this.
  17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Scompy, your story about the grocery store is so sad on so many levels. We have never had an iPad, but I see toddlers following their moms around the store with these devices in cases -- I assume an iPad, tablet, something like that. And they are walking around with their heads down, staring at the screen and doing ~ whatever the heck a toddler does on one of these things~. I see this often, and it kills me.

Since when can we not just go to the store? Do you know how many learning experiences are being missed out on? Homeschooling for us has meant that the whole world is our classroom. We have had some GREAT discussions in the grocery store. *Laughter*. Yes, we are that crazy family who is joking around and probably making a lot of noise. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't even get me started on the car. We have only had movies on BIG road trips, and the rule has always been that if it is daylight and you can see out -- then you *look at what is going on out there*.

Have you all seen the movie Wall-E? At the time it seemed like just fiction -- but how far are we from it now? Remember the part where their screens shut off and they look around like they never even realized there were people sitting next to them? YEAH... My teenager was headed down that road and we saved him. So thankful to have had this experience. You can bet your ass we won't make the same mistake twice.

18. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Jenelle likes this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I am *finally* getting to read a book that was sent to me by a friend -- "The Healing Sun" by Richard Hobday. MAN, I wish I had gotten to it sooner!

...And on the other hand, I see that things are fitting together a little at a time -- like pieces of a puzzle, just as they should be. Not that long ago, I was looking at all of these pieces in a big pile on the floor, and throwing a bit of a fit because it looked like a mountain. Not only that, but all of the directional signs on that mountain were in a completely foreign language.

This is a book *I can understand*. I believe I could hand it to my teenager and he would understand, too. I think I will give it to him when I am finished with it. It's pretty important stuff.

Anyway ~ I just wanted to share that I have felt very adverse to the air conditioning in our home this summer. Two days we had it on, I realized I did NOT feel my best & middle's behavior was certainly less than desirable. We shut it off and have had it on only one day since.

I observed also that it is harder to make myself go outside when the air is on, because it feels really uncomfortable out there compared to the house. However, when the air is off and all windows are open -- we are already acclimated to whatever is going on outside (more or less). It occurred to me, just this season, that there is nothing natural about air conditioning. I had never considered it before now.

So right now I am on page 41 of this book and he says: "Also, moving to and from interiors that are maintained at levels of temperature and humidity markedly different from those outdoors may be prejudicial to our wellbeing. In crude terms this sort of sudden transition from a cold environment to a hot one, or vice versa, is rather like changing one season for another. It is worth noting that practitioners of some traditional forms of medicine regard the days in which seasonal changes occur (from winter to spring, spring to summer, etc) as being the times of year when the human body is at its most vulnerable to sickness and infection. They consider such changes of season as particularly unwelcome."

Reading things like this -- many things like this lately -- makes me feel a small pang of "am I doing the right thing?" by sending my kids to school. However, I still believe the pros are going to outweigh the cons ... And this is temporary, and we still have 100% control of their environment the rest of the time. Every hack I can possibly employ needs to be put into place for them.

caroline, Scompy and Lahelada like this.
  20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good stuff ! Glad you are hung in there . :D

Jenelle likes this.