1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

As a former coffee addict, I can just tell you what I did - I got to like the last cup or 2 of caffinated coffee grounds and then just started mixing decaf into it - at some point, it was all decaf and I realized the only thing different was I no longer had that chest tightness going on - and frankly, I hated that part... you can always add green tea with coconut oil if you have the need for caffeine - swish it around your mouth and it'll improve your teeth - actually, what it does to your teeth might get you to cut back on it - we are creatures of habit - people with low dopamine moreso than other people it seems to me and recognizing that it's just a habit is the first step -

Jenelle likes this.
  2. Penny

Penny New Member

You can fill a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide and spray the mold - or bleach, but don't breathe it - also, most wifi routers can be disabled and you can get rj45 cables (they're cheap - I just got a 100ft one for $8.00) and add a cable to each computer via a router - also cheap - you should do the basics to mitigate your environment: no cordless phones, change the wifi to wired, all cell phone/laptops/netbooks/tablets in airplane mode - delete the electric and gas "smart meter" - www.electricsense.com has loads of ideas on this - you can also help your digestion by just going to Trader Joes and getting a chicken and making chicken broth - use it for stews etc to help your gut - they also have a sauerkraut with living cultures that you could take with every meal to help you digest the food - while there, pick up some sardines, mackeral, herring, salmon for a quick seafood fix - for any indoor spa hack idea, eat a can of seafood, take a shower and rub epsom salts all over, rinse off and get under a Duracell black light from Batteries and Bulbs - I can actually feel myself heating up when I do that - I stick a couple of black lights in my casablanca fan (270 nm) and lie underneath it naked - I really think I get the photoelectric effect that way - I also run a red light next to me - just get a red party bulb from Lowe's and stick it in the casablanca fan - another cheap hack for thee is baking soda - a baking soda/epsom salt foot soak is amazing for you - just sticking baking soda (maybe a 1/4 tsp) in some water is very alkalizing and will help your charge flow...

Jenelle likes this.
  3. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you, Lahelada.

I realized as I am reading this that baby step #14 can be that I am no longer wearing sunglasses. Even as the weather has warmed, and I have been driving in the sun more and more ~ I haven't put them on. Not once. I'm not even sure where they are! :thumbsup:

Also ~ this explanation about contact lenses is so important to me. No one else in my household has them. Everyone else has perfect vision. I have had glasses since first grade (~age 6) and I have had contacts since I was eleven. I was told early on to "throw out my contacts" ... But that is sort of like telling me to cut off a body part. I have worn them every day for the past 25 years or so. Am I going to take them out every single time I go out to sit in the sun and to the tanning bed now? Yeah, maybe I will. Maybe now that I understand better.

There is also a part there that I needed to read, to answer my question about water. Spring water or RO water is good. Got it. So, I am already doing that -- for years. No baby step needed ~ except for the one I have already taken, which is that I am making sure to drink much more of it.

A black light for sleeping during the day recommended for a shift worker. This is good to know for my husband. He has no shift. He has no rhythm. He is all over the place, and I am confident it is taking precious years off his life. I've known that for a long time now. Hmmm, he's got back and shoulder pain, too. Just went to the chiropractor yesterday. What a coincidence. :thumbsdown: I'd like to know how the black light helps during the day for a shift worker (rather than just sleeping in the darkest room possible) so that I can explain it to him.

Black light is beneficial indoors -- all times of the day and night. Good to know! ...How long would it have been before I stumbled across that answer on my own? Thanks again.

I do understand that everyone's time is precious, and I am grateful for anyone who takes the time to post here and help me. Jack's post today sent me into full-on crying. Just -- tears, streaming down my face. I felt stupid, and so frustrated, because I have invested so much time into his book and this site over the past month ~ and I have been busy making changes ~ and I wonder if I will ever be able to do enough. Read enough. Understand enough. I have avoided asking many questions that I've had, because I didn't want a post like that directed at me. I am tempted to ask questions directly to someone "behind the scenes" from now on, to avoid the embarrassment... but guess what? I know I am not the only one out there who struggles with all of this information. I know there will be newbies who come along and have the same questions. So I will ask them. No one has to answer, of course ~ but I hope you all can feel how very much I appreciate it when you do. :love:

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You should ask them. toughen up. Optimal is not a cushy road.......it is all about survival of the fittest and if you have issues then you need to think about them.

Stop with food. Focus on light. Why?
    Light will shrink respiratory proteins as a plus but to keep them shrunk to do well LONG TERM you need AM UV and IR too. Reduction in heteroplasmy first is critical to get right before ketosis to drive ECT because you can shorten telomeres and build new mitochondria. Mitochondrial DNA is controlled by melatonin cycles so this is why being cold dark and boring is key in the beginning. The cooler the surface the more UV you absorb and the more heat your mitochondria release to condense the respiratory proteins to control local geometry. This is controlled on a macroscopic level by dopamine and melatonin cycles. Time 9 re read it.......carefully

5. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

6. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

BOOM^^^^^ My personal experience before I bolted, but worked on those issues and came back strong and now, nothing is going to stand in my way of learning and becoming optimal!

Janelle, believe in yourself and you will accomplish this. Raising your dopamine is the key here and I know this now!

caroline and Josh Rosenthal like this.
  7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's it? (lol!):thumbsup:

8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Jenelle- Just a word of caution about the niacin. Tell your son to just keep monitoring how it is working. Maybe to even take notes to refer back to. The reason I say this is because I have had some good days and bad days with it. But today it was clear to me that it was making me feel worse. At least at those high doses. Niacin is a methyl "sponge" so if someone is undermethylated to start with (which I think I am), it may make them worse even if it helps initially.
    But hopefully it continues working well for him:) (Which may indicate that he is an "overmethylator")
    If you want more info on "methylation" just google it or look up Amy Yasko or Ben Lynch.

Jenelle likes this.
  9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you for your post, Scompy.

I do understand the things that just make sense to me ... because they are things that just feel primal or innate, you know? Nature. That makes sense to me. I just haven't seen any black lights out in nature, so... Yeah, I needed a little direction on that one. I still don't understand the details of it, but that's okay -- maybe someday I will. :)

Scompy likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I really appreciate the "Dummies" version, and I will go back and read through it multiple times, I'm sure. Thank you. :thumbsup:

lohd2015 likes this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you for bringing this back up, Penny.

I was consuming ~very little~ caffeine last year, before we got our puppy. In fact, everything was pretty great before we got our puppy. :(

My sleep was all of a sudden very disturbed -- no, no one else in my family could get up with him in the night. It disrupted my life more than I could have imagined. I started drinking regular coffee again, and now this habit has remained ~ although the puppy is no longer really a puppy anymore... and HIS sleep is FINE.

[​IMG]

I do drink coffee when I don't feel like it is really necessary -- because it is a habit. I take my mug with me almost every time I leave the house, and it is like a comfort to have it and sip on it ~ EVEN IF, as you said, sometimes it doesn't make me feel great.

I'm not going to commit to completely cutting it out right now, with a vacation coming up ... But I do feel like this needs to be a baby step sometime soon.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Don't worry about Jack, Jenelle. He gets frustrated with a lot of us. The stuff is dense. And when we have brain fog, low dopamine and the responsibilities of life to deal with it is not easy to absorb all this stuff. Jack has been REALLY pissed with me before for asking too many 'stupid' questions.
    I need a "for dummies" version too. I'm the same as you- I get some of it but that is about it so far.

Jenelle likes this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thank you, Cpt. ;)

We need to be careful, I think, when giving others the power to make us feel good or bad about ourselves and our decisions.

I started a journal here for support and discussion while I tried to learn, absorb, and implement some positive new changes in my life. It (usually) helps me to discuss things with others ... Even if no one responds sometimes, it helps me to type it out and put it out there.

I have had some time away from this forum because we are on vacation. And I have realized maybe the negatives of posting here do outweigh the positives at this point.

I am thankful for the friends I have made in this short time ~ and I do believe that most people have good intentions. But some of it has been overwhelming. I don't believe I need to just "toughen up" ... I do believe that I have had a very eye-opening experience.

I may be back to posting eventually. But I'm really not sure. Thanks again for your support! :)

Lahelada, lilreddgirl and Cpt.Tired like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Don't survive, thrive. Do life soaring. Our cells read and react to our environment; it shapes us and we are shaped by it.
    The six best healers in the world that I know:
    1. Sunlight
    2. Un-fluoridated water
    3. magnetism/grounding to Earth
    4. seafood
    5. Self Confidence
    6. Friends
    That is all...........Carry On.
    http://www.nature.com/articles/srep12029

Here is the key that most of the critics miss..........the order of the recipe is critical to the success. Your perception will be thrown off if you do it other ways. I can think of 3 recent members who went of the rails this way. The last 4 series pointed this point this out but few understand the implications. Neil BB and I have been offline talking about it. Your BUN/creat ratio and ketosis must be started before DHA loading. the blogs have been clear that the exclusion zone inside of cells manifests due to proteins within becoming hydrophilic first. How do you do you make things hydrophilic? You slowly add in electrons. The way to add them is step 4 above. The closer you are to the equator means you have more push from your current (DC) and then you may not need as much........unless there is something peculiar about your environment, job, eyes, skin.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  16. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Thank you for the summary, Sir. As easy as this seams, I tell people this and I usually get "the look". The look of, that's it, are you crazy? Some do listen though. After my 84 year old mother got sick and tired of being sick and tired, she is off most all medications now. Even after her doctors have used fear mongering tactics to keep her on them and wanted to add more too them. She is now feeling better than ever and her blood work shows it.

17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's great Rob! Glad to hear that your mom listened to you. That means that she still has ample dopamine left at her age.:)
    My dad is 76, in a home with parkinson's and dementia which no doubt to me was caused by all the medications he has been on over the years and his full on trust in modern medicine which he still clings to regardless of the lousy results he has gotten. sad.:tears:

18. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

Thanks Capt. I'm just thankful my mother is bright and can think for herself. She knows she thrives in the sun and it didn't take much to convince her that is all she really needs.
    That is sad news about your father and frustrating for people like you who know the truth. I have other family members that need to optimize before it is too late but all we can do is keep beating the drum.

Jenelle and Cpt.Tired like this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

[​IMG]

This is a favorite of mine I was thinking about today while making my BAB. Lots of big changes (and tiny changes) happening here all the time... but the idea of trying to number them and keep them going in any sort of linear fashion was probably just silly.

Hope you are all doing well. :)

20. shah78

shah78 Gold

Print that cartoon and put one in every room in your house. This is a forty year "game" you are playing. ;)

caroline likes this.