1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and how much juice from grains? Beer whiskey etc? It counts.

2. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Lol. Yesterday, I just drank Malbec and water. And I almost NEVER drink beer. Beer is just undistilled whisky to me anyhow.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Point is........with light your diet can expand.

Scompy and NeilBB like this.
  4. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Today I had scrambled eggs, 2 pork chops and butter. That was pretty much it. So its not always a carb fest everyday. Now, the St Patrick's Day parade in Irish Channel on Sat was bad though! Lots of whiskey. I did catch 2 heads of cabbage, a sword, and a whip at the parade though. And then, i had a really good eggplant pizza on Magazine St. . But it was a holiday.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Eggplant is a night shade and UV light also allows one to begin eat them when one retains more ELF-UV light.

Cpt.Tired, lohd2015 and NeilBB like this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Why not just make a milkshake with coconut cream, 4 DHA eggs (Trader Joes has dark yoke eggs with DHA), cocoa, a cup of decaf coffee, cinammon, turmeric, black pepper, ginger powder, cardommom powder, avocado, nuts/greens optional... It's the bomb... I'm not hungry for 6 hours after that baby and it's like drinking breakfast... well, it actually *is* drinking breakfast:) You can also put arabinogalactan powder in there to feed the distal flora:)

I think it's good to either do lemon juice with warm water or ACV prior to eating on an empty stomach, because what it does is wipes out the biofilms of the yeast - and through some PFM GALT mechanism, it lets more light in because the stomach isn't as coated with slime... I forget which blog he chatted about that - only 2 million words here after all:)

Anyway, you need zinc, B1 and iodine to make stomach acid - I think that is the idea behind the oysters - they have lots of zinc - I like zinc orotate, or zinc lozengers or zinc with betaine HCL or zinc with l-carnosine to help the zinc absorb - frankly, the only way I can get canned oysters down is with blue corn tortilla chips and salsa with avocados... I've come to the conclusion maybe I just am not cut out to eat oysters... :)

As an aside, I thought I could stick natto into my morning coffee shake and maybe it would disguise the slimy consistency but I never tried it because I was too scared of ruining a perfectly fine breakfast:)

For brain fog, I really like molybdenum, but the methylene blue has been wonderful - but I use it with a few mito supports plus potassium bicarbonate - interesting about your son and niacinimide - it makes NAD+ - that is good for redox and great for a diabetic - which I've come to the conclusion most of us are - zinc is also great for a diabetic and stressed out person - Dr. K says "zinc is used up in the stress response" - who the hell knows where there are so many blogs at this point - I think the latest one I read was quantum metabolic syndrome or something to that effect -

Remember, the idea is to yoke food and activity with sunshine, actually get some sunshine, and I think the DHA in the eggs work - if not, smoked salmon on a bed of greens is also yummy with some feta cheese and avocado - make up a tub of greens once a week and it's easy -

What are people doing for potassium?

Queen of Elves and Jenelle like this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hey Penny ~ thanks for all the info!

Re: the shake... I absolutely can't do coconut milk anymore. Instant bloat and, if that wasn't bad enough... don't even think about leaving the house for awhile! haha

I haven't gotten into drinking raw eggs, but I totally would. We get ours from a small family farm, a nice lady who lets her chickens roam free in the sunshine. :)

I do need to try the ACV in the morning before eating. We have some Bragg's in the fridge -- I just have to remember to do it. Maybe 1/2 tsp in water, to start?

I had 4 drops of nicotine this week (from Blue Brain Boost) ~ 1 morning, 1 morning, 1 morning, 1 evening ... and I've decided I don't like how it makes me feel overall. As an ex-smoker, I was hesitant in the first place, but I had to try it and see. Nope, not for me.

I also have the MB from the same company ~ but I haven't done anything with it yet. I need to read through the thread again to get everyone's tips. I tried to watch the youtube videos, and I am having trouble playing them for some reason. Computer issues of some kind.

Re: potassium. Looks like I am getting mine from spinach and salmon. :)

8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Everyone ~ I need your very best happy thoughts, prayers, support, vibes sent this way, please.......

My husband talked tonight to the local chairmen for the union in two different places in South Carolina where they are looking for people to transfer. The guy in Columbia says that Charleston is the place to be. The guy in Charleston agrees. Business is really supposed to be picking up in the coming years. He says they really need people. He says there are several guys retiring in the next five years. He says he cannot see my husband being furloughed under any circumstances.

The problem? Good Lord, the cost of living in Charleston is so much higher than here. He is looking at probably making less money (forever) ~ and even if I get a job....... Well, we may still end up in a mess financially. This could mean getting in a debt management program of some kind with the credit card companies at best, and at worst ~ filing bankruptcy on them. I am almost to the point where I do not care. We'd be living in freaking Charleston! So many new things to see and do... better weather... new opportunities for learning and "field trips" for the kids...

Now, here I am, thinking of all the positives... I am sure there are negatives. Alligators. Mosquitoes. Heat. (That comes along with SUN, right?) :rolleyes:

So here's the thing: How do you know when you are being a "dreamer" ... When maybe you are getting a hit of dopamine just from the thought of doing something new and exciting? I don't know. I honestly don't. Is my dopamine too high, because I can look at the bright side in this and literally jump in with both feet ... or is his too low, because he can see all of the negatives and they hold him back?

I told him tonight, I think it really sucks that we both made decisions at the age of 18 that are seeming to control the entire rest of our lives. Like, are we really going to stay where we are right now forever? Are we going to continue to raise our kids here, and have them plant roots here .......... or somewhere else? Somewhere better?

Is it better?

How do you know?

So, like I said... Just a lot on my mind tonight. I don't want to keep talking about it if the idea scares the shit out of him. I need to shut up and just let him ponder. That would be why I am talking to "you guys" about it. ;)

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Check your spending habits. how many buys were/ are "feelgood buys" ? THey may just go away with better conditions of existence.
    THe question is whether you could downsize.
    If the local chairman cannot see him being furloughed ,meaning he is a valuable staff member would they not see him right financially as he moves to a place where they need GOOD people and he would hit the ground running. Being worried about outcomes or predicting only one possible outcome is also a low dopamine sign. You may have read that I just jacked my job in and before I had worried about the economy going to pot. Well yesterday our president predicted hyperinflation for us. Oh ,Jeez I thought what will I doooo,why did I .....I should have.. but it took ten minutes to get over that and then made preps..Dopamine just handles things even when it is not tiptoe through the tulips time.

Having said that and just reading a bit about Charleston and there is a lot of differing opinion on the city. Could you visit before you make a decision? At worst the trip is a UV break.

Jenelle likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I am going to wait today and let him ponder and see if HE brings it up again.

But yes, I have shown him how we *could* easily add some days onto our upcoming trip, to travel there and check out the area. ;)

Do you mind sharing any of what you read about the area?

11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

The offer is that they will pay for his lodging (hotel) and a meal allowance for 60 days, when he gets down there.

There is a bonus of $5000 total -- paid out in three different chunks over the course of a year. (And of course taxed heavily.) ;)

If he decides to quit before a full year is completed, any of that bonus he has received has to be paid back. That's the deal.

It's not a whole lot of incentive to a guy who will be giving up 21 years of seniority and also making less money overall than he can make here.

To answer what you said about dopamine and financial decisions ... Well, there is zero doubt that we have made emotional decisions instead of ones that would look good on paper. Whether they are the result of dopamine too high ("Hey! It will be fine! It will all work out!") <-- ME ... or too low ("Okay, whatever she says, I don't even want to know what is going on with the finances...") <-- HIM ...

Wait... geez. That sounds like a pretty bad combination, doesn't it? :(

Perhaps I should shut all of us in the bathroom with a Sperti lamp every gloomy day ~ and just make peace with our current, shitty location. Forever.

Lahelada likes this.
  12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Jenelle, your honesty with yourself will help you with making the right decision in the end. Don't forget I am talking as someone who has been there, made the wrong financial decisions as well. I was reminded of a story about my ex boss and the plate warmer. He came back from a foray in the kitchen bazar with an industrial platewarmer. Now last thing that was on my wish list was a humungous thing that took up prep space but when he showed it to me I mumbled my How practical and Really helpful but the truth must have been written on my face. 12 plates that do not even go out at the same time do not need an industrial platewarmer. It was never once turned on,not even to try it....not by him either. So the money guzzlers I am talking about are the gadgets ,the napkins that match the alfresco scene from your outdoor furniture basically anything from Bed bath and Beyond... :) You might save on impulse buys down there in Charleston. You should visit first though.

How about an impulse buy straight away though ? A curly wurly black light not the tube variety. Dont get hung up on specs. Any light will do as long as it is in the black light range. It might bring clarity.

Jenelle likes this.
  13. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Can this nugget be extrapolated to all nightshades?

Danny likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yep

lohd2015 likes this.
  15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I just sat here and tried to type out a bunch of stuff, then deleted it.

I guess I'll just say for now that gadgets are definitely not our problem ~ but I hear you! My home is a hodge podge of nothing that matches, and not much that is nice. And I am okay with that. I've got antiques that my mother has given me... furniture, dishes, and towels that came from my great grandma who died over a decade ago... Hand-me-down furniture everywhere I look, actually! My outdoor "furniture" is plastic and has been beat to hell by kids outside playing wiffle ball. Cracked. Old. If you can actually find a seat outside my house that is not broken, you are pretty lucky! haha

So no... my goodness... not a cloth napkin in sight.

We have bought vacations, going out to eat, cars/trucks, a Harley at one point, now a travel trailer, 4-wheelers, a trailer to take those places to ride... Basically anything that gets us OUT of the house and gives us a BREAK from reality ..... Those are our problem areas. Lots of payments have added up.

Because our reality (my husband's job) SUCKS. He is on-call 24/7/365. The only time where we can actually "plan" anything is his vacation time. There are no Holidays. There are no weekends. They do not care.

And he's not leaving it.

My thought lately has been, if our lives have to be the railroad... It could at least be the railroad in a new area. The job is going to suck, regardless.

But I don't think he is going to do that, either. I don't even think he is interested in visiting. He's too scared of it going badly and being stuck down there.

So tell me about black lights, please. Tell me what I can do to make my reality a little less sucky. Because I was in tears when I read your post earlier ... It brings up all sorts of emotions because I do not need all of these THINGS to make me happy. I want to be happy no matter where I am, and right now -- I'm not. I'll buy a black light. I'll carry it around with me everywhere I go, if it is a piece of the puzzle. Lol. Please, tell me what to get, and tell me what to DO with it.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Tell you about it? Do you even read the blog?

17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yeah, you know what? I have read many of them. And I am just not as smart as you are, or many of you here. Should I just leave?

There is SO much to absorb. Many subjects I have felt like I need a "for Dummies" version. Like I understand part of it, but I just can't get the whole picture. I am trying my best to do a little better each day. I have spent hours and hours here, reading, actually.

And I have been holding out hope that someday, I will understand most of what is being talked about. But now I wonder if that is actually true. It is apparently too much, and just ridiculous, to ask for someone (anyone!) to point me in the right direction.

So sorry. :(

Cpt.Tired and lohd2015 like this.
  18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Uf, I tried to curtail the conversation by saying get any black light of the spirally CFL type. JUst one for you and put it in a strategic place not too close too anybody. It does not have to be close. This is the blog that tells you most practicals from a different voice and also which light Dr K uses. It is not hard to understand at all.

https://www.jackkruse.com/physician-guest-blog-2-the-invisible-sun-and-purple-light/

Jenelle likes this.
  19. Scompy

Scompy Gold

You're ultra-smart to be here in the first place! What's nice is that nature is on our side, so focusing on her, even if we don't understand the details, gets us huge benefits.

Here's my method with acquiring knowledge. Things that I don't understand as I read them, I drop them in a notebook bucket to investigate or google later (or at that moment). I often start with Wikipedia if I need some refreshing or if it's a new mechanism or set of ideas woven together. Then once I feel comfortable with it, I find better sources for a deeper understanding if I have time for it. I literally can put on a cap to be Sherlock Holmes or Hercules Poirot finding connections and clues and thinking it like a mystery to feed curiosity, even when a subject might look like it doesn't have much 'entertainment value' on the surface. :)

Also, I never put a time-constraint on myself to learn...I actually think this point is a large problem with our modern education system. Why are we learning this? My answer is to find truth as closest-best-fit to the truth. Truth is a huge motivator in my life. I say this because it's what drives me. Everyone has different reasons why they are driven and motivated. Incentives can also exist that can distract from truth. I saw way too many students in my college career learn for "sound-bytes", appease the teacher's focus, and not follow up to challenge the teachers and professors above them. In other words, most college students just game the Grade-system for their future profession because they don't have enough time to learn enough details to make strong challenges up the chain. And often if an idea is challenged, it's labeled as going too far down a rabbit hole.

I continually go back to past JK blogs to transfer the short-term into the long-term banks, and upon multiple readings, picking up on clues that were dropped. I like to imagine all scientific knowledge as a giant pyramid under construction. Each of us has some "pyramid-base" of that pyramid, but as each climbs up the pyramid, each of us has built up bricks in certain places. For this reason, I view 'smart' as continuing to take action to want to learn, rather than having a lack of knowledge attained. Keeping an open mind is smart too, as scientific knowledge is pliable at times. And many concepts become more clear, I've found, if I find new ways to perceive them. There are also a lot of great resources online for visualizations of specific mechanisms for instance. As more knowledge is accumulated, connections jump out more frequently. That also helps to churn more connections over time as a feedback loop of the desire of knowledge. And I'm sure dopamine plays a part too ;)

Brent Patrick, Jenelle and lohd2015 like this.
  20. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Jenelle, I am a newbie like you too. All I can say is don't give up. It does get easier, the more time you spend.
    In the meantime, I just wrote this for a group of girls I chat with. It seems like they need a "Dummies" version also. I am posting it here in hopes that it may provide you with a general direction, the analogies are really crude (or you may know everything in the story already).

Since I am still learning, I hope I got the basics correct, and I really welcome input and corrections. Thank you in advance.

“HOW TO WIN YOUR BATTLES”

I seem to get a lot of questions about what kind of food is good, and what one should eat to lose weight, or to have healthy skin, or to get better sleep, etc. etc.

Let me tell you this little story, and hopefully it will help you win your battles.

Foods are like soldiers. They help the country (your body) run smoothly so that the people (your cells, mitochondria) are happy and content.

However, no matter what kind of soldiers you have, they cannot function unless they receive proper directions from Generals (Sunlight).

There are many different Generals, the most famous are the UV (ultra violet) Generals and IR (Infrared) Generals, and they all have different missions in the body.

These Generals have command centers in your eyes, skin and gut.

Every morning at the command center in the eye, the Generals train Lieutenants and Captains (hormones) and dispatch them to the local Governor (brain) and/or various City Mayors (your vital organs) for development and deployment.

The Generals (Sunlight), Lieutenants and Captains (Hormones), as well as Governor (Brain), Mayors (Organs) and the people (cells /mitochondria), all rely on Messengers (DHA) to communicate. Without these Messengers, orders cannot be executed.

Every day, the Generals come to their headquarters and give out orders so that everybody, including the soldiers, and the people, can do their jobs so that the country can thrive, and you are happy and healthy.

Artificial lights/Blue lights (fluorescent, LED, smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs all have abnormal amounts of blue light)

Non-Native EMF (WIFI, radio frequencies from cellphones, microwaves, A/C electric currents that have polarized electromagnetic frequencies)

These two are the enemies who send out fake generals. These impostors come into the headquarters and give out faulty instructions with the intention to bring about chaos in the country (your body). They will corrupt the Lieutenants and Captains so that they become ineffective and confused. The local governor and city mayors also become corrupted. The whole chain of command is now chaotic. The soldiers are told to sit around and do nothing. The people become irritable and directionless. The soldiers are no longer useful in maintaining order and stability. People don’t show up for work, become fat and lazy (you start to age, get fat and tire easily). Then the people, out of frustration, start to attack each other and steal from each other (you get inflammation and autoimmune diseases). Then riots break out and there is no one to control the damage (you get cancer). You go to the doctor, and he prescribes chemo, surgery, medicine to stop the riots and unrests at one place. To your surprise, more riots and unrests show up elsewhere later. The Enemy has taken over and you are losing the battle!!!

Sometimes, when mothers are harboring fake Generals, they will often give birth to babies with spies (mitochondria heteroplasmy) in them. These spies may be able to cause harm right away (obesity, autism, allergies, bad skin, poor immune system) or later on in adulthood.

To win the battle, you must first get rid of the fake generals. Make sure that your Generals (Sunlight) can get to your headquarters without obstruction (glass, clothing, sunscreen) every morning, between the hours of 6 am to 10 am. The Generals can only train Lieutenants and Captains during those hours, and they prefer to train in the cold.

Make sure you have plenty of Messengers (DHA) handy to carry out the Generals’ orders.

You can try to get Super Soldiers (ketogenic diet-fat contains more electrons than carbohydrates). But remember, unless you can get the REAL Generals, no amount of soldiers, super or not, will make a difference in the bottom line.

Good luck and start winning your battles!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016