1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

"baby, it's cold outside"

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Tanya, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is anybody selling this?
    How to change sheets?
    Any problems with body parts getting closer to 20 Gauss Magnetico below?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

There is a new and correct link for this post. Sorry.....

4. nicld

nicld Gold

OMG that is SO TRUE today. It was -26 below AIR temp this morning with -50 F wind chill.

But instead of jeans I see dead deer on the side of the road sticking straight up. My cats have done that, my water froze at the game yesterday before I could drink it all, the small dog has done the "broken" leg thing, covering herself up and not going too far to pee.

But at least I don't live in Canada where I heard it is worse but Alaska is warmer then us and so is the north pole.

5. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

And UK and Porto has giant waves after storm... I have +4C and rain, should be -10C and snow... Is the nature trying to make order in the system?

[video=youtube;VfZRh8bjvv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZRh8bjvv8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Oh, incredible video, prAna303!!!

7. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

Amazing surf!

Meanwhile, in California's Sierra Nevada no snow has fallen in weeks and highs of 55F are melting what's still on the ground. Little snow in the forecast for weeks. Drought signs are getting desperate.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I was in Europe for 8 days......weather was cold and windy for the most part........the shocker? I get home to the gulf coast and it is significantly colder. 21 F degrees today, going to be 10 degrees tonight. Avg Paris temp was 37-47 F

9. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Must be all that global warming!!! I am worried about all the homeless people. Hope that they will find a shelter to be safe. Pets too....Where I came from, we never had any school cancellations and no school bus transportation either. I had to walk two miles in a bitter cold and deep snow to get there.

10. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Still can not stop wonder if we have done a little to much to control our world.

We have created citys, highways and filled our world with tar and cement. The way of thinking, that logistics is our main goal, perhaps is getting a kick in the butt. Every time nature makes a move, these modern things get hurt and us together with them. The natural energies that should flow across earth is disturbed and is this the reason why weather today is crazy? I think it is a natural way for the universe to make order, make the earth look like it once was, without our way of order.

Entropy has reached a "to high" and now everything is changing... To the better for us? who knows...

11. nicld

nicld Gold

School is closed a second day due to the cold here . I remember walking to school too in rain, sleet, snow and the freezing cold but we did shut down once in a while.

12. nicld

nicld Gold

Just wanted to spread some of the free CT with the nation instead of just keeping it to ourselves. Now you won't have to drive around with the air on in the winter :)

13. Inger

Inger Silver

So warm here. I cannot remember one winter in my life where it was +4 degree C at this time of the year. No snow, no ice... so weird! It is like summer, lol. I take the ducks out every day and let them swim in their pond, the hens are out too eating grass and the sheep are grassing. This weekend it should get cold though, and some snow. Very interesting...

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

It was 19 degrees this morning here in NW Houston. Could be worse...at least there is no snow ;)

Good thing I kept one wool coat when I moved down here. Had to break out the gloves too.

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think the wild animals you hear about dying in winter probably really became dehydrated first from a lack of liquid water, then they lost their core temp. My pond with its moving water seems to be attracting birds from miles around.

Yeah, Inger, I believe Texas is stealing your weather. And we will be warming up soon, as you start to cool down.

16. Tanya

Tanya Gold