1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

awesome seafood stew

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Shijin13, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

jwhb77 and Kristi Lambert like this.
  2. diane

diane Gold

That looks amazing! Now on my list to try. Thanks!

3. NittDan

NittDan New Member

I have all the ingredients on hand...may try tommorow night.

Comment made by a Brazilian to use some red palm oil, and a teaspoon of tomatoe paste.

4. Oh yes, I've made that recipe before I restricted my nightshades. SO good.....

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I didn't think to use my red palm oil... oh next time I will....

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

with the exception of the tomatoes - no other nightshades present. all other nightshades make my joints swell, hurt and itch and make it hard to bend them... for some reason tomatoes don't do that to me... I guess you could say toms are my cheat

7. Aren't peppers nightshades? Oh my maybe I need to brush up on that! I have cheated a couple of times with baby grape sweet tomatoes too as I get tired of ceviche with nothing but cilantro and onions.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yes peppers are a night shade - and they may have been in the recipe - but they were NOT in the stew I made - I'd be the size of a balloon and I wouldn't be typing right now

9. The family includes Datura, Mandragora (mandrake), Atropa belladonna (deadly nightshade), Lycium barbarum (wolfberry), Physalis philadelphica (tomatillo) , Physalis peruviana (Cape gooseberry flower), Capsicum (chili pepper, bell pepper), Solanum (potato, tomato, eggplant), Nicotiana (tobacco), and Petunia. With the exception of tobacco (Nicotianoideae) and petunia (Petunioideae), most of the economically important genera are contained in the subfamily Solanoideae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae

Ahhh....I miss tomatillos too! Used to make verde sauce all the time. Oh well, all I can say is it's all worth it as I feel so much better.

10. diane

diane Gold

Wow - we had this for dinner tonight, and it's amazing! My partner can't stop raving about it, and asked if we could have it every night for dinner. LOL. And he made it - which makes it even better! Thanks for sharing!

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just finally looked at that recipe .....I am a slower learner.....gonna make it tomorrow nite. Thanks

12. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Looks yum! Just printed out the recipe. Gonna have to hit Albertsons to get that much whitefish.

13. NittDan

NittDan New Member

Ditto here. This is a wonderfully fresh fish stew that will become a staple in this house. I used Pangasius, shrimp, bay scallops, and calamari...any seafood would be great. Might try it with salmon also.

14. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013