1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Avoiding ALAN impossible

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Hilde, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hilde

Hilde New Member

It is impossible for me not to be exposed to artificial light before sunrise and after sunset. I have to go through the traffic and its lights, on my bicycle. Street lights on everywhere.
    Even with a family, husband and 2 children it is impossible to prevent ALAN. Although they take me into account.
    What is your experience with this.

Martha Ray likes this.
  2. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Better answer: Get a good pair of blue blockers. Cover up skin.

Best answer: Leave the city.

Martha Ray likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is a fine line between challenging yourself and overwhelming yourself. Changing paradigms is not for the weak of heart or mind. This type of transformation takes hold of you. Invades you. Soon it owns you. You want to be free of them, but you never will be. A very slow movement on the right way is better than overwhelming speed on the wrong path and this is why you enjoy the chaos of being overwhelmed. You must have the change you seek

4. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi,
    I do it all!

5. Hilde

Hilde New Member

[QUOTE = "Jack Kruse, post: 280304, lid: 1031"] Er is een dunne lijn tussen jezelf uitdagen en jezelf overweldigen. Het veranderen van paradigma's is niet voor de zwakken van hart of geest. Dit soort transformatie grijpt je vast. Valt je binnen. Binnenkort bezit het jou. Je wilt er vrij van zijn, maar dat zul je nooit zijn. Een zeer langzame beweging op de juiste manier is beter dan overweldigende snelheid op het verkeerde pad en dit is waarom je geniet van de chaos van overweldigd zijn. U moet de wijziging hebben die u zoekt [/ QUOTE]

Hi Jack,
    Sorry but I don't understand the 'language you speak'.
    Are you saying I am not doing my best or
    are you saying I am pushing myself to hard?
    are you saying I am doing well now and don't have to worry about something that doesn't work at the moment?
    Not yet?

6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Just putting in what he may be saying. Do the best you can to do better. There is a small percent of people who can make a huge change. I was like you overwhelmed but decided the only way I can protect myself is little by little. Stay on the right path of choices.

Phosphene and April082 like this.
  7. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi,
    If I lived alone it would be no problem not to be exposed to ALAN etc but....I have a family and love my family, husband and 2 sons. As much as they support me in this, they are not comfortable at all with no ALAN. And I can understand them in this. As they understand me.
    So accidently turned on lights ALAN is happening all the time and because they want to have some lights on I am always exposed daily with ALAN.

8. Saichi

Saichi New Member

You can switch to red incandescent bulbs at night so at least you're not getting blue, yellow, and green light at night inside.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  9. drezy

drezy New Member

We keep one red incandescent on in a far corner of our home. It's kinda cool and we call it silent running mode like a submarine.

I've been fortunate in that my family has joined me. I wish you the best.

I presented something similar to my son,this is worth a read by your guys:
    https://jeb.biologists.org/content/jexbio/221/6/jeb156893.full.pdf
    T.png

Phosphene and mrc like this.
  10. Hilde

Hilde New Member

11. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Drezy,
    Thanks for the link and support.
    How do you navigate through the house?
    I am now using a candle and a red LED bikelight, is this okay?
    (typical Dutch ;)) I also have a red LED headlight.
    [​IMG]

12. drezy

drezy New Member

Is that a Dutch thing headlights?

I've worked with almost every nationality but only one Dutch dude.

I saw him open a box and say "Hhhhhhh Americans do not know how to fix shoes..."

If those lights do not flicker (in order to save power) they look OK.

Phosphene likes this.
  13. Rachel151

Rachel151 Gold

My four year old son would DEFINITELY be on board for a red incandescent. ​

@drezy do you have red lamps on nightstand or salt lamps? Or just incandescent?

I’m working to make these changes but want to truly decide so I don’t end up returning and buying 50 times.

Maybe red light in bedroom will help 5 month postpartum sexy time? :p

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  14. drezy

drezy New Member

I like that goal.
    You may also find a positive correlation between quality sexy time and increases male openness toward changes. If Pavlov's dog were trained to salivate on the sound of a bell, husbands sound be trainable with redlights.

I started with red incandescents (one in a corner of the biggest section of my home and one in each potty in case of night time use where the red led nightlights I have don't cut it).

These ones are $4 ea. Though Amazon has similar bulbs as well if you want to start out low dollar.
    https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/53824/IN-0060A19CR120.html

I'm currently testing out two different LED "therapy" units for any indoor work. I'm still testing them though and may redeploy them to other rooms for other purposes if I eventually get better panels.

mrc, Inger, Rachel151 and 2 others like this.