1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Avoid ALAN in your hacks.......

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Jack Kruse, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ALAN = artificial light at night is bad news. Avoid light at night, late types, if you want to get to sleep earlier. 'Increased sensitivity of the circadian system to light in delayed sleep-wake phase disorder' from https://buff.ly/2Ev9aAj

PalmBeach1 and recoen like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Since my DW died in October 2018 I am burning candles in her memory.
    It also goes nicely with benefits of using natural light idea.
    The candles are made out of paraffin wax, usually white.
    By now, over year latter, my ceilings are covered with black soot.
    I got 50 pounds of bees wax and plan on making candles out of it after my stash of paraffin candles runs out.
    Wonder if beeswax candles will produce less soot?

Question to those who use candles,
    how to deal with soot that candle are creating?

3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

I would use beeswax only, supposed to be a cleaner burn. There are tips on candle makers websites about wick length, etc. that leads to unhappy burning. Also, open a window lol

JanSz likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

My thesis is hitting its stride in the literature now.........Blue Light Induces Mitochondrial DNA Damage and Free Radical Production in Epithelial/Skin Cells. Look closely: here is the other gem of a quote from the article " It is well recognized that non-ionizing radiation can react photochemically with biological chromophores, producing end products that are toxic and/or mutagenic in mammalian cells." but wifi and cell radiation is supposed to be harmless. #mitochondriacwisdom http://www.jbc.org/content/280/22/21061.full

Cheryl., JanSz and Bob Stirling like this.
  7. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

So harmless the FCC doesnt even need to test it!

Cheryl. likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper