1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

avocados?

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Billybats, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi everyone,

Should they be eaten only if they are in your area and seasonal. I live in NJ, should I not eat them. Or is it also if your nationally doesn't eat them. I never ate them growing up, but also didn't eat much fish either, so I can't go by that either. I think Italians don't eat avocado:confused:

Thank you
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  2. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma New Member

I kept buying them and they'd go off in the fruit bowl as I never got around to eating them.

I think intuitively I knew they were off. Avocadoes do not grow in Scotland so I'm not eating them :)
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Emma,

I read a post of Dr. K's him using avocado but don't know if its anytime. He also said if I didn't misread that using avocado oil on the skin does something good. I use to use it on my skin. I may start again because coconut oil isn't working for my peeling skin. This is a the first time I ever peeled so much. I would love to eat avocado for the leptin rx to fill me up more.

Does anyone else use avocado, if so when.
  4. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Coconut( oil) don t grow in this environments either,
    I live in germany, I suppose I shouldn t have any coconut products and no avocado?
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Funny I was thinking that to with coconut oil. I stopped obsessing with the food to some degree. I was craving avocados and had one today. I figure just don't go overboard, in general.
  6. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I thought about that too.. still not entirely sure but I limit what doesnt grow in my environment. No more avocados but I still use some coconut oil, perhaps some nuts and of course coffee doesnt grow in Europe either but I still drink it.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I do fatty acids analysis.
    Then look what I am missing and what i have in excess.

We are made of variety of fats.
    Some that we need are in avocados, others in coconut oil, butter, fish etc.

upload_2017-7-20_15-39-14.png