1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

avocados?

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Billybats, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi everyone,

Should they be eaten only if they are in your area and seasonal. I live in NJ, should I not eat them. Or is it also if your nationally doesn't eat them. I never ate them growing up, but also didn't eat much fish either, so I can't go by that either. I think Italians don't eat avocado:confused:

Thank you
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  2. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I kept buying them and they'd go off in the fruit bowl as I never got around to eating them.

I think intuitively I knew they were off. Avocadoes do not grow in Scotland so I'm not eating them :)
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Emma,

I read a post of Dr. K's him using avocado but don't know if its anytime. He also said if I didn't misread that using avocado oil on the skin does something good. I use to use it on my skin. I may start again because coconut oil isn't working for my peeling skin. This is a the first time I ever peeled so much. I would love to eat avocado for the leptin rx to fill me up more.

Does anyone else use avocado, if so when.
  4. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Coconut( oil) don t grow in this environments either,
    I live in germany, I suppose I shouldn t have any coconut products and no avocado?
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Funny I was thinking that to with coconut oil. I stopped obsessing with the food to some degree. I was craving avocados and had one today. I figure just don't go overboard, in general.
  6. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I thought about that too.. still not entirely sure but I limit what doesnt grow in my environment. No more avocados but I still use some coconut oil, perhaps some nuts and of course coffee doesnt grow in Europe either but I still drink it.
    Verena1028 likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I do fatty acids analysis.
    Then look what I am missing and what i have in excess.

We are made of variety of fats.
    Some that we need are in avocados, others in coconut oil, butter, fish etc.

upload_2017-7-20_15-39-14.png

8. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

This is interesting.
    I dont have the possibility to check this....

So I try to use fat seasonal: avocado, yolk , coconut not in winter

If i would only eat what grew here, it would be vegetable with egg, fish, meat,
    No oils, no nuts, no cacao, no tumeric...
    So still I do eat some avocado and paranuts, some herbs and spiece,
    I think i wouldnt get enough electrons and be hungry all the time in this bad environment here

But I dont use carbs like banana or batate because of the ligth information

I reall y would like to know if there are more postive sites of using foodlike avocado , coconut from elswhere , or negativ...because it s a bad mismatch and i confiuse my body?
  9. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Stuff like turmeric can be seen as a useful biohack, we live in very unnatural environments after all so we use unnatural biohacks to deal with it as much as possible.

As for the positive and negative, keeping in mind the seasons when it comes to foods is probably more important than eating solely what grows/lives near you. But if you want to be really sure you have to test how you respond to certain foods like avocado. I never had problems with avocado but I can find other fat sources so dont eat then anymore, I also never had problems with coconut oil, but I had major problems with MCT oil which goes to show least refined foods are better. Its simple trial and error, not assuming anything.
  10. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Thank you very much,
    Very helpful!
    Yeah, I also tried Mct oil ( more than one time), but I swear I will never use it,small amounts bad problems...
    WalterNL likes this.
  11. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Do you have stuff like banana, pineapple, melon at summertime?
  12. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yes but not that much. I mostly have berries that grow at our latitude in summer. Local fruit is always more fresh so its an easy choice.

Im in Spain now and have orange juice every day, no problem at all in my experience. Especially with lots of sun and good circadian rhythm, food is less important.
  13. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Yes thanks, I absoultely do know this
    But i am still absolutely not sure how much carb are working for me
    I livehere in germany and its often very cloudy...:(
  14. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I think I remember @Jack Kruse saying in a webinar about eating avocados year round in relation to prostate/PSA?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Verena1028 and Brent Patrick like this.
  15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yep, chocolate don't grow in Scotland either but I make exceptions :)

Obviously turmeric too. I think that the 80/20 rule probably applies here. Make the bulk of your daily food be from your environment and add additional powerhouses to spice up the meal.

I lost interest in the raw food movement when all the supplements were from the other side of the world. I got seriously into foraging and discovered there were nutritional superheroes in my own garden!!
    Verena1028 and WalterNL like this.