1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aussies and the donut hole!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Aug 30, 2013.

1. KrystleSky

KrystleSky New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I might have too look a bit further afield. After not seeing much of anything fresh in the deli at woolworths, I managed to grab some fresh, wild caught prawns at Woolies today. Small win :)

2. Danica

Danica New Member

Nick, how is your son now? He would be 9 years old now. When my son was 2.5, we found out that he was allergic to every food (fruits, vegies included). I didn't know about JK but came across the GAPS diet which we started following and most of his allergies have gone. He still has the really big ones - eggs, nuts, mustard, sesame seeds and fish (can have shell fish). He also reacts to wifi in schools - it makes him itchy on his skin so scratches into blood again and has itchy eyes. Do you still use the magnetico? Is it still 5g or have you increased it? We are watching the sunrise every day and staying outside as much as we can. It is hard for my son to do C/T, have you tried it with your children?

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. Crimson Funk

Crimson Funk New Member

I've been thinking about buying a magnetico for some time and came across the same problem that someone else in this forum did when I looked at alternatives and found magneticexperience.com.au

So the Aussie website says north facing magnets reduce inflammation, magnetico says to align with the local magnetic field (south facing)...

Is it possible that we are not designed to live in the southern hemisphere?

4. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

A good point made, seem to have done ok so far though.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

get

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    and
    homocysteine

6. Crimson Funk

Crimson Funk New Member

I don't think any of the blue zones have been in the southern hemisphere, which could just be coincidence. Or it could be that doing ok is as good as it gets down here.

Richard Watson likes this.
  7. Richard Watson

Looking at the data for the last three late winter to early summer periods the ozone hole is totally over and around the waters of Antarctica and never at any stage does it move over here or Australia, apart from the odd brief patches of reduced levels that drift over. Is there really much to be concerned about these days, I know this thread dates back to 2013 when ozone levels were lower than today.
    https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/

8. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

9. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Jack put a pic of Aust. aboriginals the other day & said how healthy they were

10. Richard Watson

Not many live as the traditional hunter and gather anymore, sadly.

11. Too bad...

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is it ok to eat my pet chicken?
    Each of them has a name.
    upload_2021-5-18_12-29-9.png

13. Inger

Inger Silver

ohh.. cute :):):):love:

Of course its okay. I have too. My brothers killed them though I cant do that.
    But let them make babies and then you always can eat the ones that are too many - or the roosters that does not lay eggs(they will usually fight with each other), thats what we did :)

They will taste even better if you let them live freely and only put them into the cage at night, they will go in there when sun goes down, always. And then they can pick and eat around the neighborhood, worms and insects and grass.. and maybe lay an egg in the neighbors yard

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not want to eat my pets, at least not yet.
    Last year we had real chicken. They lay eggs and we ate them.
    In my neighborhood having chicken is problematic, but our neighbors are good and do not complain.
    The real chickens are noisy, but especially roosters. So we gave away roosters.
    This year my chickens are silky chicken. They are quiet.
    For now, I do not even know which are roosters. Likely because they are still too young.
    Birds have a ball. They love silky chicken feathers for their nests. Those feathers are really fluffy.

upload_2021-5-18_13-56-38.png [​IMG]

Inger, caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  15. Richard Watson

The silky hens are a very broody variety, love sitting on there eggs

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  16. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Doubt whether any totally do

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice :).
    Yes eating ones pets is not easy. That is true. I could not eat my closest pet lamb either, Emme. She was my baby.

Maybe you can go and pick oysters and mussels at the shore :) That is easier, and great for survival if needed :) That is to be a real hunter gatherer! I was picking oysters the other day and have had tons of them the last days, yum. Maybe i go get some more today. Feels so good to eat them again - I did not have any all winter long.
    Oysters have this wild free feeling with them.... so healing :love:

Richard Watson likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My local Asian store sells $10/lb of fresh oyster meat. I eat that pound within 2-3 days.
    They also have fresh oysters, but they are hard to open, so I go the easy way.
    Also salmon roe and shucked clams meat.

caroline and Richard Watson like this.