1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aussies and the donut hole!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I get the San Benedetto sparkling italian mineral water from aldi $1.50 per 1.5l bottle which is the cheapest i can find. Its in blue plastic and I feel dreadful about the amount of plastic rubbish I am making but thats all I can do...I tried filling bottles of RO water and putting them on the magnetico and then into the fridge...but its very time consuming and I haven't bothered lately.
    I can't wait to move to Cairns and have fluoride free water to bathe in...my bathroom reeks of chlorine whenever I fill the bath for CT...my RO filter is only on kitchen tap. If I buy ice its all fluorodated...stinky.

caroline likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Me too ...San Benedetto. I find I drink much more when it is slightly sparkly.

3. Nice one! I just bought 12 bottles from Aldi today - I had no idea Aldi had it! I was buying the Italian Sparkling Water from Woolies when it was on special, not knowing it's cheaper at Aldi as their normal price all the time!

Showering in chlorinated water is icky. I used to have a Pure Water Systems filter on my shower which was fab, although not these days. There's a trade off though in Cairns, more humidity = more mould & mozzies.

How long ago did you buy your magnetico Richelle?

4. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Something like over 70 or 80% of bottled water in New Zealand comes from the Blue Spring at Putaruru. http://www.tewaihouwater.co.nz/

This water fell as rain some 80-100years ago before emerging from the Mamaku ranges aquifier at the Blue Spring. Hopefully it therefore predates the UV/Halides contamination.

Hmmm . . . . 5.7mg/l Chloride - is that a problem?

It flows at 42 cubic meters per minute and is 11degreesC year round - and YES, you can swim in it:)

5. About 2yrs ago...i love it. sleep like a rock on it...

Haley_Pendragon likes this.
  6. The shipping cost and US->AUD is pretty scary right now... I would love to know how much you paid for it if you're happy to share or PM me? :)

Richelle Jones likes this.
  7. So I'm loving my San Benedetto... I still get Pureau or Aussie Spring Water to fill up my coffee machine though as somehow I don't think sparkling water is the best idea for that!

Question about where I keep my bottle of water at work though if someone can give me their opinion - I take a bottle of san benedetto to work, and I keep it right where I am most of the time, which is at the counter. I put it in the cupboard under my POS monitor, and the cupboard right next to it has things like the printer and the router. It's surrounded by computer equip. What will this be doing to my water? I used to take a stainless steel bottle - would that be any better?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have to keep it next to you? It would be so much better cold.....

Could you make sure to dink lots when you take a bathroom break?

Maybe the shop needs a water cooler???

9. I could potentially keep it in the fridge with all the probiotics etc up the back of the store - a big problem is that if it's not with me I don't drink as much, however I could train myself to stop and go to the fridge.

I have to time my water drinking correctly - I work a great deal of the day on my own and can't leave the store for a bathroom break as it means shutting the whole shop. So I drink lots between 11am and 2:30pm so I can go to the toilet just before 3pm when my staff leave. Then I finish what's left after work ;)

10. Haha. yes...well shipping was $1018 USD and then there was an additional $650ish AUD import duty. That was for the QS pad and considering it weighs 120kg the shipping is actually quite "reasonable". I have been charged $120 USD to post 6 CD and DVDs from USA...and they wonder why we are the pirating capital of the world.

11. That was in October 2014 so not two years ago...time has obviously slowed since i got it then.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    caroline likes this.
  12. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

Hi to all the Aussies!
    I am excited to say I am now back in Australia (from living in London) and at the beach each day!

Great to read all about the drinking water etc here. We have been drinking the Purea water and some San Pell.
    Looks like we will make a change to all Mineral water which I love anyway! And keep some Purea for the occasional tea.

I am just up the road from you Caroline :)

Haley_Pendragon and caroline like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes you are and I love Bondi ... You get to sunbathe nude there - or at least topless!

Tell us how you are doing and what brings you back to Oz.....

Where you in Melbourne before? Not sure I remember that correctly....

14. LaurenR

LaurenR New Member

I used to live in Melbourne, but we moved back to Bondi for the sunshine and beaches.
    Still work to do in the healing and optimising.
    And I do sunbathe topless ;)

15. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Haley just send Magnetico an email - Andrea is the lady who answers - been there 10 yrs, she is just lovely & really helpful. She will work out shipping costs & let you know without any pressure to buy. If you get pieces shipped separately & cost with shipping is under $1000 there is no duty or tax payable. PM or ring me it want to know more.

16. Interesting thing happened to one of my staff the other day - he usually buys Woolworths Spring water, and drinks a 1.5L while in store working with me. Woolies were out of their water for a little while so he started buying the spring water from Aldi for a couple weeks. He was also getting headaches. After a couple weeks had gone by he realised that the large bottles of Aldi Spring water were the cause of his headaches as he could smell chemicals/plastic when he opened a bottle. He's using a different brand and headaches have ceased again. (I haven't managed to switch him to sparkling Italian water yet). Poor guy. Maybe their Spring water spent extra time in the sun or hot conditions during the shipping process?

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Holy cow .... Don't like the sounds of that ^^^^^^

18. oh clever! wish i'd known that. I am planning to buy more so i will do that next time.

19. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

How's the Cairns move progressing Richelle?

20. Oh good...ish. Selling things and painting still...should have house on the market soon (wanna buy a nice house in Canberra?). Parents and children aren't too happy. That is normal. Are u in HB or Bendigo?