1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Auotimmune reversal?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jack Kruse, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. prime1

prime1 New Member

I haven't read that but just finished up lecture on eating carbs in the right season. And, wheat is good for you in the right season. More than a 3 hour lecture and my head was full. The oringal paleo diet had carbs in it and in fact more gluten then what we consume today. Shoots the whole gluten free crap out the window.

Dr Douillard -

http://eatwheat.lifespa.com/

Dr Douillard completely crushes Dr Perlmutter - Great presentation:

3. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Excellent topic.
    Fix gut, then you can eat anything.
    Or rather eat anything and gut will fix itself (if it is not gone too far).
    Inhale dust (full bore), specially pollen and hay dust.
    Do not wash hands, unless you doing surgery.
    Pampering results in low resistance.
    ----------------------
    There is so much talk about wheat there and not enough about barley and rye.
    Rye is getting extinct.
    Look at the "rye bread", if you can find it. It is made of wheat flour and minute amounts of rye, basically rye flavored.

From my memory, back in Poland, 1940-1971, bread was a rye bread, nothing but rye.
    Wheat was for deserts, pastry, donuts, cakes.

Where to get 100% rye bread?
    The (pretty good) Lithuanian sourdough bread, that I can get in my German store (is made of wheat).
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

make your own?????
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have Phil's book .........wonderful story of discovery and recovery.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Published on Jan 24, 2017
    Dr. John and Dr. Mercola Explore the Benefits of Wheat

Watch the podcast: http://lifespa.com/episode-42-dr-john...

Ground-Breaking News Regarding a Gluten-Free Diet...

Join Dr. Joe Mercola and Dr. John Douillard as they discuss the newest research and information about the changing posture regarding being gluten-free. The 16-billion-dollar-a-year gluten-free industry has tainted the truth about wheat and is replacing organic, whole grain wheat with more "processed foods" like gluten-free bread – which is the most common cause of gluten intolerance!

Don’t miss this exciting interview where Dr. Joe Mercola, author of The No-Grain Diet, revises his position on wheat. The gluten-free pendulum is shifting, and this interview is a MUST-SEE!
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Processed flour ---->high GI
    Whole grain flour---->lower GI (wonder how much lower??)

yes,
    https://www.amazon.com/Hodgson-Mill-Whole-Grain-5-Pounds/dp/B004IN601I/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1486600835&sr=8-2&keywords=whole rye flour

[​IMG]

Rye Sourdough Starter
    Made the Breadtopia recipe for Artisan Sourdough Rye bread (Swedish Rye Bread)
    [​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CB...d-Maker/dp/B0009VELTQ/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen

Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
    [​IMG]

This machines assume that yeast will be used. (I think)
    Wonder how they would work with sourdough starter?

@caroline any opinion or pointers on using bread machine to make sourdough bread (using starter)??
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have a bread machine? I don't know anything about them. I have always made bread by hand.

bread made with 100% rye flour would be quite heavy I think. There is a great recipe that was in the NY times - I can look it up I think.

Do you know of James Beard? He has/had a book .....Beard on bread

Your best bet would be the above packet maybe? what do they suggest?
    Phosphene likes this.
  9. Penny

Penny New Member

oh God if you want a nice ancient tasting real rye bread - Trader Joes has this authentic rye bread with really thin slices that is divine - in fact, there was a guy who fixed his gut flora using it which is how I became aware of it - it is just like the stuff you can order on Amazon which is authentic - but here is a rye with no rye which tastes just like rye:
    http://nordicfoodliving.com/danish-rye-bread-rugbrod/

In fact, their Thai soup (tom ka gai) is utterly divine and quite possible the most healing broth I've ever seen...
  10. Penny

Penny New Member

Actually, I find getting nice and dirty in the garden probably does more wonders for the gut flora than any probiotic - inhale deeply:) And eat anything out there - I planted some drought tolerant flowers that taste like mint - I worked with a guy once who grew up in Egypt - they scratched his shoulder and then told him to go play in the dirt... amazing -
  11. Penny

Penny New Member

12. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I know good 100% rye sourdough bread made from starter.
    My father was excellent at that.
    He had oven, like pizza oven, just for that purpose.
    Practically home bread baking was just for fun. There was available rye bread in bakery in town.
    I have newer made bread myself, but from what I have seen watching my father it was time consuming process.
    Most of the time is spend waiting and watching the dough to grow (proofing).
    Not sure if machine can replicate that, or if it can, I would have to somehow predict that time and tell machine how long to wait.
    IIRC, there are two or three of those periods, each take different amount of time.
    First make a dough, leave it, wait till it grows
    then mix it, let it grow again
    mix it, make loves, wait til it grows
    bake it
    Father knew what to look for by watching, touching, adjusting room temperature (no drafts), humidity (covered with cloth, water sprinkled).
    I missed my chance, newer got involved in that process.
    But the bread was insanely good.
    When father made bread usually my mom would make butter.
    Freshly baked bread, still hot from the oven, lots of new butter chased by buttermilk.
    Is there anything better?
    Ania likes this.
  13. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Michael Pollan predicted the gluten free dogma would come falling down eventually.

There is nothing wrong with gluten per se for a healthy person. But huge amounts of gluten for an already sick problem can exacerbate things. Of course the most processed breads are the worst. Traditional breads are fine depending on your location. And like JanSz says, making bread is time consuming, it's supposed to be.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

15. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Diet and Seasonal Eating
    In my book, The 3-Season Diet, I discuss how nature has 3 growing seasons. The spring, summer and fall are the growing seasons, with winter as nature’s dormant season. In this section, learn how to eat with the seasons, according to your body type and the natural digestive cycles, and the importance of eating regular meals in a relaxed way.

http://lifespa.com/category/diet-seasonal-eating/

5 Required Foods for Winter Wellness
    http://lifespa.com/5-required-foods-winter-wellness/