1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

August Q and A

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Aug 25, 2015.

1. cinnamon asked a question about getting breathing right...this definitely does not entail Wim Hof method!
    I showed Jeremy how he can breathe 300% more efficiently on the cruise, and Joe and Devin were the witnesses

Because of his lung issue he recruits all of his accessory muscles of respiration thus demanding more 02 and ATP just to breathe. Of course Jeremy gets a pass on this because none of his docs have educated him to correctly use his diaphragm.

Now consider that the diaphragm undergoes excursion some 33,000 times a day, then again all night, then again the next day, on and on for a lifetime and never tires. imagine doing 33000 bicep curls, not only would you be unable in the first place, but you wouldnt be backing it up day after day.

When jeremy was able to recruit and re-establish his diaphragm driven breath he required less volume to do more, as it was not wasted on expensive skeletal muscle activation. INterestingly everyone seems to put a lot of stock in the image basis of the tensegrity system, yet i said to jeremy that when we see muscular grooving like this we see inefficiency and dysfunction. once he was able to bring the breath back to the diaphragm his abs and pecs settled down and much of the grooving disappeared. ie he became more efficient.

http://hanslindgren.com/articles/core-stability-from-the-inside-out/ <-- this is why grooving is inefficient and why it disappeared

http://hanslindgren.com/articles/diaphragm-function-for-core-stability/

http://hanslindgren.com/articles/diaphragm-function-and-core-stability/

one can see by understanding this material that VO2 max is really a poor measure of efficiency, as we can gasp and grab more air but much is wasted

Jude, Peertje80, Brother John and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

hopefully cinnamon sees this

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  3. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Josh,
    This is great stuff and I read it all. I'm very familiar with the postural / strengthening aspects of the diaphragm and it was great to read such a breakdown. It amazes that some believe "hollowing" is useful for strength movements so I enjoyed that part of the info as well as the distinction made between diaphragm breathing and "belly" breathing. (I wanna barf when people teach belly breathing as diaphragm breathing...)
    I met a personal trainer awhile back that teaches "core exercises" all the time but could not do this: (arms and legs extended push up) I can do many reps. Totally impossible without the contractions described in the article. The old time strong men did not "vacuum" the waist as todays bodybuilders do and maybe there is a misconception about strength and function because of photos of muscle guys with sucked in abs?!
    Sounds like you did Jeremy a Good!
    Thanks Much,
    Brother John

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  4. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Thank you very much for this @Josh (Paleo Osteo) :D

Just yesterday, I was thinking I needed to rephrase that question and ask it again. I still have to look at all the links you posted, but wanted to jump in first to say thanks! :)

And thanks also to @Optimalbound for letting me know to come look at this thread! :)

Optimalbound likes this.