1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Audible nnEMF

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Saichi, May 12, 2019.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I've always been acutely sensitive to sound and been an audiophile my whole adult life because of it. Seeing how most people are surrounded by noise from our artificial electric material world I'm curious what literature and research exists on the biological effects of various frequencies.

The other day the approximately 45 year old train I was on got stalled on the Manhattan bridge for about 10 minutes. During that time a swelling buzzing noise with high periodicity, not uncommon for trains of this age, came over the intercom. A noise I've heard probably hundreds of time over the past couple decades, but almost never listened to before, grabbed my consciousness in a highly objectionable way. I didn't have my earphones with me so I had to plug my ears with my fingers for the duration.

When I was a kid I remember my first exposure to CRT TVs in the 80s, how unpleasant that constant high frequency buzz was but also how quickly I became conditioned to it. Few weeks ago I was in a thrift store and saw a big CRT TV for sale that was already plugged in, I turned it on and that forgotten noise couldn't have been more disturbing on a fundamental level. I thought I couldn't believe I ever became conditioned to accept that growing up. I had to turn it off within less than 10 seconds after listening incredulously.

Last week I played in a division II volleyball league match in the city and the ref, who was wearing earplugs, blew his whistle so loudly my ears would literally hurt on each blow, my body would involuntarily flinch to it. No one else on either team reacted to it. I eventually asked the ref if he could tone it down and he looked at me like an alien and one of my teammates acted like I was a sissy. The frequency alone wasn't the problem as was with the train and TV, but mostly an amplitude offense.

Anyone else have experiences or stories of audible nnEMF?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, I remember "instant-on" television sets! I just couldn't stand them. Most people couldn't hear the high-pitched scream they emitted even when turned off.

I have issues with indoor basketball. The whistle, the buzzer, even the ball itself being dribbled.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Strictly speaking, it is incorrect to conflate EM waves with sound waves. While they share characteristics like frequency and wave form, the are fundamentally different. EMF contains an electric and magnetic component-- sound does not. Sound needs a medium to propagate (like air or water) but EM waves do not-- they can move in a vacuum.

But I suspect sound waves can interact in weird ways with EMF.

It seems we are plagued with infrasonic sound pollution. Everyone, for example, has heard of the mysterious hum heard in many places.

4. Saichi

Saichi New Member