1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ATP question

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Stephen W, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Hi Jack,
    Can enough ATP be produced within 10 min of standing in the sun to feel a difference?

My symptoms go away with warm sun within 10 min or so and made me wonder if it’s ATP and that being my problem.

Thanks

DrEttinger likes this.
  2. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Stephen,

This is a good read and may shed some light on what's going on.

How UV Light Touches the Brain and Endocrine System Through Skin, and Why

First paragraph of the conclusion:

Because UV energy has shaped both biological evolution and homeostatic responses, it is not surprising that UV regulates global homeostasis after absorption and transduction of its electromagnetic energy into chemical, hormonal, and neural signals in a wavelength-dependent fashion, defined by its tissue penetration and the nature of the chromophores UVR interacts with. This homeostatic activity includes activation of the CNS and/or endocrine glands through neural transmission or chemical messengers originating in the skin. This type of regulation, although representing relics from earlier periods of biological evolution, follows precise neuroendocrine regulatory mechanisms of which examples are represented by HPA, CRH-POMC, opioidogenic, serotonin/melatoninergic, secosteroid/steroidogenic, or NO systems.

JanSz and Stephen W like this.