1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ask Jack Ground Rules

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by AKMan, Apr 10, 2012.

1. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Hey, Fellow Krusers - I was the one that wanted this forum (Ask Jack). What I hoped for was a place we could ask Jack a simple question and he could give as detailed an answer as he had time for without searching through pages of posts.

What I was hoping is that each question would ideally have only 2 posts, the question and Jack's answer. If we want to discuss it further, we could do it in one of the other forums.

People ask Jack questions all the time in the other forums, and lots of times he misses them and the person feels left out or ignored. This way, if Jack visits this forum, he will be able to give a quick answer and we will have it for reference without creating 10 pages of replies.

The questions can not be made so that it appears we are practicing medicine on the internet.

If you think this is crazy, just ignore me!

Thanks,

AKman

2. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Thanks Akman, I think this is a great idea. I will go through my vast amount of questions and figure out which one to come back here with!

3. Endless

Endless Guest

Sounds great to me!

4. AKMan

AKMan New Member

It would be cool if the last post on each question was from Jack. I know a lot of times I only read a post when I see his name as the last poster.

5. MJ*

MJ* New Member

I don't think you're crazy...I think this is a very smart idea!!

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I just click on his member name in one of his posts, and click on "View Forum Posts". That gives me his recent posts in reverse order. Don't wanna miss any gold...

billy and Theka like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great idea. thanks'

8. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Can you please sticky this thread. I just read it know, and from reading other thread, I'm not sure everyone participating in this forum has read these guidelines.

9. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Plus, if no one cross-posts, Jack will be able to see at a glance if he answered the person or not. I wonder if there's a way to lock the thread after Jack answers it.

I think it would be so cool if each thread only had 2 posts in it; the OP and Jack's. Not people saying, 'yeah, but how about...?'

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

one answer and that is it.....no follow ups Make your question stick and good.

11. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

When fully immersed will ten min.@45deg yield more benefit than ten min.@ 52deg. Is colder better?

12. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

they should be able to set it up where only Jack can answer right?

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

@Akman: You can view a single person's posts by clicking on the screen name and then "view posts".... I use this a lot. Much quicker and you can get right to the relevant post without going through pages... but you might know this already :)

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

If you would start your question with "Jack, ..." then those of us who just sort on the latest forum posts will be alerted that this post is in the Ask Jack section, and we won't be tempted to respond. I usually catch myself before replying to an Ask Jack post, but occasionally I reply before noticing.

Melanie Procter likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I expect the ask Jack thread to be changing in the next few months too as time goes on.

billy likes this.
  16. marylouise

marylouise New Member

Jack is it okay to tell anyone what site one uses to get their stats from?? Like to calulator for food.

Fat-

carbs-

that kind os site.

Or is there one here I have not found yet??

17. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Jack, is it better to eat within 30 minutes of rising even if it's still dark out and the only lights come from candles or wait until the sun rises to eat breakfast? I'm up at 5 and do CT but I'd be eating at 5:30-5:45 am and the sun doesn't rise until 7:45-8 am here.

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ask this not here but in the ASK Jack forum!!! LOL