1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Articles and TV shows that reference Factor X - discuss here

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by TerrierMom, Jun 27, 2012.

1. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Since my last thread is a few TV shows that touch Factor X implications I thought maybe a new thread where we could post about stuff like that which we come across.

Just caught the last few minutes of 'Mysteries at the Museum' on the Travel channel where the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918 was discussed. It was mentioned that scientists figured out why the seemingly healthiest people were hit the hardest, and said it was because the virus provoked a strong immune response. Therefore the stronger and more healthy the person, the harder their system would fight the virus, and ultimately kill the host. While more weak and vulnerable populations survived better. The show opines that the people left gained immunity.

I guess it was gained via a normally leaky gut that incorporated the viral DNA? I just thought it was interesting that the stronger people got taken out, has to be more to this story in light of what Jack is talking about but I can't quite grasp it. Anyone want to ruminate on this?

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Just b/c they appeared to be stronger - doesn't mean they were - could be their gut was far more leaky than those who survived. I think you need a happy medium btwn the gut/brain to optimally assimilate the viral dna/rna - to make it useful, and pass on to survivors. If its too leaky you're immune compromised already - even if you show no symptoms. there's more to this than meets the eye.... and I think Jack's going to give us the "Silver bullet" that kills all other theories as we move further into the BG Series.

Go back and re-read level1 of the quilt. then re-read BG1 and BG2, then re-read CT6, then go back and Re-read BG 1 & 2. then pick up cordain's paleo answer and read the autoimmune section -

ETA: if you were to look at me and my health conditions and look at my DH - you'd think he was healthier than me. But when you look at the labs - I'm actually healthier than him... appearances can be deceiving... you've got to look at the whole picture to start to put the puzzle pieces together...

3. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Thanks Shinjin, I knew there was more there than met the eye but wasnt sure where to go first. Doesn't seem right mother nature would kill the strongest - if they were optimal for their environment then wouldn't they survive? Off to read some more!

4. Nothin to contribue - but GREAT THREAD!

5. maggie

maggie New Member

I think most of the victims were healthy young adults with strong immune systems in whom the flu created a cytokine storm that overwhelmed them. Children and older adults, who overall had weaker immune systems than the young adults, had a lot fewer victims.

6. maggie

maggie New Member

These are two sci fi novels by Greg Bear that are entirely based on speeded up evolution driven by human endogenous retroviruses. Reviews say the science is very solid. I haven't read Darwin's Children yet, but loved Darwin's Radio when I first read it several years ago--of course it was much more meaningful to me when I went back and reread it recently after learning about Factor X. Here's a blurb from the proposed TV series that never got off the ground (I think the producers wanted to demonize the new children and this caused a breach between them and the author since it didn't reflect the spirit of the books at all.)

Darwin's Children

Set in the future, the story follows the advent of an ancient virus that accelerates evolution, creating "virus babies" - superhuman children considered the next stage of humanity but are persecuted by the human race who fear for their future. The generations clash creating global unrest.

7. janagram

janagram New Member

Thanks for the interesting ideas here!! Must check out Darwin's children.

I also believe the theory that the strongest died of flu by fighting it so hard they killed off the host (themselves). It fits with some theoretical work of D'Adamo. (blood type doc...maybe not appreciated here, but for whatitsworth)

8. Marccus

Marccus New Member

thats a great idea given here by you i would surly be available for any further help. lets check up now for darwins children