1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Arthritis in dogs

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

We think that our dog may be getting slight Arthritis in her back legs and want to know what we can do to prevent this from getting worse.

We keep our dogs mostly outside during the day, they also see every sunrise and sunset, they have minimal blue light exposure.

I have put a meter around our property and the garden and the readings are not very high at all.

They are fed a raw fish (salmon, Sardines & whole prawns) & meat (Pork belly) and also raw chicken eggs and seasalt diet.

Does anyone know why she would still be getting this at 8 years old? and what else we can do to stop this.

Thank you so much for reading
    Emma x

2. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

3. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Hi Emma, I really don't know but a couple of things - are you giving them raw bones & are they sleeping on the ground at night - basically earthing?

4. Linz

Linz Gold

Have a look at the light pads from equinelighttherapy.com. They are for dogs too. I have one and it makes a big difference to my animals and to me too.
    I found my own battery pack because the ones they sell are very expensive.

healthy2015 and caroline like this.
  5. no jumping in and out of cars - over a life time it will ruin their joints.

healthy2015 likes this.
  6. Hi Jenny
    no the are not sleeping on the ground at night, I really dont want to have to leave them outside at night

7. Does anyone else have any more suggestions? Thanks