1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aromatase/Estrogen

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by kris90, Dec 6, 2017.

1. kris90

kris90 New Member

And the funny thing is I've actually done this experiment when I decided to try Ray Peat diet (high sugar/protein, low fat) last spring. I ate a shit ton of carbs, stopped CT, stopped drinking my water ice cold, wore more clothing and basically tripled my T levels while lowering my SHBG in only a months time.

2. Ted

Ted New Member

Did you triple your total T and free T? I thought that having a low SHBG is good thing. My total T is high but the free T is low because my SHBG is high and that doesn't allow the T to be free.

3. kris90

kris90 New Member

I believe so. I think my total T went as low as 6 nmol/l and Free T below 100 pmol/l because I was so cold adapted. SHBG was up to 84 nmol/l. After Ray Peat my total T hit 21 nmol/l with Free T about 300 pmol/l, and SHBG at 60 nmol/l.

SHBG is not always bad. Low SHBG is typically associated with leptin/insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome, while higher SHBG can indicate the opposite (i.e. low leptin, high adiponectin, metabolic efficiency). SHBG levels rise to protect sex hormones, by binding tightly to them, and can transport them to cells to exert effects on androgen receptors independent of free testosterone. Most people who have high SHBG are living a world of mismatches, so this causes them issues, but for a cold adapted individual, high SHBG is a good thing.

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

This post just hit me like a ton of bricks. HCG caused my T levels to go high (above 30 nmol/l). Yet the bizarre thing is that I was losing weight.

T is supposed to cause us to gain weight, which makes sense because back in my bodybuilding days, I used T to bulk up and pack on mass. So if one has high T, and losing weight, then that should be a sign that the androgen receptors are becoming resistant, and now I'm actually FULLY understanding why Jack says I didn't need HCG at all. I was basically driving up my T levels, but my androgen receptors were probably becoming resistant to protect themselves from too much deuterium (hence the T levels stayed in my serum).

Since I've been off HCG, I've actually put on about 5-7 lbs, yet my T levels dropped significantly. This would demonstrate that my androgen receptors are becoming more sensitive, hence lower T levels.

Damn I am understanding hormones at a whole new level! Maybe being shredded @ 7% bodyfat is not as ideal for optimal function as my current 10% state.

5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Alright ladies and gents, a big win for Jack and his CT 6 blog. I always say I am living proof of his claim with regards to hormone levels in the cold: they do not matter because your receptors become suprasensitized. And now we know that it is a deuterium story.

Here are my latest labs from this morning feeling like a rockstar:

LH 1.2 IU/L 1.0-9.0
    FSH 2.9 IU/L 1.0-19.0
    Estradiol 37 pmol/L 40-160
    Testosterone Total 8.7 nmol/L 6.1-27.1
    Testosterone Free Calculated 128 pmol/L 110-660
    Testosterone Bioavailable Calculated 3.0 nmol/L 2.8-15.5
    SHBG 50 nmol/L 13-89

What is my secret for my LOW T lol?

Spending nearly 12 hours per day in the sun 3-4x per week, CT x2 daily, epi-paleo and drinking tons of cold Canadian water.

I am Canadian, but I look like I'm Cuban with my tan now lol... I expect T levels to rise a little as I pack more carbs in, but right now the ancient pathway dominates, and I feel like a wild animal.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    SlamSlask and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

Right there's some in-it-to-win-it folks!

Inspiring post!

kris90 likes this.
  7. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Thats amazing Kris! I have had an identical protocol to yours and my labs are pretty close as well (im slightly below reference on LH and Free test as of last pull). I have been able to put on muscle and strenght despite my low numbers but Unfortunatly I still suffer from no sex drive. I have not yet tried a HCG or clomid restart because i am still wating on an Endocronologist to write me a script. I still have to jump through a few hoops currently wating on an MRI.

EStein, kris90 and drezy like this.
  8. EStein

EStein New Member

look into the activated form of DHEA - 3-beta-hydroxy-5-alpha-androst-1-en-17-one

look into checking prolactin levels - high levels means your General won't salute the flag. Look into DOSTINEX. Rock hard 24/7 and ejaculate like a fire hose.

Check E levels - might need DIM or ? Not sure.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DHEA - 3-beta-hydroxy-5-alpha-androst-1-en-17-one

Would you mind locating it for me on this chart, please.
    And how to ask for testing it's level?

http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/map/map00140.html

[​IMG]

EStein likes this.
  10. EStein

EStein New Member

it's hiding - the common name is 1-DHEA. What you're taking thinking it's DHEA is actually 5-DHEA. Which is very difficult to break down into the activated form of DHEA. The DHEA you're taking can increase Estrogen & make you less manly. 1-DHEA doesn't convert to Estrogen.

1-andro-metabolism.png

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. kris90

kris90 New Member

Thanks man.

Honestly, with regards to libido, I find it's moreso state of mind. If you can just practice being more mindful and really focus in on your sexual desires, you'll get some crazy responses. It's about shifting your attention and being focused. Right now my life is really busy with my business launching and what not, so with things on my mind, libido would be shot. But I've learned to become more mindful and control my thoughts, and if I focus on my sexual desires, BOOM my body responds. It's one of those things that just takes focus.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

High estrogen really means one of two things: Not enough sun to lower it on skin or your cells are making too much in the conversion because they have not gotten the same light stimulus below. People forgot what the blogs clearly said. Reality #7 laid it out clearly.

It said, "Sunlight increases sulfated Vitamin D3, histamine, and sulfhydryl groups while lowering (photolysis) adrenaline, steroids, testosterone, estrogen, thyroid hormone, DNA, and RNA. Sunlight is capable of inducing biochemical reactions via photolysis and it induces coordinated endocrine adaptation effects in the eye and the skin surfaces. It affects the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems in the brain by way of the central retinal pathways. The varying AM solar light is the key stimulus for the circadian timing mechanism of the body clock via the central retinal pathways. All these effects are built into the electronics of your proteins under solar power and magnetic flux."

People forget that the eye and skin/fat BOTH have melanopsin. That is what allows the deeper cells to make estrogen when the skin is not getting enough UV light to turn off the FLOW of estrogen in pathways lacking information quanta.

It also said clearly:
    He who controls the sun properly can bring blood flow to the choroid surface (RPE) to energize red blood cells and the hemoglobin present in them. This is how phototropism works in the eye. The choroid/RPE/SKIN and FAT mass have many correlates to the phototropism in plant chloroplasts in leaves. The choroid of the eye is primarily a vascular structure supplying the outer retina. The skin has the same construction with most of the arteries just below the surface waiting for the UVA light stimulus to raise the blood vessels to the surface to be irradiated by the sun. Vermont 2017 showed this slide several times and you'll likely see it again this year. The outer portion of the retina is where the photoreceptor melanopsin is loosely covalently bound to retinol. All diurnal mammals have this arrangement. Nocturnal mammals have a very strong covalent bond in their systems to deal with different light stimuli to control their scotopic retina and SKIN/FAT.

Melanopsin/retinol controls the neural signaling along the central retinohypothalamic tract and the skin/fat/brain axis in humans. These tracts connect the retina to the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) which controls the ENTIRE circadian mechanism in the body including the one in the gut via the vagus nerve. It does this because it lowers the firing of the PVN by reducing adrenaline and norepinephrine as mentioned above. People forget these very basic connections are present in each and every one of us. Sunlight is the controlling arm of the gut by way of solar exposure of the eye and skin!!!!! It also controls the center that controls how sex steroid hormones all begin and interact with the pituitary. Why?
    These tracts continue on and make connections between the retina and SCN to the leptin receptor in the hypothalamus directly. The leptin system, in turn, controls all growth and metabolism of the organism, including all the SEX steroid hormones, because this system controls the circadian release of hormones from the pituitary gland using specific light frequency changes present in AM sunlight. It is the AM blue light (1600K) balanced by the low powered red light that has MORE than 42% of AM light because of the ABSENCE of UVA and UVA on a RELATIVE basis.......
    THE TAKE HOME? He who controls the frequency of sunlight via the eye, skin, and subcutaneous fat calls the shots for the anterior pituitary hormones and its effect on human behavior and illness. Sunlight also controls the phototropism in leaves in plants as well as ANIMALS like HUMANS. The universe doesn’t speak with words. It speaks in frequencies and our proteins decipher this Rosetta code to innovate life and it explains why your estrogen is higher. It is time to find your problem in these words because they are buried here. Taking something to lower estrogen is not the answer. Getting more sun in one of these places is the answer.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Then......when the sun is absent and cold takes over the system switches to be controlled on the receptor side.........colder your environment gets the more sensitive it is to hormones at lower levels. Why? Heat favors H+ bonding and cooler temps favor deuteration of the receptor via deuterium uptake at the amide linkages of the amino acids in the receptor.

15. kris90

kris90 New Member

Awesome... Forgot to mention, my Estradiol levels yesterday were at 37 pmol/L (range: 40-160) so it must be all that UV light and cold I'm soaking up.

Sean Waters likes this.
  16. kris90

kris90 New Member

Jack the way I visualize the cold working is that it condenses things, and this releases heat. Water surrounds all proteins, and it has to absorb that heat, which shrinks it to maintain the optimal density. I'm assuming this is how the EZ is built as well when water absorbs the IR heat from our tissues, and because cold (and UV) expands the EZ, it excludes D and favors H+

If you can shrink yourself using cold, then you lower your energy requirements, and thus need to produce less hormone. When we shrink our receptor (decrease mass), less energy (hormone) is required to activate it. When we are condensed in the cold, we are constantly dumping heat back to the environment (uncoupling), because we need less. We are reducing entropy?

SlamSlask likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The universe doesn’t speak with words.
    It speaks in frequencies
    and our proteins decipher this Rosetta code to innovate life

The universe speaks in frequencies

18. Billybats

Billybats New Member

It popped out at me too..

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get diabetes, that will perk up your endocronologist.
    Endos are usually reluctant to help you with low testosterone.
    Waste of time.
    --------
    Do not worry about Kris.
    He is one on 10000.
    --------
    muscle and strenght despite my low numbers
    building muscles lowers testosterone, specially when done indoor
    --------
    (im slightly below reference on LH
    because
    your pituitary does not work as it should ---->primary hypogonadism
    --------
    I have not yet tried a HCG or clomid restart

when you use a word "restart"
    it implies that you have been on steroids or testosterone
    many
    if not most stay there (to live)
    if you want to have a sex you must raise your Total Testosterone to about 700mg/dl or slightly more
    usually helps
    also watch E2(sensitive) so it is lowish but not too low
    if that still not work
    investigate DHT, prolactin

DUTCHtest.com
    covers a lots

---------

HCG
    works two ways
    in few people it is enough to raise TotalTestosterone (responsive testicles)
    in most
    it is used to prevent atrophy of testicles and scrotum (sometimes down to zero), so only cosmetic reason.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You must have missed what the QT series said about entropy.......we use it to organize.

Sean Waters, JanSz and drezy like this.