1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

are your yellow tinted glasses sufficient? a simple test to find out.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Entelechy, May 2, 2012.

1. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

whoa what is this, you want to have as much light as possible during the day for your eyes? so that better clock management at night when the sun goes down.

i have transition glasses. is this bad now and should i get normal glasses??

2. PaleoCarol

PaleoCarol New Member

Hi Danny,

I asked Jack this question at my consult over the weekend.

He said transition lenses don't block out the blue light as well as the fit-over classes I use now. I bought them at amazon for $9.99.

Carol

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I ditched my Transition lenses. Just clear glasses now, and when I'm outside I take them off, or pull them down lower on my nose, so that my eyes get the full effect of the sun. I've noticed that the lenses of my clear glasses also cast a shadow (probably the scratch-resistant coating or whatever.) I've worn Transition lenses since I was a teenager.

4. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Shijin. Please post amazon or similar link to your fashionable ones that are as effective as the uvex.

5. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

6. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I just wanted to add that I recently received a new pair of blue blockers. I wanted to have one set to keep upstairs and one to keep down stairs.

As soon as I put them on at sunset I can feel my eyes begin to relax. If I take them off the strain of the regular light cause pain to my eyes as they start to "tighten" up.

Within a half hour I become drowsy.

If I put them on during the day it makes me drowsy. If I take them off my eyes will start to hurt. I put them back on and leave them on for a couple of hours and then I can take them off without my eyes beginning to hurt. This is during the day time. I need some further hormone testing because of this.

This just my own testing results.

They are $8.25 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-Eyewear-SCT-Orange-Anti-Fog/dp/B000USRG90/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1349403768&sr=8-17&keywords=uvex+safety+goggles

7. diane

diane Gold

I went to a local optical shop, as I really want to get glasses that I can wear during the day. I have been wearing my Oakley sunglasses while sitting at my desk, but I spend a lot of the day in meetings. I do notice a difference the days I can wear my glasses for significant amounts of time. I used to think that it was the air in the office that made me feel like crap during the day (and felt so much better once I left), but now really think it's the light and sitting in front of a computer that does it.

I picked out a pair of glasses, and have asked for blue blocking lenses (no prescription as I wear contacts most of the time). They want to put 25% yellow lenses in as they are trying to tell me that any more is detrimental (which I know better). But even at 50% - is this what I'm looking for? I need glasses that I can wear to work - so want to make sure I'm getting the right ones.

8. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

I wasnt referring to them blocking blue light at night, was referring to them blocking blue light during the day which is something that you dont want. I will take off my glasses during the day since I want the full blast of the sun hitting me.

9. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

diane, look at the post above yours, there is a link to the UVex blue blockers, it is very efficient in blocking practially all the blue light. still nothing is better than having almost no light at all in your home so it wont disrupt your clock cycle. easier said then done ofcourse since our lives dont let us all time.

10. diane

diane Gold

Thanks danny. I do have blue blockers for evening that can go over my glasses and I don't care how they look. I really need something that I can wear during the day at work because I think it's having a big impact. I wear my amber sunglasses when I sit at my desk and no one is around LOL.

11. LinD

LinD New Member

I think I understand..... Diane wants to reduce the artificial light during the day at the office by more than the 25% yellow lenses they are suggesting for the more attractive frames..... Is this a problem to use blue blockers during the day to block artificial light?

I would think you want to get outside as much as possible to see God's light, the sun, if you are using the lenses you describe--of course, we should be doing that anyway...

12. diane

diane Gold

Yes - you got it! :)

I would love to get out during the day. I walk the dogs in the morning, but my day is usually so jam packed with meetings, I don't see daylight from the time arrive to when I leave. Which shortly will be dark when I leave. :)

I definitely notice a difference with my sunglasses on at my desk. I think the blue blockers might make me look crazier lol. But I'm not sure I'm asking for the right lenses - or that 25% yellow is going to do anything at all.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I just received some prescription glasses from Walmart with yellow lenses. The plastic lenses cost $49. They are yellow, not amber or orange. They really seemed to help my eyes while at work, yesterday afternoon. The lady at the counter had difficulty ordering them because she had never sold that lens, so the optician had to help her. There are three shades of yellow, and I chose the darkest. They are still very light, however. The optician said they were shooter's lenses. They also had the choice of a darker, more expensive lens, but I wanted something lighter.

They seriously don't pass the CD Test, but still I like the effect that they have. And they aren't very noticable, until I'm up close to the other person. Today after logging into my computer at work, I immediately remembered them and put them on, to my eye's relief.

I wish I had gotten larger lenses, so less light comes in from the top and bottom, but having the yellow lens right where you are focusing is quite nice. Previously I tried some clip-on Blublocker lenses, but they are so dark I have difficulty seeing some of the smaller print on my computer.

14. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

I see, well let me tell you that I use the blue blockers to block computer light, even in the day time. My eyes are just so tired but once I put the blue blockers, they work. I dont use them when I go outside since you want your eyes see the sun so your clock cycle doesn't get whacked. It seems that artificial light, mainly from computers just messes you up more I guess. It seems to me to get exposure from natural light and block artificial light as much as possible weather that be in the day or night.

Nonchalant, I know about those glasses, for some folks it does work. Others like dont. I needed the full blue blockers.

15. Endless

Endless Guest

Well duh....I have had these Uvex for a couple months now and love them except that they were way too big and kept sliding down my nose. I had no idea they were adjustable! They work better than the BlueBlocker Vipers I ordered, although the vipers look more fashionable. I find the tint on the lens too dark for low lighting.

16. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

I've received a few PM's regarding Zircadium..

Zircadium technology was developed by Bob Casper, MD, a professor of medicine at the University of Toronto and an optometrist, Jonathan Spilkin, OD. The technology was commercialized into eyewear products at the beginning of 2009. They used dichroic filters rather than tinting the glasses to achieve a sharp spectral cut off. Therefore, the glasses looked "normal" (albeit expensive)

www.zircadium.com no longer seems to be active.

Not sure what happened with them, but am following up. If anyone else has inside knowledge, could you share?

Thanks.

17. sootedninjas

sootedninjas New Member

Which Uvex SCT goggles that work for you ?

Maybe a link from Amazon will be very helpful.

TIA

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

19. sootedninjas

sootedninjas New Member

the Dewalt does look very comfy BUT you want the lens of UVEX link your provided. I can dig that.

Will this perform as good as the 1st link you provided ? Are they basically of the same lens or there is some difference ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000USRG90/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Now this one has a darker lens. will it perform the same way as the orange lens ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N3VNHA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

20. sootedninjas

sootedninjas New Member

what is going with the replies. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

anyway....

the Dewalt does look very comfy BUT you want the lens of UVEX link your provided. I can dig that.

Will this perform as good as the 1st link you provided ? Are they basically of the same lens or there is some difference ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000USRG90/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Now this one has a darker lens. will it perform the same way as the orange lens ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N3VNHA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER