1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ARE you menopausal, hitting plateau's, and just making headway? READ THIS OLD BLOG!!

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Thanks Jack. This is a nice reminder. I've been "slipping" recently and using small amounts of artificial sweeteners (splenda). I don't like the taste of stevia, so I just skip using it. I was telling myself that "the dose makes the poison", so tiny amounts of splenda should be ok. Your blog reminded me of why this is not the case, so back on the straight and narrow...

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, the artificial sweetners are something that you can actually won't miss, after a while. I wish I had never been fooled by the false security of diet drinks.

I have purchased stevia, but I find I don't even use that any more. Break free!

4. Joann

Joann New Member

Never used them since I don't like the taste. But all chewing gum has an assortment of artificial sweeteners, even the one with sugar. Stevia doesn't taste good to me and gives me bloat and gas etc

5. janagram

janagram New Member

never would use those artificial sweeteners, but I use stevia when needed. Granddaughter made some awesome homemade lemonade sweetened with stevia!

6. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

Because the blog and all the info contained in the forum as well is so voluminous, I appreciate that you point these things out for review, Dr. Kruse. I am slowly plowing through and digesting again as my brain fog clears.

I wonder also if we also had a female focused part on the forum. I don't mean No Boys Allowed either. Men all have women they love and want to help. I remember Dr. K writing that the women were more thrilled with many of the cosmetic changes that were the result of his protocols and CT. Getting optimal health is important to me but these cosmetic milestones also thrill my little girly girl's heart. I have also noticed that my orgasmic capacity is slowly starting to return to those more intense younger days.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

On the road to optimal you should find your inner young self.......it is buried in you by all the bad circadian mismatches you allowed to destroy your genome.......it is all fixable once you know how.

8. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

Thank you Dr. K. for linking this thread here with this great heading! I had read this so very long ago, when I first found your site, but I hardly understood any of it.

Lately, I've been reviewing your archived blogs and having a lot of "aha" moments.

This one particularly interests me, as I'm a 50 year-old perimenopausal female, AND I had a major concussion from a bike-car accident (3 days unconscious, in hospital, intravenous feeding) as a 12 year-old. (Guess who wasn't wearing a helmet AND rode out in a busy street?)

And, I've been an artificial sweetener junkie for oh, about 35 years.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

perfect storm for cognitive haze there

10. As someone kicking the artificial sweetners that I'd been using since age 18, I see it now!

I started at age 18 on my first Cavemam-designed diet of 1 bag of microwave popcorn, a snickers bar, and all the diet cokes I could pound one summer. No need to tell the subsequent stories of how that ended. 8+ cans a day for over 20 years was the norm until about age 42.

Glad to see these reminders - along with your reminders that we can fix some of these things. That's welcome reading.

11. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

I'm seeing a new OB/GYN this week that I found on PaleoPhysiciansNetwork.

She has a lot on her site about anti-aging and diet, and one thing that struck me particularly (paraphrasing): "Sure, you can lose weight on a diet of Subway sandwiches, Diet Coke, and Skinny Cow Ice cream bars. But if that makes a thinner insomniac with adult acne and low libido, what quality of life is that?"

It scares me to think of the mountain of AS's & MSG I've eaten in my life.

I just received my Canary Club labs and let me tell you, eye opening. Can't wait to see how my visit w/her goes.

12. Lexi

Lexi New Member

what about stevia though.... if i like the taste (KAL brand) should i give it up b/c it is tricking my brain into thinking i had something sweet, making me want more? or is it neutral / OK?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its OK........but I'd drop it too.

14. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

Xylitol gum?