1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Are the mercury Vapour reptile sun lamps safe?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by vangirl, Dec 12, 2015.

1. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Hi Eilee. I was reading some more on that website yesterday afternoon, and it says that most people hyperventilate the most at night, and that the Control Pause is the lowest at that time of day. It goes on to say that that is why it is very common for people to have heart attacks or strokes or even die in the morning..

There is a section on that website about sleeping that I found very interesting. It says that if you lay on your left side or stomach it will ease the hyperventilation, the most. Lying on your back is the worst position for hyperventilation. I have always slept on my back, almost exclusively, so I tried sleeping on my left side last night, and I have to say although it was only the first time I tried it, I did fall asleep faster and I did sleep deeper! In fact I also had a dream which I could recall in the morning, which I never have, except if I use my biotuner. So I think it does have merit. Here is the link to the page if you want to read more: http://www.normalbreathing.com/how-to/how-to-fall-asleep-fast.php.

The website says that Buteyko breathing can cure both hypo and hypertension. It puts the body back into homeostasis. For me it definitely raised my bp, and I am still really speechless about that.... I can't wrap my head around it yet.. lol

I started out holding my breath for a count of 5 until I became comfortable with the exercise. I think this exercise is something you can do if you feel stressed or anxious. But I think the goal is to be able to hold your breathe anywhere between 40-60 seconds. That would create optimal oxygen in your body and you supposedly be at radiant health.
    Regarding me for example, I can only hold my breathe about 13-15 seconds, so in my practice sessions (I think I will be doing at least 1/2 hour) I will hold my breathe as long as I can and then as I practice everyday it should get easier and I will be able to increase my breath- holding (CP) longer and longer. How long it will take to get to
    a CP of 40-60 seconds I have no idea... everybody would be very different going at their own pace.

Another exercise I saw to do, is doing it (the breathing protocol incl. holding your breath) while you are walking. Maybe similar to what lilreddgirl said she had been doing !

Cheers!

2. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

@vangirl Hi :) Have you kept up with the Buteyko exercises? After having that great experience the first day, I tried it the next day while driving and actually felt pretty bad - low energy and depressed which lasted a few hours... I read an article online http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...eat-chronic-fatigue-learning-hold-breath.html

that one can feel like they are getting the flu or feel depressed while readjusting with the exercises and then eventually feel better... I got a little bit worried that I wasn't ready to handle feeling that yet so I stopped practicing but am thinking of starting again...

3. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Hi lilreddgirl :) Yes.. I have still been doing the Buteyko exercises, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.. I am so busy...

It's interesting you wrote me today, because yesterday I had another 'episode' after I went to the hospital with my mom .. I noticed just before that my body, especially my shoulders and neck, started to tighten up ,and then I started to get dizzy and nauseous... ugh.. I was able to hold up until I came home (we live very close) and I started doing the breathing and in 20 minutes.. I felt completely fine, and like nothing had happened... My blood pressure was 102/68 when I came home, but after doing the exercise it was 116/77. It's a Godsend to me...

Um yeah, I also like to do it also, in the car :) :) but it really cannot replace doing it when you are sitting in a quiet place and in a relaxed state. . I was reading somewhere.. I don't remember where... but that it is very important to do the practice sessions in a setting like that, as opposed to the car, especially for us newbies.. So, I could take a guess and say that you might not have been doing it correctly in the car.. but it's hard to know since you shared the link to the Daily Mail! Prior, I would not have known that you could get side effects like the flu etc... so it's hard to know what it was .. For sure, if you didn't feel well I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to do it anymore.. Personally, I have never had it where I have felt bad afterwards.. just feeling better and more energy, especially my brain.. it feels calmer and clearer..

Have you ever heard of Patrick McKeown? I finally found some teaching on it (other than expensive coaching), and I love him! He has a wonderful voice and personality... so calming.. Here is a link to a little talk he was giving:

Another good one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=592&v=n0VJISddYis

I also found out he has a few books too, and was was able to find this one at a local library. It also contains a guided CD.

http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Free-Featuring-Breathing-Mindfulness-ebook/dp/B00AEB99AC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452979396&sr=8-2&keywords=mckeown breathing

Maybe if you are still interested this will help you, too!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    lilreddgirl likes this.
  4. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

That is so great that it's still helping you get up your blood pressure! Yay ! It's awesome to find a resource that you can just rely on...

I've actually been practicing the Wim Hof method... which seems like the opposite way of approaching the problem... but really it's just that I take a big breath in and a smaller out (so I'm probably not expelling all the CO2 created)... and then after doing it I notice my Buteyko control pause is WAY better... in fact after the Wim Hof method you take a pause that usually lasts at least a minute...

But what I notice is after practicing it my breathing is way less and softer the way Buteyko recommends

This is the video I have been following along with starting at 3:00

It gave me a lot of energy today which is different than other days... and it's fast to do and feels more pleasant for me than doing the Buteyko. I'm happy :)

5. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Oh and I'm going to try taping my mouth closed tonight Buteyko style! Let's see what happens...

vangirl likes this.
  6. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Hi lilreddgirl. Thanks for the link, that was very informative! I was very curious to see a demonstration of it, as I watched the Hof documentary last night.( I can't remember who posted it). Very fascinating stuff, especially in light that it is so contradictory to Buteyko ! My little brain doesn't understand it, of course... :) hehehe But it is truly wonderful you found something that resonates with you, and gave you good results! I would love to hear more from you, if you keep it up, maybe start a new thread on the subject. I'm sure many people would be interested, too! I think breathing's potential in regards to health has truly been underrated !

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

For all of you who had fillings removed,are diagnosed mercury toxic or just 150 % cautious an interesting study here. I just made salsa and it occurred to me to check if cilantro does anything for anything.
    (Hold the thought..I know it is not about food)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8914687/

lilreddgirl likes this.
  8. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

I've been concerned about my mercury toxicity due to a number of amalgam fillings I had out from some random dentist a few years ago (relevant journal entry here). I'll soon be getting a mercury toxicity test that uses spectroscopy to confirm.

For now I'm eating a lot of cilantro and avoiding using my reptile lights since they were making me feel unwell and perhaps are a source of mercury resonance. However, since I'm located in northern Canada I'd really like to try to use some kind of artificial UV light for the remainder of the winter. The Sperti Vitamin D lamp seems like a good alternative, but after contacting Sperti they told me:

• Sperti lights contains approximately 10 milligrams of mercury per lamp
    • Phosphors are also used in the manufacturing process
    • No resonant energy is emitted from Sperti appliances
    I'm not sure how a lamp can contain mercury and also not emit resonant energy...

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Breathing is a pH thing that is why Hof does it even though he has no clue how it links to the EZ and UV assimilation via the plasma. Its all in Time 7

lilreddgirl likes this.
  10. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Yes I doubt that there's no resonant energy. I would guess that many people are not educated on this and so would easily say none is emitted without knowing what they are talking about.

However the Sperti would only be used for 5 minutes at a time... vs. other lamps for hours... so not sure if that might make it an ok trade-off for you. Honestly I myself am not educated in mercury resonance to get 'how bad' it would be.

I have been reading a group list on chelation and it seems cilantro use by itself is considered a no-no, I'm thinking possibly because it could mobilize mercury out of storage area tissues and into the bloodstream possibly causing worse effects. (However mobilization at some point is obviously necessary with chelation).

11. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Dr. Kruse what do you think of Buteyko breathing... 'breathing less' to raise CO2 in blood over long term.

12. Rubicon

Thanks for this. I'm going to do more reading and try to get a mercury test asap before I try anything else.

13. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Cool, what test specifically are you going to get done?

This is the group I have read from... https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/frequent-dose-chelation/info

I'm not doing any chelation myself, so I don't know for sure whether cilantro use is good or problematic, just reading the weekly emails of posts at times out of my general interest in health and I noticed a comment of someone bemoaning that they had already done cilantro before knowing it wasn't recommended (probably by a protocol being followed in the group).

14. Rubicon

I've been looking into the Quicksilver Tri Test. Dr K mentioned in this thread that to get an accurate measurement, the test should use spectroscopy.

I'll check out that yahoo group and see what's there. Thanks again :)

lilreddgirl likes this.
  15. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I've been looking at the site for that test and it looks like a really good one! Thanks for sharing!

16. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Does Gadolinium also act like Hg does here because they both have an incomplete D sub-shell? I see that I should not expose blue light to the area injected with gadolinium because it will become photoelectrically charged. But can the area be exposed to a mercury vapor lamp? If not can the face only be exposed to mercury vapor lamp? I ask because I will move south ASAP but until then want to manage rosacea with a reptile lamp. I was not confirmed with any gadolinium deposition disease but I had 2 hip injections of it for MRIs 10 years ago and don’t want to mess around with charging it if there’s any left. My mom has had lifelong kidney issues. I don’t really know how my kidney function is but I just posted labs in my journal if that’s any indication.