1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Are the mercury Vapour reptile sun lamps safe?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by vangirl, Dec 12, 2015.

1. vangirl

vangirl New Member

I'm reading a lot of you are using the reptile sun lamps . Are these not dangerous to health as they are made with mercury ?

Thanks

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Please read the blog comments in Ubi 24. Answer is there. In reply to C. Henry.
    C. Henry complex answer because of how complex light is. I only tell folks to avoid mercury vapor fluorescent bulbs if they have documented mercury toxicity. Hg bulbs are a light source that can act as a sender of resonant energy. Hg in your body can act as the receiver of resonant energy if it is present. This is one of the reasons I am not in favor of amalgam removal. It seems counterintuitive to my core beliefs but let me explain. In its free form, Hg easily vaporizes at room temperatures. It likes to find harbor in fatty tissues like When Hg is charged by current is has a spectral array that give two lines in the violet at 404.66 And 407.79, one in the indigo range at 435.84, one in turquoise at 490.05, one in lemon at 546.08 and two in the yellow range at 576.92 and 579.03. It binds to sulfur enzymes to remove them from use and interferes with ECT directly by lowering energy production. I am not worried about Hg resonance with indoor lights because UV light does not penetrate our surfaces deeply.
    [​IMG]
    But I worry about it a lot in dental reconstructions because most biologic dentists are completely unaware of the risks of resonant light transfer from fluorescent or LED bulbs in their dental lights, offices, or their oral work lamps. If they are going to work on you in this environment, you should request a red lit environment when undergoing removal of amalgams. their offices are built with blue/white LED and fluorescent lights with high color temperatures. This is akin to putting a match to gasoline with respect to Hg. Blue light can penetrate into fat layers where Hg lies, and dentists wear lamps on their heads that have extreme blue spikes at 435 nm with high color temperatures that can photoelectrically energize Hg in your tissues. This risk is much greater with blue artificial light because it penetrates far deeper that UVA light can as the picture above shows. Hg is rarely found in surfaces of the body. there is speculation it maybe in the retina but if true I should be dead considering how much DHA is in my RPE.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Curves, paul hess and Martin like this.
  3. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Very interesting Jack, Thank you for this. I had always thought that most of us have mercury toxicity. Many people still have mercury fillings, and it's in the environment.
    I used to do hair tissue mineral analysis for over 2 years and mercury was something that was tested. Norhing ever came up for me the whole time, as I was told that it could be very deep in the tissues and that it would take years of detoxing to get it to come to the surface.. Much like peeling the layers of an onion skin. But I do know that my nephew had it and he is in his very early 20s. In fact it showed up almost as immediately as he started. The explanation they told was that a young person is much easier
    to detox. They don't have as many years living to have accumulated as much as an older person. Having said that, I did end up buying a repile mercury vapour light just this past Sunday and the weirdest thing happened. I started getting anxiety, rapid beating heart which started AFTER my light exposure. I haven't had this for over 3 years and it was a shock. It usually wears off by evening but yesterday it lasted all night I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing .. I couldnt control it.I never put the two together until today thinking it may be the mercury in the lamp. Tomorrow I am not going to use it and see how it goes. I would really hate it and will be very disappointed that it is the lamp because we have so much rain and darkness now just before Christmas. But anyways, it will be interesting to see if it was that that set me off.. It's been pretty horrible..

4. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Hey, it turns out it wasn't the SunGlo afterall , but my near infrared lights (which i have on on the same time) that was causing the anxiety and heart racing. Infrared i found out lowers blood pressure and I have low blood pressure. Even 5 points lower and it was crashing me. It also makes sense now because I often had accompanied nausea.

Curves and lilreddgirl like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Just read the tech spec on this. Before you buy,it does not detect UVA/B from artificial sources as it cannot "Read" through glass . Natural UV yes.

Curves likes this.
  7. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Jack, that's a cool device. How does my problem connect to needing to measure UVA/B ?

Thanks Lahelada.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you can buy lights and hack them for yourself.........

9. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Yay for you that you figured it out :) , and thank you for mentioning that about the infrared lights. I also have low blood pressure.

vangirl likes this.
  10. Eilee

Eilee New Member

Jack, Can you clarify why one doesn't want mercury amalgams removed? Is that the case even if one has elevated levels of mercury?

vangirl and paul hess like this.
  11. vangirl

vangirl New Member

lilreddgirl, what are you doing for your low blood pressure? Have you found anything to help raise it ? When I am very stressed or overwhelmed I tend to faint and have to lie down vertical. I wonder if this has something to do with the vagus nerve ? The attacks seem to come on almost like a switch.

12. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Vangirl, I don't have much information. My low blood pressure is still in the very low normal range, and doesn't really cause me problems - except on very hot days if I am dehydrated I have fainted as well. Have you tried upping your salt intake? I tend to prefer salty foods and salty seaweeds and this may - just a guess - help.

vangirl likes this.
  13. vangirl

vangirl New Member

lilredgirl, that has happened to me too in the summer. I drink a lot of water & sea salt, yes, because I dehydrate quickly! I crave salty foods. I just found something
    today that described how hyperventilation can cause vagus nerve problems, even chronic fatigue and even many other diseases. I'm going to start trying that. It could help increase blood pressure to normal. It's called Buteyko breathing. http://www.normalbreathing.com/d-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.php

14. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Interesting... did you find a site that has the Buteyko breathing explained? I found this:

http://www.buteykobreathing.org/ButeykoDiary.pdf

I used to do breathing exercises (abdominal breathing and reverse abdominal breathing) regularly a few years ago and those years were the ones where I had my best health... hmmm...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    vangirl likes this.
  15. vangirl

vangirl New Member

That is a great link, lilreddgirl, and I have bookmarked it ! Wow, that is very interesting (and encouraging) indeed, that you were best in health while you were doing breathing exercises! I'm definitely going to be incorporating this into my protocol now !

Here are some YT videos on it. This one on the Control Pause and how this self-test can show you the state of your health. I was not able to hold my breathe past even 20!.
    The 2nd video is an actual demo of doing a 4 min Buteyko breathing exercise.

lilreddgirl likes this.
  16. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Vangirl - I am feeling really excited about this! I just did the second video practice session you posted and can really tell the difference ... it's been about 15 minutes since and I am still affected. My face got warm and flushed, and from my reading online now I am guessing this is NO dilating my capilaries. I have also become relaxed - parasympathetic system was really activated - and even put on my blue blockers on at the computer though it is still daytime... I feel more susceptible to light in this relaxed state (good to practice the breathing while UV basking at my Solar Glo). I'm amazed at how calm and yet clearheaded and energized I feel right now!

The breathing I mentioned practicing I would do while taking walks pretty much daily, in sets of 4 breaths. I didn't work very hard at it, often just a set when remembering to do so. I think I did it everyday for at least month and had become much stronger even after the first week.

Thank you for bringing up the Buteyko, I'm really looking forward to incorporating it. I will let you know how it's going :)

vangirl likes this.
  17. vangirl

vangirl New Member

You know what lilreddgirl ? I also experienced very significant changes to my physiology. In fact it stayed with me all night , and this morning I am continuing the breathing. Short and shallow and holding my breath every so often. I feel so much better, almost like how a normal person should feel! I even took my blood pressure this morning . I usually struggle in the mornings the most. Well, my bp was 111/75! Yesterday at my worst point it was 88/66! So, I am *very* excited... almost hard to believe it, you know?! I had always known that I was a hyperventilator but I never knew it could CAUSE illness. This year I have had so much stress and being constantly on the alert,
    that it was like I was stuck in this mode all the time! I am so happy to share this with someone else, and that you feel the same way?! And yes, please keep me posted.. You can send me a PM, anytime ! :)

lilreddgirl likes this.
  18. Eilee

Eilee New Member

I have low blood pressure as well and had no idea that it was associated with hyperventilation. Can you explain?

Will definitely give these exercises a try.

vangirl likes this.
  19. vangirl

vangirl New Member

Eilee, see this link here and how OVERbreathing affect the vagus nerve, cortisol, circulation and oxygenation !

http://www.normalbreathing.com/d-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.php

Let me know if it helps you! I have already stopped myself from entering into the passing out phase. I am actually aware now of how my breathing changes when I get too stressed or overwhelmed. I try to correct myself right away and it works. I think this will need to become a daily practice to retrain myself to do it automatically. This has become a lifelong habit since a child. I think it might have to do with trauma and just being stuck somehow.

20. Eilee

Eilee New Member

Thanks for all this. I don't have CFS, but am aware that when I wake up in the morning, I am breathing very fast, which greatly concerns me.

It's hard to imagine that these exercises can actually increase Blood pressure, as opposed to lowering it. Will definitely give them a try.

Wondering what might be the most effective? Holding the breath for a count of 5 or holding it as long as one can, as was shown in one of the other videos.