1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Are red led xmas lights good to have around house or too bright?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jenny S, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Aldi has lots of different ones on sale tomorrow (in Oz)

nicld likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Red are great........the rest not so great.

3. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I have been thinking for a while now that you could make some pretty good safe night lights using red LED Christmas lights. I plan to get some cheap night lights that use C7 incandescent bulbs and then switch them out for C7 Red LED Christmas light bulbs.

Thanks for reminding me that it's that time of year when they are likely to be on sale. I will be on the lookout for them! :)

Lahelada likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this should answer that:

[​IMG]

Curves likes this.
  5. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Thanks for that Jack^^^ Took me a while to work out what was in the picture with my orange glasses on.
    Is the bath hot or cold? Hope you're using solar powered lights so you don't get electrocuted!!

6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

see aldi also have some purple ones, better get some of them too

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its has ability to alter the temperature........the water flowing in from ceiling is ice cold and the tub was warm

freesia likes this.
  8. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

wow, pretty impressive!

9. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Got some purple & red - would cuddling up to the red solar ones while sleeping be of any benefit?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

going to check out Aldi now!

11. freesia

freesia Old Member

Ice cold water through the ceiling! Only you would have that as a bathroom feature!! :D

Presumably the water temperature is being progressively lowered??
    Intriguing! And red changes the temp?

caroline likes this.
  12. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I'm really curious about your tub, Jack. I would guess that it must be unique! Vortex effect and Archimedes principle in action!

1. Are there black lights on the ceiling too?
    2. As the cold water fills from the ceiling, does the warmer water slosh over the edges into the outer tub, slowly cooling everything down?
    3. Are the red lights actually in the tub with you? Or is the inner tub made out of some kind of translucent material that the red light shines through?

It's amazing! :thumbsup::D

freesia likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. yep
    2. Warm on top and cold from jets on side
    3. Yes they are.

14. RobH

RobH Gold

super cool. Custom or available somewhere? I think I know the answer to that... Also assume you are taking advantage of Fournier effect?

RobH