1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Are pickles (the regular Vlasic type) and liverwurst Epi-Paleo approved foods?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by furface, Dec 18, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

I make beet kvass, I really like it. Also fermented cabbage juice. Not as tasty...somewhat stinky, actually, but it's supposed to be very healing.

If anyone has Sally Fallon's book 'Nourishing Traditions', it has a lot of great fermented recipes and tonics. It even has a raw liver tonic recipe....haven't been brave enough for that one just yet!

2. furface

furface New Member

I actually had some Bubbie's kosher Dill pickles and liverwurst for lunch today. Great combo!! Very tasty! Nice and fast too!

3. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I'm not big on pickles or relish tut buy my family Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles 330z jar was $ 7.49 and Kosher Dill Relish got a

I was in a "Pickle" Today". I cleaned out the fridge recently (during 9 weeks I did OMAD carnivore) and tossed out two very old jars of Bubbies pickles and relish. My husband missed the relish today and I thought I'd try and research before I ran out to pick some up. Came to research Pickles Jack Kruse and found this thread. I started to get hungry for Pickles.

I also went to Bubbies web site to see what I could learn. Poo,no phone number to call.

So I wrote Bubbies:
    I need to know about the 'spices' in both the Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles and the Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish. I am sensitive to MSG and nightshade foods and spices and my husband cannot handle MSG (aka flavor enhancers like 'Accent' Monosodium glutamate, also known as sodium glutamate and also celery powder, celery seed, celery leaf powder, celery root powder, or celery salt which trigger him to have bouts of Afib (irregular heartbeat) MSG does go by some other names shown at this web site:
    Truth in Labeling https://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html
    I'd like to know exactly what those spices are for these reasons of our health. If they are 'top' secret please just have a manager call me with information and for our assurance. Thank you.

Because I was in the 'dog house' for throwing out the relish I did not wait for a reply and ran out and bought Bubbies Kosher dill pickles in 33 oz glass jar $7.49 and Bubbies Kosher dill relish $6.29 in 16 oz glass jar. By the time I got back home I was hungry for a pickle and ate a small one and it was very hot, spicy and tangy I knew I was toast...when I got back to my computer Bubbies had responded what I already knew.

Bubbies wrote back:
    Hello Martha,
    Thank you very much for writing to Bubbies, we would be delighted to answer your question. Our primary concern here at Bubbies is customer satisfaction while making some of the finest pickled products on the market today.
    I can assure you that Bubbies products are all free of MSG. However, the spice mix in our Kosher Dill Pickles and Kosher Dill Relish does contain crushed red chilies, which is a nightshade.
    In addition to being MSG-free we also use no preservatives and all of our products are gluten, rice, carrot, fennel seed, and celery free and are processed in a gluten-free environment.
    Hopefully, this information will help in your continued enjoyment of our products and make it easier for you to remain a loyal customer.
    We wish you the very best in Food and Health!
    Heather Walea
    Katalina Holding Company, Inc.
    Bubbies Fine Foods, LLC
    P: 805-947-4622 x104

Bubbies Web Site https://bubbies.com/

I will say I love the taste....and the companies fast pleasant response back...now I'll see how my joints respond.
    Nice that they come in glass jars and I also like Bubbies marketing Tag Line Advice....

Eat my pickles.
    Wear clean underwear.
    Marry a doctor.