1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Are leaches - like mosquitoes - attracted to UV light (or something else)?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Katejc, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Katejc

Katejc Silver

Hi Jack,

I've heard you mention before that mosquitoes are attracted to UV light so people with low redox/ releasing too much ELF UV light from their cells are likely to be mosquito magnets. I am one of those people - and of course working hard on my redox - so plan to watch this metric as we go into summer in Australia.

I am also a leach magnet. I wonder if this is due to the same light effect or some other reason?

Aside from UV light release, can there be other blood paramaters that impact our relative attractiveness to mozzies/ leaches?

Thank you,

Kate