1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anything safe to take for headache with leaky gut?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by CarolMorris, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

The problem is actually opposite, taking vitamin d will reduce the need for calcium. Vitamin K tells the calcium where to go (NOT to your heart and blood vessels). You might not need the RDA of calcium if your diet is dialed in. Now if you drink tons of cola or other stuff like that that leaches the calcium from your bones.... you might want to follow the RDA. Mg / calcium ratio is actually more important than total calcium intake. Dairy gives you way too much calcium with too little mg and in the process leaches calcium from your body.

I focus on the best foods I can find and dialing in my diet. Bone broths have calcium. Any fish eaten with bones has tons of calcium. Veggies, especially leafy green ones. I doubt transitional apes ever counted their calcium intake.

2. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

Thanks to all for this thread. I rarely have headaces anymore but had one last night. Simply splashed cold water on face for a couple of minutes, it was feeling so much better but not completely gone so I used an flexible ice pack. I could only stand it for 10 seconds or so at a time on the side of my forehead and cheek bone but it took the ache away almost immediately. I am so amazed. My mom used to use ice packs for her migraines but when I had one I only wanted warm wash cloths. No more warm washcloths for me.

3. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

So, I knew we didn't need a calcium supplement when eating correctly but didn't think about getting small amounts in other supplements as being a problem. For instance I take a multivitamin with Ca, 200 mg, I think. Then when I looked at the ingredients list I decided not to take the multi at all. I say looked because it was so long I didn't want to read it.

Thoughts on taking multivitamins?

4. Joann

Joann New Member

I get that sad diet is full of calcium. they eat a lot of dairy. The only food I see with a good amount of calcium is sardines, anchovies. meat has a lot of phosphorous ?

Guess my concern is having osteo, teeth wearing,ibs, lactose intolerant, aging ......

I take vitamin c, Twinlabs Allergy C, it has 50 mg calcium, 25 mg magnesium to 750 mg C Corn free, made from sago palm. pricey but worth it.