1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anything safe to take for headache with leaky gut?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by CarolMorris, Jul 26, 2012.

1. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Always took ibuprophen which I'm sure contributed to leaky gut. I rarely get a headache anymore, but today I have a doozy.

2. Huck

Huck Silver

Have you tried an ice pack?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

+1 on the ice. It works for everyone. Try putting it on the sides of the neck.

Also krill oil worked wonders for me, when I used to have headaches. Takes about 45 minutes, same as ibuprophen.

Since I've been seeing a chiropractor, as soon as I sense a headache coming on, I "lift" my head, from behind the ears or the back of the head, to stretch the neck a bit. Stops the headache in its tracks for me. Guess mine are blood circulation related.

Good luck!

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

ice :) or my preferred method..... get a bucket, fill with ice and cold water, hold you breath and dunk away. Plug the nose and ears if you dunk that far.

5. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Thanks everyone so much. I'm at work, but as soon as I get out of here I'm heading for the ice. I want to start face dunking anyway.

Wish I could do the krill oil, anaphylactic allergy to shellfish, mollusks and swordfish---I know you all feel really sorry for me.:)

I have shellfish envy!!

6. Eve

Eve New Member

You could try Vitamin C + Quercetin if the headache is from a reaction to a food/supplement. This always helped me until I couldn't find a corn-free vit C (i'm sensitive to corn).

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Corn in vitamin C? Is nothing sacred any more?

I've never thought to check there.

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

400mg of riboflavin for migraines....taken daily as a preventive.... still sourcing that for myself

there's a brand of vitamin c that's called Alive! that's not made from corn.

9. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

That is new to me also. Does it actually say corn on the label or is it hidden in another term for an ingredient?

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

+1. I guess we really have to study each label and not to assume that Vit. C is just that.

I use an ice pack for a headache. It works for me.

11. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

They don't have to declare what the ascorbic acid is made from, so it won't be on the label.

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

tons and tons of supplements have corn in them.... cellulose. or it could be from pine. or any other tree. or plant. and it can change within the same supplement and they don't have to tell you. they just buy whatever happens to be cheapest.

13. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

To help with the food reactions I use Allergy Research/Nutricology powdered Vit C. It helped with food sensitivities for a few years, but my list of foods causing a problem increased. Then i found this forum and bingo...leaky gut...it began to make sense!

Here's the list of ingredients...could there be corn??--ugh!

Buffered Vitamin C Powder contains high-purity ascorbic acid buffered with carbonates of potassium, calcium and magnesium. Buffered C has an acid-alkaline buffering action that can help control the increased acidity often associated with allergic reactions. Developed by Stephen A. Levine, Ph.D.

These nutrients are of the highest quality and purity obtainable, and do not contain preservatives, diluents, or artificial additives.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 teaspoon (4.7 g)

Servings per container 51

Amount per serving:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 2135 mg

Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 405 mg

Magnesium (as Magnesium Carbonate) 215 mg

Potassium (as Potassium Carbonate) 90 mg

Other ingredients: Cellulose.

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Ascorbic acid and cellulose could have come from corn. I wouldn't take this b/c of the calcium.

15. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

ok. I went home and iced my head and neck, especially on the left side. I woke up in the night and had a very sore throat, swelling and very tender like swollen glands down the left side of my neck and left side of back of my neck.

Could this be toxins or anything related to ice or just a coinky dink?? I have had post nasal drip for a couple of months, but no fever or other symptoms. I am rarely sick.

I appreciate your input!

16. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

What does the calcium do?

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

harden your arteries

you don't need calcium if you're eating Kruse style

18. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

oh boy..don't need that added to the list...thx!!

19. Joann

Joann New Member

Where is calcium coming from? I get confused with calcium issue. rda says 1000 mg calcium a day. without dairy I can't figure out where we are getting it from.

then there is the vitamin d and vit k issue.....taking vit d and not getting enough calcium.....wondering if that could cause an issue...

20. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Lots of calcium in meat and seafood...it's essential for cell membrane function and structure...bones too. Many plants have significant calcium, broccoli for instance.