1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone tracking body composition on CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by BenG, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BenG

BenG New Member

Hi all,

Has anyone been tracking their body composition on CT? I was losing about 3lbs a week just doing Leptin reset, but since starting CT, my weight has nearly stalled (losing about .5-1lb a week), but my clothes keep getting loser. I'm figuring I'm either holding water, or increased lean/muscle weight. Anyone noticed similar findings? I just find it hard to swallow that I'm gaining lean weight on only about 1500kcal a day (and I'm full on that) from only 4 weeks of CT.

Thanks.

2. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

Haven't tracked any body composition, but I have lost inches around my stomach (2 to be precise) and have gained 5lbs :/ Happy about the inches lost, and wondering what the gain is?

3. Inger

Inger Silver

I have not lost anything.. I have been doing CT 2,5 weeks now. Only showers as I have no tub.

I swear my breast have gone smaller (and they are already quite small eh) and I have lost fat on my torso, even if I have almost no fat there.. I can see my ribs now. I am waiting to loose the fat on my arms and legs though.. :p

But really, I was sure I had lost some weight, but when I stepped on the scale today - all the same.

Strange ideed. I have been eating really much though, but only the good stuff. I guess around 1500-2000 calories/day LOT of fat and seafoods.

I am 5,4 and 119 pounds, 35 yo.

Inger

4. Yes! I have gained 3-4 pounds in about 3 weeks. I do some baths, some soaks in the pool, and spot CT with ice packs almost every night. I don't feel like I've been doing anything extreme at all, but I have lost body fat for sure. Down to about 28% from 31%. This is welcome as I have gotten to the point where I don't really need to lose weight, but I do need to increase muscle and lose fat. I don't do any cardio. I do a few sets of body weight squats, chinups, and pushups after CT every few nights. I'm pretty impressed. I'm actually seeing more definition and I feel I haven't done that much!!! I'll take it. I'll keep you posted.

5. Cody

Cody New Member

I've gained about 8 pounds, but that was coming off a very calorie restricted diet. My waist has gotten smaller and my muscles have gotten noticeably larger. Good stuff.

6. Kpcst

Kpcst Silver

I am. Had a dexa scan last week. Plan on doing CT 60-90 days then having another.... We shall see.

KP

7. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Yep I am. I get my BF percentage checked every 4-8 weeks. Scvales much the same, but less fat over the boobs, belly and hips, while muscle and strenght is rapidly increasing.