1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone know about ingrowing hairs?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by ashryn, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ashryn

ashryn New Member

I have a history of ingrown hairs... On my lower legs they are not so bad, but on my upper inside thighs they seem to grow very deep, and cause hard painful red lumps (big ones.. The size of a cherry) that either last for a few months if i don't touch them, or leave big purple scars if I try to squeeze them. (I tend not to do this unless I can see something in there trying to get out.)

I have never seen a doctor about them, (though a friend had one the same and did and the doc said to just jeave it alone and it would go away) and so I have no idea if there is a name for this problem. I don' get them all the time, and mostly don't think about it since upper thighs will always be hidden from view... Except, maybe now they won't be so I am wondering what causes it and how to heal it.

Has anyone else had experience with this kind of thing? I am interested to know if it too might be healed by epipaleo and CT.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

not much help here I used to get them in my armpit when I shaved. when I went back to waxing every 3wks -they stopped... same for the bikini zone/upper thighs...

just my N=1.... you might consider seeing a dermatologist if its painful or gets infected regularly... I think there are certain types of cysts that require lancing to avoid infection.

3. caroline

caroline New Member

not much help here either - I used to get them on my lower legs but haven't for a long time.....but not as you describe either....

4. kzimm

kzimm New Member

If they seem almost like boils, painful and taking a long time to heal maybe look into this condition. Hidradentis Suppurativa. I believe it's on the spectrum of AI. This blog has some informative links.
    http://www.primalgirl.com/ If this isn't the case, so sorry for subjecting you.

5. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Hey, thanks colorado.. I have read about that, and since I had eczema, it isn't inconceivable that this is the right name for my condition, (though mine is only mild) I am leaning towards the idea that everything will turn into some kind of autoimmune disease if the cause is not removed.

Since I have changed the things I do, I expect to see this occur less often (or never again!) Has anyone noticed their leg hairs grow straight with paleo and CT and so don't grow inwards any more?

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

I get ingrown hairs on my upper, inside thighs sometimes and have a few small purple scars to prove it. My esthetician tells me it's from waxing and the hair is starting to grow in weaker, or something like that. Not sure how true that is but that was her opinion. I have never had them the size of cherries but they do sometimes get red and a bit painful. If I know it's an ingrown hair I use a lancet ( this is what was recommended to me) to free the hair and then apply melaleuca oil and then I don't get a scar.

7. ashryn

ashryn New Member

What's a lancet?

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Lancets are the little plastic things that attach to the device used to prick your finger when testing your blood sugar. That's what was suggested to me because they're sharp, disposable, etc.