1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone here living in Spain or the Belearics?

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Michael CULLEN, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

If so Could you message me so I can reply with some questions?

I am planning on moving to southern Spain from Northern UK.

CHEERS

Emma Sabin likes this.
  2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

I live in northwest Spain right now, feel free to ask here or pm. But don´t know a lot about southern Spain, probably people living there can help you better. I may move in the future to mediterranean or Canaries, still haven´t decided. Cheers

3. Michael CULLEN

Hi Pablo. Are you okay getting seafood? What about farm shops in Spain? Beef tallow, pork lard etc?

4. Saichi

Saichi New Member

UK doesn't come close to Spain in availability of high quality foods both meat and seafood.

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  5. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Maybe consider Romania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzogovina.

6. Michael CULLEN

Nope. I am moving to Spain. Best climate in Europe by a mile.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

This is true! I was in Mollina for a month (close to Malaga) sometimes ago and their seafood and meat was absolutely awesome. Better than where I live! :) :)

8. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

What do you think about the lockdowns, masks n stuff in Spain?

9. Michael CULLEN

I do not like the Spanish government, just the climate. Masks are for the plebeians. We are being played with this hoax.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  10. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Great seafood, most of it comes from Galicia, next to Asturias (my region). Some of it is expensive, but mussels, mackerel and sardines are cheap. Good olive oil and probably cheaper than elsewhere. Butter I generally buy kerrigold from ireland but I think the one made here is decent. Good iberico lard I´m eating too. Yeah masks are mandatory in most places which sucks. Funny enough when I´m in city I go everywhere by bike cause there is no mask needed then lol. Actually I´m going to take it right now to see sunset in park. Take care guys

11. Michael CULLEN

Hi Pablo, what was your last winter like?

12. Pablo

Pablo New Member

hMmm... it was not perfect cause last november and december there was a ton of rain = river was flooded and couldn´t CT there for 3 months or so, and not too much outdoors that time. There is a big difference in weather in different areas of Spain, though, it depends a lot.

This winter I expect much better health/energy levels. I wanna do much more CT, I just ordered a small light panel, exercise outdoors shirtless, etc. I just think it is difficult to feel awesome in winter in my latitude without damm good CT (and sauna and other stuff). All my life I felt awesome in summer and kindda lethargic/sad by end of winter and especially spring. Now I know why.

I guess it´s so much n=1, it depends on your mitochondria. I need to test mine, I guess I´m mixed/mediterranean type. To be honest I´ve been hesitant to do a 23andme cause I read they sell your genetic data and it sounds kindda dark stuff lol. I don´t know

13. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hey, just catching up on this thread. I live in Ibiza and have done for 4 years after finding Jack and realising I needed light! The light is Ibiza is amazing, on all levels (artists come here specifically to capture it). There is a great 'health' side to the island although veganism is high rated still, but things are changing. And grass-fed meat is hard to find. Northern Spain is the best place for that apparently. I love the climate but the police, tax system and left over Franco feel is not so good. But I am surrounded by like minded souls that provide the community I need. However I would love to have some Jack peeps over here. Oh an I have a CT group that runs throughout the winter (basically swimming in the sea, which is a great way to meet people. The winters are amazing, big bright blue skies, cold sea and no tourists!

Humidity is high here though so lots of damp in houses and its an expensive island. But it definitely has a magic to it.

Let me know if I can help you in way :)

14. Michael CULLEN

Nice
    coincidentally I had a dream about going to Ibiza last night! I was last there 20 years ago, at age 16 for a week's holiday.

How about ordering stuff? Can you get tallow, ghee, lard etc? Ordering from Spain easy one would presume? No farm shope hey?

15. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thats strange. Yes Ibiza has two sides, yin and yang, dark and light, like most places but its really obvious here. We have lots of ravers and hippies but mostly people that just want a life where they can be themselves. Although right now that is harder.

Regarding getting stuff, its not that easy. I used to bring a lot over from the Uk before Brexit screwed that! I make my own ghee and source what they say is grassfed meat, but who knows... Lots of farm shops but not much grass here! I think Northern Spain is best so I try and find places that source it from there.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Emma! so nice to hear from you!!!

Please tell us more .....how are you doing? how are your eyes?

17. Pablo

Pablo New Member

You mean in Spain in general or just in Ibiza? I don´t get that feeling at all in Asturias (north west Spain) where I live. Taxes are gonna go through the freaking roof, though, agree there.

18. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hello Caroline! Sorry I don't log on here regularly! My eyes are wonderful! I forget I wore glasses! Ibiza is a great place for a lockdown too. Despite the Spanish system..

How are you? xx

19. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hey Pablo. Ibiza is super expensive and taxes are high here. Even over the sea in to mainland I know its much cheaper. Not sure if I'm here forever....

Michael CULLEN and Matt Fowler like this.
  20. Seville, Menorca or Crete would be good European options in my opinion. The South east coast of Crete gets insanely hot at times.