1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone had success in curing SIBO?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Haley, May 14, 2015.

1. Haley

Haley New Member

There are a few forums as well as Jack's latest blog post mentioning SIBO, but I would love to hear from those who have dealt with it. I have been trying to fix my digestive issues for over 5 years and the more foods I eliminate, the worse I get. Since starting the leptinrx//epi-paleo diet and modifying lifestyle factors 5 months ago, my symptoms improved dramatically and I have been able to loose a little weight. But like with every protocol I have tried in the past...it stops working (symptomatically, anyway). My diet is narrowed down to a handful of foods: seafood, seaweed, leafy greens, avocado, coconut (butter & oil). So based off my experience and the knowledge on this site ("A circadian mismatch in the proper functioning of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) and SCN, is the real cause behind much of the gut illness humans face today") I know diet is not the solution. I am doing the best I can with time spent in the sun, limiting EMF and sleep is great...10pm-6am solid.

So, beyond just hearing from those who have experience with SIBO, I am looking for direction as to what my next step is., even if its just treating the symptoms in the meantime. I would like to go to some kind of professional who could run labs. Which labs should I have run? A SIBO breath test? I'd be willing to take antibiotics if it will help eliminate these symptoms. I can't take the constant, chronic bloating any longer. That is the worst thing I suffer from. Bloating and fatigue.

thanks all

seanb4 likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to get rid of bad light and add a ton of DHA and water to match your previous environmental exposure to bad light that got you SIBO.

Having SIBO is a blessing in a disguise. It is a small problem that might lead to a cancerous one years from now if not addressed.
    When you are sick and tired of being sick and tired it becomes the ideal time to take matters into your own hands and learn why you are ill instead of entrusting people to get you well. Ubi 12 begins this for SIBO, GERD, and IBS. All are tied to light and nitrogen issues that cause a pseudohypoxia. It is an environmental issue altering your flora. They are looking inside of you for a defect when the real answer is likely outside of you in your environment causing it. This ubiquination series on my blog tells you that. It is about time you take the time to read it. Here is my TRUTH BOMB from ubiquitination 3 blog post: I now live by a new personal rule for the last decade: No human being itself should be considered impaired innately, instead there are environmental short comings that cause the impairment. Thus, it is incumbent on the on the clinician to recommend treatment of the environment their patient is in. People react to an inferior environment, way before their genome is altered. That is what the science of epigenetics is telegraphing us, but the modern paradigm is not listening.

The best leaders inspire greatness in others through their words and actions. Trailblazers take people as far as they will go, not as far as they would like them to go. Trailblazer’s have the ability to unlock the potential talent within people to improve them all. Energy correctly applied can accomplish anything, in my opinion.

Any one who believes in genetic determinism, the most common modern paradigm, in my opinion, also believes in unicorns, the tooth fairy, and bigfoot. The genome is an ‘organ of the cell’, nor its dictator. This is a very controversial point today, but this series will make my case for my new beliefs.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yew, one of our members did.

Here is his words, "As usual, the answer is: We got no clue as to whether seasonal carbs are good for a particular individual o_O. Self experimentation is needed.

The general rule is that your gut needs lots of protons with no oxygen. If those conditions hold, then carbs will likely not upset the light balance in the gut to lead to dysbiosis.

Personally, when I was living in Melbourne and experiencing lots of gut issues, there was no such thing as a good time to eat carbs. Gut issues always followed after, though there were some periods when carbs were eaten and I didn't experience issues => tells you that there are other much more important factors at play in my case.

----

A high fat metabolism actually decreases charge on the inner mitochondrial membrane, while increasing the amount of ATP being produced, and hence increasing the potential for hydrophilic water-protein interactions to build EZ water. EZ water can carry more charge.

We need to make this distinction because carb metabolism at Complex 1 will increase charge over the inner mitochondrial membrane, creating high-powered electrons, some of which will leak to generate Reactive Oxygen Species. This is in conjunction with less ATP to unfold proteins and expose water binding sites.

So when are carbs useful? When your body already has enough capacity to make EZ water through other means (like sunlight), and where signalling between components is the limiting factor to health (ROS are signalling molecules). I do not know how to measure if this is the case.

----

The cautious person would stick to ketosis when stuck in a bad environment o_O

----

The only way to partially circumvent a bad environment seems to be direct charging of the mammalian battery using Red light (650nm and 850nm) and UV light (not yet user of the wavelengths). I do not know how to do this yet, though I'll probably begin with some experimentation in the coming weeks.

----

Finally, everything I said in this post in the Ubitquitination #12 thread applies too -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...-ubiquitination-12-is-live.14378/#post-163568"

Read his journal..........its an eye opener for SIBO

rlee314 and seanb4 like this.
  4. Penny

Penny New Member

Hey doc - I just wanted to thank you for releasing ub 12 - frankly, this whole ub series seems to be channeling me... :) It explains so much - it took like 3 times to fathom ub 12, then I went back and reread ub 11 and 10 - you are awesome:)
    And we are in trouble...

5. Penny

Penny New Member

Curious about a comment you made in ub 11 about Lyme - the light makes it come out of the tidy spot the immune system puts it in - curious if the blue light/EMF causes it to change form or lose its cell wall and that's why it's such a bitch to get ride of - also curious about the part in ub 12 where you chat about peroxinitrite inhibiting MnSOD - how would that affect a bug like Lyme/h pylori that uses manganese in their biofilms? It seems to me it would be a happy camper...

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I got a lot more in this series with a lot more awesome sauce

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

http://caloriesproper.com/artificial-light-regulates-fat-mass-no-bueno/

• Light controls everything that is made of atoms.............Each foot higher we are in altitude means a clock in your SCN has to run four hundred-quadrillions faster per second to keep up. The take away is that your head ages faster than your feet do naturally.....so the taller you are the more your SCN clock is off and that height difference is what leads to a shorter longevity. To keep up the retina has more DHA than the brain to drive the DC electric current to make this occur.
    • so altitude is a huge issue.......no one filters in to their wellness Rx. Light at altitude affects atoms in DHA. No one sees it but they will soon............

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light bends under the force of gravity............and blue light bends most.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And people with Lyme..........have a big issue with Rayleigh Benard convection..........stay tuned.

10. Inger

Inger Silver

The Japanese must do something right as they often sleep on the floor on a mat and then they traditionally sit on the floor a lot, I think?
    I feel better sitting on the floor too instead of chairs.. I really do not like chairs at all.... and when on my computer I usually lie down on the floor too

we have a weird culture. Stupid chairs...lol so uncomfortable too!

11. Haley

Haley New Member

Whew. I will re-read Ubi 12 and your response, Jack. It's just a bit trying when you guys use such scientific heavy vocab. I get it, intuitively, I do. It's been my God given intuition which has brought me this far. I just want to get it all! :) (One downfall of the human race). Truly my lack of obsession has brought me to great heights. I am now back at a point of asking for advice as it seems i do this cyclically.

Bottom line....spend any moment I'm not at work, outside and away from technology, yea? even if it means sitting in the cold?
    gah, makes me sad its so hard for us to do what should be natural to us. "wah...but its cold/cloudy/rainy".
    Here i am on my day off in a coffee shop, on my computer, avoiding the grey skies.

I love reading Yew's journal as his symptoms resonate with my experiences. He has helped me a great deal.
    I am not too concerned with carbs as I am not eating over 50g (including fiber) per day of them and really don't crave any more than that.
    I may be eating too much volume though, when I eat spring mix and kale.
    I actually came across this blog post analyzing the positive & negative effects of a ketogenic diet: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2015/05/adverse-reactions-to-ketogenic-diets-caution-advised.html

I have my momentary worries when I read things like this, but this time trying ketosis with seafood at the start of winter, I haven't experienced the negative effects I did previously when trying ketosis. And even though its summer now, I don't think I will increase my carbs. Mybe a little more kale when I feel like it. But I have too much damage to work on.

Inger-I so agree with you! I actually slept on the floor a few years ago when I was 20 for one whole year because it just seemed more natural to me. I enjoyed it. Slept great. There's something about sitting on the floor that is raw, organic and inviting. I always dreamed of finding a church (in america) where there weren't chairs facing a stage but rather people sitting on the floor. just seems more authentic & centered!

12. nicld

nicld Gold

I sit on the floor at home too. Sitting at work is driving me nuts and hoping that boss lady will approve my standing desk that I sent her otherwise I think I will buy it myself.
    we have a weird culture

13. Penny

Penny New Member

14. Penny

Penny New Member

So tall people like me need way more DHA? Or should I hang out on the floor more... actually, I love hanging out on a floor mat instead of the bed - I wonder if tall people have more eye problems - it probably depends on environment though and seafood and water... and maybe some zinc...

On another note, I found this youtube video with a nice short video depicting oil in a petri dish with a thermal camera - when they take out oil with a dropperl, the "cells" get smaller - I have no idea what that would have to do with Lyme - or anything actually - will read ub 12 - again and maybe I missed something...

15. Penny

Penny New Member

try a Budhist temple - they usually have meditations on the floor -

16. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Woo haz da Lulz :p:rolleyes:o_O;):cool::D

- http://itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2015/05/ketosis-related-multisystemic-organ.html
    - http://itsthewooo.blogspot.com/2015/05/ketoadaption-myths-and-fact-nadnadh.html

First post is a direct critique of the PaleoMom's personal context and recommendations. Second is what really goes on.

The most important thing about ketosis is as woo! mentioned, is the NAD+/NADH ratio. This has been discussed very much on Jack's blog as well.

----

Being in ketosis is not good or bad per se, and neither is eating carbs. The key point is how to match external inputs (diet) to the environment to produce the correct signalling in the body.

Good signalling is best achieved when you have lots of NAD+ (Sinclair 2013 -- http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867413015213).

NAD+ works because of the nicotiamide ring, which contains a hexagonal pyrimidine group (containing Nitrogen), which helps with light transport (specifically of UV light, likely between 270nm and 380nm). Lulz, we're back to Nitrogen and light :cool:

rlee314 and freesia like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

"NAD+ works because of the nicotiamide ring, which contains a hexagonal pyrimidine group (containing Nitrogen), which helps with light transport (specifically of UV light, likely between 270nm and 380nm). Lulz, we're back to Nitrogen and light :cool:"

Stay tuned...............cause we just warming up..........

freesia likes this.
  18. nicld

nicld Gold

19. Haley

Haley New Member

Thanks Yew for posting those links to Woo's blog-havent read it before. I learned a lot from both of those posts. She talks about eating enough calories and the benefits of starving. I assume she means even while eating ample calories (from predominately fat) the body remains in a starved-like state? Or the length of time between each meal?
    It's interesting to me right now as I am eating the most reasonable amount of calories since I was 15. Since that age I never went over 1300 or seemed to be eating 4000 everyday during the binging seasons. Since starting the leptin rx and walking 10-20 thousand steps a day i eat 1500-2000 a day. The thought of that would have terrified me before. I still would like to loose weight and be healthier in many areas but it is truly remarkable to see an eating disorder damaged body rework itself.

Last night I had a couple glasses of wine and ended up eating cheese, chocolate and nuts (all of which i DO NOT eat with autoimmune reactions being the reason)...I actually almost ate around 3000 calories for the whole day. Thought about freaking out and hating myself all day. Then I woke up this morning and my previous bloating was gone, constipation relieved and I haven't had any immunity responses (yet). So very interesting.....

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Woo needs to realize the fat she talks about needs to be a lot more DHA. Her psych issues would subside but she is unaware of her own biases.

seanb4 likes this.