1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

anyone hack my labs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Joann, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Joann

Joann New Member

Well, I'm disappointed in my cholesterol numbers. Its the same after losing

17 lbs. and I am not sure what Osteocalcin means good or bad?

from LEF Ref range

Glucose, serum 85 mg/dl 65-99

Uric acid, serum 5.1mg/dl 2.5-7.1

BUN 11 mg/dl 8-27

Creatinine, serum 0.66 mg/dl .57-1.00

eGFR non african 92 mL/min/1.73 .59

eGFR 106 mL/min1.73 .59

BUN/creatinine ratio 17 11-26

sodium 141 mmol/L 134-144

Potassium 4.4 mmol/L 3.5-5.2

chloride 104 mmol/L 97-108

calcium 9.5 mg/dl 8.6-10.2

phosphorus 3.9 mg/dl 2.5-4.5

protein, total 6.7 g/dl 6.0-8.5

albumin 3.9 g/dl 3.6-4.8

globulin 2.8 g/dl 1.5-4.5

A/G ratio 1.4 1.1-2.5

bilirubin, total 0.4 mg/dl 0.0-1.2

alkaline phosphatase 131 IU/L 25-165

LDH 184 IU/L 0-214

AST (SGOT) 27 IU/L 0-40

ALT (SGPT) 21 IU/L 0-40

GGT 34 IU/L 0-60

iron 131 ug/dl 35-155

cholesterol 269 mg/dl 100-199

triglycerides 143 mg/dl 0-149

HDL 49 mg/dl .39

LDL cholesterol calculated 191 mg/dl 0-99

T.chol/hdl ratio 5.5 0-4.4

estimated chd risk 1.5 0-1

homocyst(e)ine 9.3 umol/L 0-15

C RP cardiac 8.31 mg/L 0-3

DHEA-S 229.7 ug/dl 9.4-246

estradiol 15.4 pg/ml

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

From wikipedia: Osteocalcin is secreted solely by osteoblasts and thought to play a role in the body's metabolic regulation and is pro-osteoblastic, or bone-building, by nature.[3] It is also implicated in bone mineralization and calcium ion homeostasis. Osteocalcin acts as a hormone in the body, causing beta cells in the pancreas to release more insulin, and at the same time directing fat cells to release the hormone adiponectin, which increases sensitivity to insulin.[3]

Your iron looks high, you have a leaky gut (cholesterol numbers) and OMG...do something about your vitamin D level fast. I'll let others with more experience talk about thyroid function.

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

As Kathylu said, your cholesterol is bad due to your low hdl and trigs. Those numbers should be reversed. Probably pregnenolone steal going on. Your trigs are that of a carb eating person from what I know. Your D is extremely low - take D3 10000 plus K2 with a mk4 subfraction and A. They all work synergistically. Read Dr. K's blog on supplements. Your FT3 is too low. Looks like your testosterone is high for a female but don't quote me on that one. Was your CRP a highly sensitive one? It is very high too. You have a lot of inflammation going on. I don't see an RT3; did you get one? I am betting it is high too. You are probably not converting T4 to T3 but to RT3 instead. I would think you don't have an amazing amount of energy either.

Are you doing CT? Eating a lot of coconut oil? Upping your 03's and laying off the 06's? Staying off of carbs? Following the circadian rhythm and getting good sleep? These things will go along way to help you with those numbers. It doesn't happen overnight but it does happen. Good luck on your journey Joann.

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Vitamin D real low, your cholesterol might be high b/c of your weight loss yet I wouldn't like the combination of high LDL, low HDL, high triglycerides and real high hs CRP.... that doesn't sound like a good combination. Yes to leaky gut.

Osteocalcin is a measure to assess bone formation status..... haven't found any ranges for that except for "in the teens". I'm pretty sure this one depends on your history and whether you have osteoporosis or are at danger of it. I think K2 gets it higher for more bone building.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

good advice here... one question where in your cycle were you when you tested...that can help us take a better look at your sex hormones...

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I was assuming post-menopausal due to ranges provided?

7. Joann

Joann New Member

Thank you all for being so responsive.

forgot to say something about me.........

Female, 66

post meno

osteoporosis

use biest...very small dose can't tolerate high dose

5'3'' 128 lbs

did dukan diet in feb which is protein, low carb ( veg) low fat then found Dr Kruse in

April. eat meat fish veg no wheat.

am waiting for Cortisol saliva test results, and 03/06 test. 23 and me.

also currently taking antibiotics trying to save a root canal tooth

My T has been high for about 8 yrs....

dhea is up from 190 now 229

8. Joann

Joann New Member

Shijin I looked at your labs, has doc said anything about high T and dhea???

my gyn checks my t since I complain about hair in the wrong places. was that

correct your dhea is 1000?

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The High DHEA is a result of supplementing. I think Dzugan wanted to get not my pregnenolone & DHEA up so we could start to address pregnelone steal. T might also be high from CT as well. I have PCOS so I've always had high T along w/estrogen dominance.

10. Joann

Joann New Member

I see, shijin.

anyone knowledgeable about Osteocalcin?

the ranges differ for post meno and pre meno on lab report. wondering why that would be. its higher for post meno.....upper range is 30 for pre. 47 for post meno

11. Joann

Joann New Member

bump

Why would lab range be higher for post meno than for pre meno

on Osteocalcin?

12. Owl

Owl New Member

13. Joann

Joann New Member

14. Owl

Owl New Member

Yes, they expect older people to lose more bone, hence the higher limit.

Same Mayo article: "Osteocalcin levels are increased in metabolic bone diseases with increased bone or osteoid formation including osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, hyperparathyroidism, renal osteodystrophy, thyrotoxicosis, and in individuals with fractures, acromegaly, and bone metastasis."

15. Joann

Joann New Member

My cortisol just came in

am 7.5 ref range 3.7-9.5

pm 1.1 ref range 0.4-1.0

zrt saliva test

looks normal to me

16. Joann

Joann New Member

Anyone know about Alkaline Phosphatase?

Just had a blood test from gyn which was over range. 33-130 mine is 137 from Quest labs

Previous test in June was 131 but range was 25-165 from Labcorp

doc had me come in for abnormal test....freaked me out. but then said to redo in 3 months ????. thinking it something with liver. wondering if antibiotics could have something to do with Alkaline Phosphatase....2 months ago.

Thanks from a nervous wreck

17. Jude

Jude Gold

Don't hold me to it but think if its high could indicate Hashi's.

18. melrito

melrito Gold

PM saliva should be bottom of the range, yours is over the range. AM should be top of the range, so 7.5 is OK, but not optimal.

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

20. Joann

Joann New Member

Soul, Thanks for that. wondering if anti's damaged liver. ugh I did have weird side effects.

constipation, then odd looking stool. (clindamycin) strange taste in back of throat for a month. dentist told me to see a doc. spinning my wheels