1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone else craving seasonal fall carbs?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by fitness@home, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 5 AM. Still trying to reverse the biohack. Sleep is hit and miss.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Sounds like a good nights sleep - that is about my sleeping hours every night too :)

3. nicld

nicld Gold

Sleep was a bit of a miss last night for me too. Was still a bit too cold from CT.

4. Craving shrimp, salmon, beer, as always. Bleh! Sleep has been hit or miss since last week's full moon and eclipse. Bad up to the full moon, excellent from Wednesday through Friday, and then bad last night again. We've had big storms moving through, too. But on the bright side the temps are now in the 40s and it's supposed to freeze in the valley below me tonight, and there is snow on the mountains. Springwater CTing is getting closer and closer.

Shijin13 likes this.
  5. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^Just had shrimp curry today, yum, yum. I still have some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from my garden and I just cannot bring myself to eat them, just not appealing so in the compost pile they go. But tonight will be pork chops with a cranberry red wine sauce and roasted butternut squash.

Shijin13 and caroline like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

How much sleep would be normal for you? a good nite? with no distractions .....

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8 hrs but the quality is the key.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

soooooo ...lots of oxy - and then 8 hours? But - how do you catch up when you have been on call???? That must take days to sort out?

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

i dont.........that is why I do extraordinary things compared to most to mitigate my risks

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

While traveling yesterday, I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some sort of snack. I became frustrated when I realized that nothing in this small-town store would suffice. No veggies/fruit/dairy/processed meats. The nuts were all cooked with oil. The tiny selection of dark chocolate was not very dark. No raw salami. Even the seafood was uninspiring. I walked around a while, until it dawned on me that it was a waste of time.

What I needed, actually, was direct energy, not indirect. I needed grounding and sunshine (it was cloudy). And I had been away from a Magnetico bed for several nights. I bought a bottle of water and stood barefoot on the concrete parking lot for a while.

fitness@home and caroline like this.
  11. I feel the same way nonchalant. Even the Farmer's market leaves me uninspired. Being in the mountains I leave wishing for so much more. I discovered, though, that my office is an old building built on a pure concrete foundation. No plastic or anything else between my floor and the earth. I've stopped sitting, and I've been standing barefoot while working now for nearly 2 months (desk job with awesome standing desk). In these past couple months I've noticed some pretty significant changes to my body just from standing barefoot and not sitting. It could only be made more perfect by moving my workspace outside to the canyon.

Shijin13 and caroline like this.
  12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Sally, We were traveling to/from Dallas on Saturday+Sunday. Too much time in a car! Didn't help that it rained during both commutes. That meant two stops at the Buc-ees Travel Center on I-45. At least there were plenty of good (although not optimal) choices for a snack like veggies, raw nuts, & jerky . Unfortunately, the only seafood I saw was tuna salad.
    Was craving sunshine and that "connection" by the time we got home. Did some bathtub CT with an hour after getting home.
    Back to original subject matter of this thread - - since I indulged in the squash, etc. last week the cravings are now nearly gone. Off to make a BPC coffee now.

caroline and nicld like this.
  13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yesterday I spent 2hrs mowing the lawn barefoot! (DH went over the grass with the tractor for the first pass, and I followed up to get what he missed b/c the grass was SO LONG!)
    the gras was a bit wet too. maximum grounding occurred yesterday. I followed that up with a 12min HIIT workout, then a 45 min CT!

It was awesome!

I wasn't all that hungry for dinner...

now that the light is changing, I'm going to be making an extra effort to walk mid day when I'm at the office... just to get outside and absorb what little light we've got. I'll also eat outside and ground while I do it...

Chrysanthemama and nicld like this.
  14. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^^That was brave to mow barefoot. We have too many acorns that I would pulverize the feet if I tried that. But, I did mow in my leather slippers.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I only had to be careful to avoid dog/coyote poop. we don't have too many acorns. mostly evergreens and deciduous trees that don't drop acorns

nicld likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and hopeful the last owners did not use pesticide on the grass!!!

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

considering the weeds nope... they were former military. they refused to pay for lawn service or trash service. they said it was a waste of $$$ let nature do its thing....

remember these are the people who bought a 54' yacht to sail around the gulf

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is something on the Vitamin D issue:New podcast is out.......you think you understand mitochondria and how food relates to it?ow.ly/CFF1O

Shijin13 likes this.
  19. nicld

nicld Gold

Tootsie rolls :cool: Love it when I find HUGE ones in our yard especially since we have a small dog......grrrr neighbors.