1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone else craving seasonal fall carbs?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by fitness@home, Oct 7, 2014.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

For the past couple weeks I've been craving seasonal fall carbs like pumpkin, all kinds of squash, radishes (love them roasted), potatoes, and even apples. It's just odd because you'd think summer carbs would have tempted me more - and they didn't.

Going to eat a some of these things ^^ to get the cravings appeased. Spaghetti squash in my lunch today.

Began increasing my fat consumption this morning. That should help...

2. Marie

Marie New Member

Yes, the last two weeks have been crazy.
    I'm also "falling asleep" at 8:30pm, which started the last week in Sept. It was really dramatic.
    Interesting to feel the seasons so sharply.

nicld likes this.
  3. nicld

nicld Gold

I am having that a little bit too. I am having a small apple from our tree today and had a little acorn squash from the garden the other night. I did not get many squash this year but should be enough to have a little bit here and there. I do give my oldest daughter some of the spaghetti squash that I grow since surprisingly that is something that she loves.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Its the last seasonal circadian signaling

fitness@home likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not me........i have had my fill of paleo carbs for 9 months.

Danco3636 and Shijin13 like this.
  6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Uh oh, Jack is tired of being safe...

JoeBranca and Shijin13 like this.
  7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Damn those Safe Starches....

nicld likes this.
  8. Hope

Hope Gold

I have craved sweet potatoes. But above all I crave fresh air in the mountains. Thankfully I get to indulge a lot lately. But I would love to stay long term.

9. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Strangely for me it is October and I am not having any of my usual cravings. Sweet potatoes haven't even shown up on the radar...feels kind of like my body has figured something out that brain does not quite understand. I'm fine with it though...seems like good stuff is going on.

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. Jude

Jude Gold

Being spring down here I couldn't resist the last of my mandarines.
    Decided to see what would happen if I ignored the eating in between meals protocol.
    Had 3-4 small mandarins each day after 4pm while outside doing lots of grounding kind of outdoor work...for about 2 weeks.
    I have noticed a gradual appetite for carbs develop....and with some bad inclusions of chocolate .........have disturbed my sleep patterns:eek: a first since 2011
    Going back onto the bandwagon:)

cantweight, caroline and fitness@home like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

for me it is apples .... once I start eating apples I am sunk ....

Linz and nicld like this.
  12. nicld

nicld Gold

Caroline, I have been liking the apples too. Maybe is because my apple tree produced only 10 this year and they taste so good and where I live we grow some really really good apples.

This weekend I need to get my pumpkins cooked and I feel a batch of Jack's pumpkin soup may be getting made soon :) My youngest DD loves it too.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Christi
    I've had this experience too. what's been interesting is watching Havoc turn his nose up at sweet potatoes. Chaos isn't quite there... but they're both asking for seafood and "fat bombs"

today they asked for shrimp dippers for lunch... um OK

nicld and cantweight like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this thread is going to love the 2014 October webinar.......i mention it in the webinar.

Shijin13 likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

all I want is shrimp now ..... and apples ..... and raw meat. Can't eat anything cooked.

16. nicld

nicld Gold

For me it is salmon.....hmmm I wonder why :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Mihaly Safran

Mihaly Safran New Member

Here in Hungary there is a lot of grapes, apples, pumpkin, walnuts, almonds in september-october. I'm craving and eating them but the majority of my food is animal fat and seefood.

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Well... I do not crave carbs at all..... I do have some raspberries here and there... or some cucumber..maybe 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey in my food and some bee pollen... I do eat loads of Hazelnuts! o_O
    that's my carbs. I have zero interest in fruit or tubers

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

current blog should illuminate why you might have these problems.

Shijin13 likes this.
  20. Inger

Inger Silver

I am thinking Jack has not slept all night.......o_O

I love the new blog too..........