1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anyone bodybuilding?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Butters, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I lift and maintain good muscle tone and build using Jack's models and Quilt. Right now I am doing a hack so taking over 4 weeks off lifting and most fitness activity. I am still maintaining my leanness and muscle tone.... Must be the morning CT shivering that keeps me looking like I workout daily.... We will see as things change for me in 3-4 weeks.

2. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

A few things of note.... Last week I did a medical exam/ surgery
    Resting heart rate 42-45 - kept setting off the alarm on the machine.
    Blood pressure was normal to low....
    They took my temperature and thought the machine was broken, they got another and just figured mine was on the low side. I had CT'ed a few hours before going there but felt warm.
    They started an IV and asked if I had been dehydrated. Nope I was around a 20 hour fast but had some water in the AM (I wasn't suppose to). My blood looked dark red and they said normally it is a bit clearer on people. I just said "I had rich blood".
    After a 3-4 hour surgery and when the anesthesia wore off I had two things to say....... "Are we done?" They said "Yes". I then sad "Time for some salmon! Yep went home had some salmon and then a cool soak....
    I opt out of any pain meds and antibiotics.... Just wasn't needed.

Just sharing and experience. - Can't wait to get back to lifting.....

3. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

I might be confused on what's defined as bodybuilding... My understanding is its a specific concentration on building muscle mass for an ideal physique that would do well in competition? Different than movement literacy, or even strength training per se.

4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I agree. Physique for me is a byproduct of healthy movement, fitness and healthy living.
    Bodybuilding in its self can be considered a sport that often times comes with unhealthy consequences.
    Now perhaps chasing a good looking body/ build through a healthy approach can also be bodybuilding but not in the context of a sport.
    Good point above. Context matters which may equal long term effects, consequences or results.

jwhb77 and lohd2015 like this.
  5. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

I guess you could say I'm a body builder. I do train heavier from time to time but at my age of 56 pushing heavy weights then trying to work doing construction the next day is challenging. I train 3 days a week for 45 min to an hour. I keep it simple and I am focused on health...and of course looking good naked. LOL.

6. Hansen Kenimer

Hansen Kenimer New Member

Checking in here. I've been combining heavy lifting(powerlifting and BB), intermittent fasting (with fasted training), and generally either a cyclical keto or straight keto diet for the past 3 years. For me, NOTHING comes close to straight keto for building strength. It's like running on rocket fuel at 100% efficiency.

Robert Haas and Danco3636 like this.
  7. Dan E

Dan E can someone flip my picture please :P

All I can add here is that I lift in the woods, in the sun, barefoot, in shorts. It's good. I think it's the proper setting.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. Butters

Butters New Member

How this thread developed... :D
    I think general every strength training is bodybuilding. I do it for the sense of having good muscle mass, good bones and being able to manage my body weight and of course to look good naked. But I dont sacrifice my life for that. Either it fits in or not.
    I do now a 3x a week full body routine. Only basic exercises. In the days between sometimes some bodyweight exercises. Ill see what happens when sunlight is stronger outside.

10. Dan E

Being that the veins and arteries are close to the skin and they dilate during heavy work and exercise, can I assume that one function of their placement is to collect unimpeded radiation from the sun into the blood? Does extra fat get in the way?
    And if that is one of the functions, now thinking this has been discussed at length in the quantlet talks, if your blood receives light from fluorescent lamps, that would be counterproductive, despite all the sweat and weight lost.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  11. Butters

Butters New Member

Yes. I already switched my mind. Mentioned it in my blog.

12. Dan E

It was just a thought I had, not directed to anyone.

13. DLO

DLO StarFish

Since i've been working out HIIT and Superslow with CT prior I dont even break a sweat anymore... is that a bad thing? Isn't sweating one of things we want to excrete waste?

14. JuicerMoz

JuicerMoz New Member

Honestly I wouldn't be too successful if I tried, but regardless I'm mostly more busy trying to build body.

15. Johnny DeMarco

Johnny DeMarco New Member

I have a gym membership only because they have a great sauna there, but I did buy some SARMS and would like to see how a few weeks of those go. I wear my Ra Optic glasses in the gym. I know the issues with the oxygen tensions, but I'm hoping this bridges me over until mountain biking in the spring time