1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anybody Put Black Lights in Car

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by JCDC, Dec 14, 2016.

1. JCDC

JCDC New Member

I spend a pretty decent amount of time driving. I usually like to drive with my windows down but sometimes it is raining, snowing, I'm on a well shaded road or its just impossible to hear my podcasts on the highway. Also, without a sunroof, the extreme asymmetry in the parts of my body exposed to the sun can't be that great.

Has anyone setup a black light or other favorable lighting in their car?

On the topic of automotive hacks, what about hacking a way to ground one's self to the car, good or bad idea?

Any other ideas for ways to my my driving time less detrimental to long term health?

Benny Hammond and enyaw like this.
  2. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

I have been working on this - grounded my car and myself in the car and turn off the cabin lights. Although that might be dangerous at night not being able to see the gauges. My plan is to get a light ballast to plug into the cigarette lighter and change out a UV bulb and red bulb depending on the time of day. It seems like a good choice - the current coming from the cig lighter is DC.

3. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

I'm still not sold on the best UV lamp. I don't like the spectra, especially the spike in blue of the Exo-Terra Solar Glow or the Power Sun. Not to mention the heat in the car.

Has anyone done this with good results?

4. drezy

drezy New Member

Jamie Ward likes this.
  5. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

6. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

Grounding yourself in your car.

Greenie, Samy Colddigger and drezy like this.
  7. JCDC

JCDC New Member

I used those red one in my bedroom before. They are just a bit finicky but at $9 everything I could hope for and more.

drezy likes this.
  8. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

I just checked out a UV LED flashlight at my local Fry's. It has a very limited band, 390-395nm. Perhaps someone knows of a bulb that spreads out more in the UV. Every reptile bulb I have checked out has a massive spike at 390. What's up with that? Is it better to run the lights directly out of DC car outlet or should I get the DC-AC converter?

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...MIocT065Hh1QIVhGh-Ch17PgbxEAQYAiABEgLRUfD_BwE

9. drezy

drezy New Member

You're going to want to stay away from DC-AC converters.

10. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

That's what I thought. Since that conversion will be sitting right next to me in the car.

11. Penny

Penny New Member

This one has 50 leds - it looks great:)
    https://www.amazon.com/Vansky-Flash...&qid=1503084759&sr=8-6&keywords=uv+flashlight