1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Any technology bio hackers around?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by ashryn, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Someone asked Jack a question about using CES (cranial electrical stimulation) and he has said before that such things would be helpful, including regular TENS as well, so I have been using my tens on low frequency (tonight on the soles of my feet) but what I really want to try is using the TENS unit i have for CES but I don't know where to put the electrodes.

I can use 4 at a time.. Has anyone played around with this? Any educated guesses about where to begin? The only places I can really get to without shaving my head are my neck and forehead, but perhaps there is a different kind of electrode I can find that will make a connection through my hair..

any other technology geeks with some experience or guesses?

2. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Such devices I would like to investigate for myself too. Also maybe you can ask Dave Asprey for insight on this too. Also Nora probably would be helpful too. Just remember that JK is not the only one who talks about these alternatives..

How much did you pay for your TENS? I am happy with my diet, CT and light cycles, certain selected supplements which I am happy with, but now I'm ready for the next step. And the next step is all of what the latest blog series talks about and the use of technology for our advantage.

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Interested in this thread because I have a Tens unit. Will be following the replies.

Think I paid about $45-55 for it (chiropractor sells them at his cost). My FSA reimbursed me for it.

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

The unit I have has Audio Visual and CES...it's made by Mind Alive. Ashryn, the two alligator clips I have go on my earlobes for the CES. Remember to remove any earrings ;).. I used it for depression a few years ago, but now I'm thinking there is a whole new reason to bring it out again. There is a Schumann resonance setting that brings your brain into alphawave frequency. The CES can be used by itself....in fact I think I'll go hook it up now.

There are a lot of studies about addiction patterns being changed with CES...really interesting stuff.

5. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

SeaHorse if it helped you for your depression that is awesom!! Getting into alpha slow wave is a nice state to be in. Seems like it's something actually useful.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Very useful...and my machine has different settings to help with sleep, meditation, focus etc....I stopped using it, but I can see where it might be a good thing to start up again.

One of the best uses for it is when you get in a brain rut...the kind of loopy thinking where you stay in the same place and dig yourself deeper and deeper. That's a hard one to come out of, though now I think grounding and being outside is one of the best remedies....anyway I wish I could send my machine around for anybody needing a boost!

7. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Cool, seahorse, when you have some time, would you be able to post a copy of your instruction manual? Just the bit that talks about frequency settings, waveform shapes and intensity.. Just a photo would probably do.. I'm finding out that the tens wants to use pulses and the ces doesn't and there seems to be some importance attached to the shape of the wave.
    Zorica, mine was $130.. I bought it during a time of unrelenting back pain due to a long ago car accident, but dug it out again hoping to use it for charging electrons.. But I REALLY want to have a go at zapping my brain with it!

Checking out mind alive now.. Seahorse, how did you go?

8. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sorry ashryn, I didn't see your question till now.. I bought the Delight Pro. I don't think the manual will help you...the ces setting is for 100 hrz or it is synched to the different programs. There is no real explanation of the waveform shapes and intensity in the manual....
    I'm kind of worried about a magnetic pulsar I've had for years that we used to deal with infections...sinus and throat...now I'm not so sure this was a good idea after a comment Jack made on the blog...he said these were a good way to get Parkinsons' Alzheimers and of neurodegenerative diseases....yikes. Can't wait for the EMF rx

9. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Ashryn, I'm not sure I would use TENS on my head. It's uncommon, but it has been reported to cause seizures. Also, placing the pads over the carotid sinus (in the neck) can reduce or even block blood flow to the brain. Just me, but I would stick to safer areas...you'll still be absorbing electrons.