1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Any specifics on buying an AC

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by freshveggies, May 11, 2013.

1. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

HI, I need a new airconditioner for the whole house. The kind that sits outside and runs off of the furnace. Are there any specifics on buying this and having lower EMF's

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is a question to ask Michael.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am also interested in this EMF type of question.
    But I also have another AC/heat related question.

AC when it works produces lots of condensate (water).
    Mostly during winter months air is dry and humidifier kicks in (another water)
    All is well when all is working as it should.

But we have example from Martin, about what can happen when there is a problem that may be hard to see and it persist for period of time.
    Martin suffers from exposure to black mold.

It would be nice to discuss ways to avoid this.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  4. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

My AC guy said he is putting one in without a smart board. That is what I need to know. In the summer months you might need a dehumidifer running to get the humidity out of the air.

5. Martin

Martin Gold

Good to know that he could do that to your AC. I wonder if my smart washer and dryer can be "un-boarded"!

6. Martin

Martin Gold

We opted not to have humidifier on our system and I'm glad we did. It was a money issue at the time.

I wonder how the humidifying systems really work after having all these problems with new equipment.

Some easy things are visual inspections of the unit downwind of the "condensing coil", the gizmo located in the ductwork system where the copper and black foam rubber covered refrigerant tubes go into the side of the metal cabinet. There is an inspection cover with screws and it's easy to remove and shine a light into and inspect.

Before I discovered the leaking, I was just checking the drain that drips water from the AC to the outside, and while it was still flowing, I figured it was all right. Turns ou the drip pan was warped and the water was going out two ways - dripping into my ducts, and out the drain. Fooled!

I noticed my problem when I finally got around to crawling under the house and saw/heard it was dripping water onto the ground below it. There was the catch pan, the one that failed. Also, we chose fiberglass duct board material instead of metal to deaden sound and provide insulation, and, a little cheaper. Turns out duct board is a fabo mold growing medium when soaked with water. Replaced all ducting with metal, louder, but safer.

Inspection schedule is key. Just because it's new don't mean it ain't going bonkers...

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good luck to have access to inspect condensing coil.

In my old installation I just cut out piece of duct and created inspection hole.
    I do not have a heart to mess up with my shiny new ducts, (but may have to).

Apparently it is area where problems happen rarely (but when they do......).

/////////

8. Hope

Hope Gold

OMGosh..wonder if this is happening at our house. Though we have no way to crawl underneath.