1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Any Progress With Eczema

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Hunger4More, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Is anyone having any luck fixing eczema? I've been following quantum principles for about 18 months now... big improvements in health, but my eczema hasn't improved much.

Full disclosure - it's in an area that is quite difficult to get sun.

My personal experience has been that caffeine/coffee use for me may slightly exacerbate it.

Interestingly enough, I visited Jamaica in the winter of 2016 and my eczema disappeared. It reappeared when I came back home. Visited Mexico (playa Mujeres) summer of 2016 and the eczema remained. Leads me to think that there is a nnEMF link as well...

Have not had any luck using coconut oil, shea butter, etc.

Janette Layne likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Sunlight has so many benefits, I'm thinking about making a simple bullet point list for newbs. There are some hidden benefits people don't get. For me, I use it to reduce my overall nnEMF exposure in addition to the dopamine, serotonin, Vitamin D, gut biome populations, charging my exclusion zones up, etc.

MingP likes this.
  4. DLO

DLO StarFish

In the past when I got eczema it was just in one finger and would swell and be itchy but behind the knees is a new thing...

Jack at PDC I noticed what I thought was a bugbite or rash behind my R knee now it's on both with slighty itchyness on the L.
    I got plenty of sunlight @ PDC but the area is bigger than it used to be.
    I dont know if there was anything before I got to PDC as i never paid attention to the back of my knees until I had to put on swim trunks for the beach.

If I understand that article correctly sunlight speeds up the t-cells but isn't eczema an autoimmune condition could the sun have caused this to become more active?

I've also been using the sperti fiji sun lamp on my calves for about 2 months now
    While at PDC I was abit more lax with diet eating citrus/ egg white/corn/ which were triggers for me in the past. IGG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Interestingly enough, I've noticed my eczema has improved (but not gone away) this winter with intermittent fasting.

I'd really love to get to the bottom of this. Been following Jack for a while now, got a ton of sunlight in the summer, winter is more of a challenge, but still hit the tanning beds regularly. As I mentioned, it disappeared when I was in Jamaica last winter. But didn't improve much when I visited Mexico in the summer. Would love to get to the bottom of this.

6. Jude

Jude Gold

DO it !

Scompy likes this.
  7. DLO

DLO StarFish

I do IF as well not sure if it's made a difference as the location of this is new.

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've got eczema behind the knees and on the crotch. It pretty much disappeared with a combination of lots of Reptile light and sun however has returned again in full force now that I'm at my worst + winter.

9. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

I have had huge gains in eczema over the Christmas period in the UK.

Sunlight did not help too much when I went to Bali for a month and got 10+ UV each day....

What did help was going home to the countryside and being away from my work Laptop... my wrists and hands were completely covered in eczema and they went away completely within 3 days... I had also been following the Leptin Rx for a month... but it seriously got better when I moved away from computer.

Got back to work.... Boom the Eczema returns... Still not as bad though, as I keep my hands away and use my mouse as much as possible

Jude likes this.
  10. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

The Vitamin A cycle is key for skin (See Leptin Rx blogs)... Interrupted Sleep either by Light, EMF or just interruption can be devastating.

But nnEMF is really the most important factor for me.

Remove the nnEMF... THEN go into the Sun and let your skin heal.

The reason Bali didn't work was because I spent the whole time on an island in a nnEMF hell hole of 1000s of tourists and had my iPhone in my hand the whole time.

Janette Layne, Hunger4More and Jude like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

January 2017 webinar and Q & A was all about Vitamin A the the link to melanopsin and skin and brain.

12. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Am going to Indonesia but I will definitely be away from tourism

13. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Looking back on this my issue was actually the Vitamin A cycle... it's the only thing that has made a difference to my skin is going to bed at 8pm to be asleep for before 9pm (best).

If i do get to sleep before 9 my skin doesn't itch during sleep, i don't wake up intermittently, and the next day it is not inflamed and just peels off. It is actually healing and smooth for first time in years - It's all to do with the Cortisol/ DHEA/ Melatonin axis and the Vit A cycle. I thought 9.30/10pm bedtimes were sufficient for Vit A cycle but I was wrong (for me that is - others may be different).

My problem is i've found it hard to be consistent at getting to sleep before 9pm.

But on the days i do, going to bed EARLIER and even before sunset in the summer has made such a difference to me. Just 1 hour.

Matthew Walker (Why We Sleep author) said on a podcast that every hour asleep before midnight is "worth" 2 hours to our cells. Double points basically. I found that really interesting. So sleep by 9pm with a 5am wake up = a "feels like" 11 hours sleep, not 8 hours. Usually i wake up at 4am, so i get a "feels like" of 10 hours.

At first i woke at 2.30am and so did my best friend who has also tried it. That would count as 8.5 hours according to Walker. I said to my friend that the Growth Hormone phase 3-5am shouldn't be missed, but he said he felt good so he rolls with it. After doing it for a while, i noticed if i use black out blinds on the windows i don't wake at 2.30am, and it extends me an hour or 2 to a closer to sunrise wake up time.

His adrenal fatigue has disappeared though, and he gets up at 2.30/3am everyday now and has a Bulletproof Green Tea and Salmon/Seaweed epi paleo breakfast. He feels amazing. so maybe that growth hormone phase is brought forward?! I don't know. Maybe noone does. But the early bedtime + black out blinds and a cave-like dark room that is cooled with a fan in summer seems to be best practice for me...

In indonesia i was eating past 8pm on the beach (prolactin secretion @ midnight/GH destroyed by leptin), and i didn't use blue blockers back then. I woke at 10am most days absolutely drained. It was early adrenal fatigue. I'm finding a lot of my posts from 2016/17 are wrong or misinformed - i've learned a LOT more since then.

This post could be wrong too. So as always.... try it, observe, and report back with your n=1

14. drezy

drezy New Member

Sean Waters -- Circadian zero to Circadian Hero?

I'm completely with you here. I don't write about it and probably should, but doing sun and cold as much as I try to I naturally get tired earlier and sleep before most residents at senior homes. If the sun is down then whatever it is isn't important anymore.

If you're "wrong" then your wrong with skin that's not itchy...

Inger and Sean Waters like this.
  15. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Hahaha yeah i've just bought 4 books: Matthew Walker's one i just mentioned, and then: Rhythms of Life (Frietzman and Foster - discovered melanopsin), Seasons of Life (same authors but 2010 updated research on seasonality) and the Circadian Code (Satchin Panda - june 18).

I just read a little free e-book today on amazon kindle too called: Circadian Rhythms: Below Our Awareness (C.D. Shelton)

I'm fascinated. I assumed my circadian rhythms were in tune until recently. But little details matter so much. 1 hour earlier - that is it!! to stop my lifelong eczema!! 1 hour man. Incredible.

Yes the daytime Sunshine has a huge affect on my sleep - i'm way more drowsy if Grounded in Sunlight all day. Me and Shah would be so tired at 7pm sunset in mexico... i dubbed the term "Mela-stoned" to describe the melatonin drowsiness we got everyday. We were out at 5am at the beach and then all day in the water/sun until 7pm. Blue blockers on at 7pm made it even more serious.

Don't get it as much now i'm back at work in London of course.... but a big difference is waking up early, forcing it a little bit with an alarm clock for a few days, and that will tire me earlier in the evening.

Cold shower too or CT helps so much (as long as bathroom isnt mouldy then you get a stress response). Any kind of stress fucks this up.. arguments, cooking dinner, watching tv, literally anything... I have zero activity at night now. Sit in my garden and relax with some water before i go to bed.

Another factor is dim light. Any amount of light can fuck this up. My GF checked me on this last night. She loves the black out blind now, before it was "too hot" for it, but the fan sorted that out.

Just got to make this consistent.. see what results i get. full skin clear up would be immense

drezy likes this.
  16. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

To add my update to this:

It's been said before on this site that eczema is an "allergy" to nnEMF. I believe this to be 100% true.

Where did I have my worst eczema? On my left groin area. What did I often carry there? My car keys - which use RF to start my car (I haven't carried my cell in my pocket for a long time). Moving the keys made a huge difference in my eczema.

It still flares up from time to time with excessive cell phone use. I've used the app "Moment" to track my cell usage and it correlates with any flare ups.

I live in a big city - the eczema only fully goes away when I can get sunshine in more remote areas (ie Vermont June 2018).

But I'm going to give Sean's hack above a try as well and report back.

Hope this can help others.