1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

any chemists out there?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by msclman, Jul 8, 2016.

1. msclman

msclman New Member

I make a magnesium bicarbonate water (instructions here http://www.afibbers.org/Wallerwater.pdf). but i really like sparkling water. I bought a used soda stream. My question is if i use the magnesium bicarbonate as the liquid base to put in the machine and it injects co2. what is the final product in the water??

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Depends upon the environment.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and that includes the pH of the water.

4. Yes you will be getting a magnesium bi carb with this. If you are follwing your instructions it is said you are using a Milk of Magnesia ie OH . A point to note with ths is make sure there is no Aluminium additive in your Milk of Magnesia (in some there is). You could also use a Magnesium Carbonate Lite which is a mix of magnesium hydroxide and carbonate (you get it from a lab supplier). Putting this in will flip it to a magnesium bicarbonate. Making bicarbonates is very interesting ....if you research the 'alkaline' minerals they are 'all' soluble in a bicarbonate form.

I regularly use the Cabononat Lite mix (have done for 5 years) and find it to be great pre activities/sports or late in evening before bed.