1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Sem, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Sem

Sem New Member

My five year old had a staph infection on his leg. Not sure how he got it. And, thankfully, it was not the terrible kind but it does require ten days of antibiotics. Besides probiotics, what else can I do to help combat the negative effects?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

dirty veggies and lots of shellfish.......and a kiss on the forehead everyday.

His appendix will help him but you could also give him some vitamin D liquid for about three weeks to help him too

Theka likes this.
  3. Sem

Sem New Member

Thanks! We don't have a garden so the dirty veggies part is hard but I can do extra D and shellfish for sure. And kisses .... Absolutely!

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Have him play in some "clean" dirt - he'll eat his share on his own. I always did :)

5. Sem

Sem New Member

Good idea! He'll love it. Totally freaks me out that he got this. Not sure how or where it came from. Scary.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Make sure there is mud involved.... happy times :D

7. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Sorry if I seem obsessed about colostrum (for those who see my posts elsewhere)...but maybe some colostrum in the mix would help too. For the immune boosting, gut repair, and growth factors.

Good luck!

Ya, the 'clean' dirt, mud and clay are good ideas too!!

8. Sem

Sem New Member

Good idea. Where do you get it?

9. Sem

Sem New Member

[​IMG]

We played in mud today!

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

nice :) if it wasn't good for the gut flora it was good for the fun.....

11. Love it!....

12. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

He's beautiful. And looks oh-so-happy in that probiotic mud!