1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anti-Inflammatories, PPIs & Digestion

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by fergal, May 30, 2014.

1. fergal

fergal New Member

Greetings all

Here's hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction.

In a nutshell, I put my back out 2 months ago after a small car accident. Was put on Difene & PPIs for a couple of weeks. The back pain improved but my digestion took a real hit. It's like my motility has slowed down. I used to be a 3/4 on the Bristol chart but I've been a 1 for the last 5 weeks. I've been off the PPIs & anti-inflammatories for at least 5 weeks now but no improvement. I don't ever really feel hungry and feel intermittently nauseous - had an upper GI endoscope done and got the all clear. I find that dense foods (high protein, high fat) can make me feel nauseous except in very small amounts. I do feel some discomfort just below my ribs on the right which could be gall-bladder but I don't know how this relates to the Difene & PPIs or what I should be doing about it.

Any suggestions/insights at what I should be doing would be really appreciated.

Best wishes

Fergal

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Fergal, have you read any of Dr. Kruse's blogs? Are you implementing any of his protocols yet?
    One suggestion I'd make as you get started, if a doctor wants to remove your gall-bladder, hold off for a bit. You might regret that decision.

3. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I've read many of the posts but to be honest haven't been disciplined about putting the basics into action. The area I struggle with most is the diet side of things - eating breakfast of any kind (paleo or otherwise) makes me really nauseous
    Many thanks for your reply. I've read quite a few posts but to be honest have been sporadic in implementing the protocols. Could you recommend any posts/protocols in particular that I should be paying special attention to? With so much fascinating information on the site, I sometimes can't see the wood for the trees.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

How about trying to improve your circadian rhythm first? Avoiding artificial light at night, looking briefly at the sunrise and sunset, sleeping in a very dark room. Looking at the sunrise especially helped me get over some constipation.

Or increase the amount of seafood you are eating. DHA from seafood is vital, and you need to start building up your stores.

nicld likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Fergal........Have you got Dr. K.'s Book? the Epi-Paleo RX ...... it is a great overview of all of this.

Do you listen to Jack's Podcasts? another great way to get fast easy info.

Please put up a pic. It is really nice for us to see who we are talking to. Dr. K. has a new rule ... no pic - no Jack.....

Please start a journal - Dr. kruse needs context.....

6. Jude

Jude Gold

JK says in Brain Gut 16......folk with Adrenal fatigue just can't face breakfast........so there is good info for you at......
    http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/

Then check out the

http://jackkruse.com/easy-start-guide/

Lots of good info there:)

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I like the way you put that, Jude. Our symptoms really are signposts.

Jude likes this.
  8. fergal

fergal New Member

Many thanks for your replies.

I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one that even vaguely resembles reality ;)

I think I may have been framing the protocols in an all-or-nothing kind of way. Looking at your replies, there are things I can put into action pretty much straight off the bat such as eating more seafood which I've always really enjoyed and managing my blue light exposure better through amber glasses and a sleep mask is perfectly do-able too.

Might be an obvious question but if I awake an hour after sunrise but still take a few moments to expose my eyes to the sun, should this in theory still help to re-calibrate my serotonin levels or have I missed the window? I remember reading one of Jack's earlier posts about ipRGCs and their role in regulating circadian rhythms via the SCN. Since information through these photo-sensitive cells is slower to propagate then via cones or rods, do I need to be outside during the transition to dawn to get the full effect since time/duration is a factor? (yes, I may be over-thinking this!)

I've downloaded a number of podcasts and will get listening to them. I've read and will re-read the Adrenal Fatigue blog to get a better grip on what I can do and how I should be approaching this.

Thanks for the journal idea - I've never kept one before - should be interesting. Would I be right in thinking that the My Optimal Journal section would be the best place to go into any more detail of where I'm at right now?

I really appreciate your time and interest.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Fergal ..... yes the journal section. Dr. kruse needs context to direct you properly.

Honestly - his book is a really fast way to get a clear picture of the first couple of years and what all this is about.

When doing a journal - include some family history of health issues .

Do you live in a big city? How is the non native EMF where you work? live?

Dr. K. always tells us there are no stupid questions ..... so keep reading and ask away!

BTW - if you can manage it ..... become a "Gold" member. You will have access to all the webinars 24/7 ...and also there is a live Q&A every month where you can ask Dr. K. pretty much anything!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

this should be what your day looks like....

getup and go outside and look at the sun
    oxy
    BAB
    leave at least four hours between meals and before bed - absolutely no snacking

drink lots of R/O water
    no fake lites after sunset
    get lots of grounding and sunshine ...and hug a tree! wear as little clothes as possible

get all electronics out of your bedroom .... no TV, no ipad, no iphone, no clockradio etc.
    pull the breaker for your bedroom.

nonchalant and Lava like this.
  11. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks Caroline.

I'll go into more detail in my journal but in brief:
    • I do live in a city and work in a large IT company so I can guess my EMF status
    • I live in the suburbs and wifi and mobile penetration is widespread so again I can guess my home EMF status isn't good
    • I'm definitely guilty of fake light after sunset but this shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix
    • If I think about it, I actually do snack more than I think and seldom let myself get properly hungry
    • I'm working my way through Dr. K's book and listening to the podcasts - think I'm getting the message slowly but surely. Taking action is my biggest challenge.
    • We're in the process of moving to a rural location - as it turns out the new house has it's own well with a RO filtration system so should have the water quality problem solved soon
    • BAB is a challenge but once the nausea passes, I feel sated at least until lunchtime - longer during the warmer seasons. Hot weather completely kills my appetite.
    Thanks again - I'll get working on my journal next.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The comments on OSF 1 and OSF 5 should be required reading for this thread.

13. fergal

fergal New Member

Thanks Jack - have read and will re-read the blogs & comments. Probably take me a little time to see how it all applies to my situation but it's high time I stretched my grey matter.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

put up a pic too please.

15. Penny

Penny New Member

Google difene+constipation and you will see many people have adverse effects to this drug - it sounds like standard leaky gut caused by yet another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory... so, check out the leaky gut RX -

http://jackkruse.com/the-leaky-gut-prescription/

In the morning, I would pop a zinc - preferably zinc with carnosine like PepcinZI (it keeps the zinc longer in the gut to heal the wall) with vitamin D3 and K2 - this will also help your back according to Dr. K - I heard him say in that optimal reset series that he fixed a back problem with high dose vitamin D, K2 and tons of ice cold reverse osmosis water... for a couple of months - hopefully he'll chime right in here on that...

For constipation, magnesium citrate (1000 mg) with a lot of water will help and if that isn't enough, slippery elm is amazing... be near a bathroom the next day... :)

For nausea, take a digestive enzyme and an ox bile pill with every meal to digest your food - the ox bile helps with fat digestion -

You might want to take a probiotic or eat fermented food with your meals too -