1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Another Reason to Avoid Wi-Fi ... Top WiFi Routers Easy to Hack

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by ATL_Paleo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57579981-83/top-wi-fi-routers-easy-to-hack-says-study/

The Wi-Fi router you use to broadcast a private wireless Internet signal in your home or office is not only easy to hack, says a report released today, but the best way to protect yourself is out of your hands.

The report notes that all 14 of the devices had critical security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by a "remote adversary" and could lead to unauthorized remote control of the router.

Before you dismiss router hacks as exceptionally rare, it's important to note that they've been a small but growing segment of computer security threats.

Ted Harrington further explained why router hacking could turn into a big problem. "What's notable about this is that if you compromise the router, then you're inside the firewall. You can pick credit card numbers out of e-mails, confidential documents, passwords, photos, just about anything," he said.

2. Martin

Martin Gold

Good stuff, ATL. Hackers - they're out there all the time workin' it.

Gone wired myself.

3. That's exactly why I've always used wired networking at home. I do have a wi-fi access point that I sometimes switch on when I have guests, but it sits outside my firewall. And it runs on 25% signal strength.