1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Another Paleo style "Whole Food" Proponent with Cancer

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Jul 29, 2014.

1. Linz

Linz Gold

Perhaps you all should read what LC said in the feedback section just a few days ago.

LC I have huge respect for newbies trying to make sense of this enormous jigsaw puzzle where everything is so interconnected and a wrong piece can sabotage the rest, but it really does come back to being able to collect and keep energy by replenishing DHA and respecting nature's rhythms in a safe place (emf) - cold water and the sea and it's contents are a great shortcut. It takes time, up to two years I think, to adapt completely to being a good fat burner and you will have hiccups on the way. Wolfgang Lutz has simple but valuable advice about the transition in his book Life Without Bread which can be updated with the information here. Many of the problems you encounter on the way are actually a sign of improvement but sometimes you will get worse to get better, and that can be overwhelming when you start to realise how far out you are in taking control of your own health. Remember you may well need that antibiotic for a UTI but there are ways to offset the damage it can do here and most infections should become a thing of the past if you stay the course.

Looking back to see small but very real health changes (and asking here for reasons why or the best place to find the explanation) should help give you the reason to persevere. Look out for clearer head, skin improvements, finding you don't need to eat at a normal meal time or your muscles don't hurt after doing something more strenuous than usual, pain from an injury resolves quickly, or waking up and jumping out of bed first thing in the morning feeling refreshed - big changes when you find the explanation ( and all the pushy people here are waiting to point out the relevant blog because they really want you to catch up - the doctors and scientists have had to swallow their pride and relearn too).

Once you start to have a deeper understanding and feel some good changes yourself, it becomes harder and harder not to 'criticise' those with their own websites giving very narrow, half-informed but confident advice that doesn't encourage questions, even if those giving the advice are actually leading more and more to realise convention may be far off the mark.

Keep going. Finding the right place was the biggest step. You don't need to trust anyone, just listen for yourself ( expect a barrage of passionate advice if you ask for help) and take time to see changes.

Alex97232, Stella, MrPinkies and 2 others like this.
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well said, Linz!

3. TimB

TimB New Member

Cash flow 'needs' and identity desires have brought many individuals and companies down this road.
    Companies like Whole Paycheck have misled many with their marketing programs of Whole this and Whole that.
    Having come out of the 'natural' foods industry, I watched the gradual metamorphosis of the 'mission' statements from genuine concern and curiosity about physical health to a total focus on stockholder financial health.
    It was rather disheartening, but also made it very clear that it's up to each person to decide what they want to do with their life.
    And all we can do is offer up what we know to those who are interested and what sticks is going to stick or it's not.
    It is pretty clear that most folks on this site held onto their curiosity in spite of the barrage of marketing hype, propaganda and B.S. that they had to wade through.

4. Quite frankly i think the individuals on this site are some of the most intelligent on the internet :)

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, it's self evident. :)

Alex97232, fitness@home and Lahelada like this.
  6. Stella

Stella New Member

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while, mostly because I've been living the life that just a few months ago I didn't think was possible. Let me explain. I was one of those exercise, Crossfit and diet nuts who crashed hormonally and ended up with an autoimmune disorder.

What changed... I did. No one else has been able to scientifically explain why I ended up ruining my health... Down to the mitochondrial level. Except for Jack. When I found this website I was sick and on the verge of applying for disability at work. But I followed the protocols, even going to Orlando where I was able to get firsthand from Jack life changing information.

Today after after searching and having gone through 4 anti aging docs, following the protocols, eating more oysters, sardines and seafood than I care to admit... I am finally retaining electrons.

It took putting many things in my life on hold. To this day I still can't exercise regularly as I'm still not recovering well after exercise. But I'm improving month to month. Progress is slow but steady but I understand it took years for my body to get to rock bottom. I do less and my family has to pick up the slack. In return they are able to see a healthier wife and mother.

I am sleeping like a rock, enjoying life, my brain works and my sex life is great. I radiate health and vitality.

Many people that know me are surprised at my recovery and a few even have asked how I've managed to turn my health around. So few are curious???? How many have done what I've done? NO ONE!!!!

I continue to be a starfish. Fortunately I understand and can explain the science. But for most people no grains, no dairy, no nightshades, low lights, eating on a schedule seems to be too difficult. From my perspective, the price I've paid is so small compared to the life I'm now living.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so very proud of you Stella.....you took everything on board at jackkruse.com ........ and did what you needed to do.

You are a spectacular woman in every sense of the word.... And you are enjoying every single second of every single day!

I can only imagine what the future holds for you and your family.

Your sons now see what a beautiful, happy, healthy, energetic woman looks like...and you are even learning to hug more and better! :p:p:p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  8. real change can only happen with real change. this is the proof!

Alex97232, SeaHorse and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

10. Hope

Hope Gold

That is awesome, Stella!!!!! which of the four anti aging docs was the best? Or did you not see them one after another?

Congratulations!!

11. WereBear

WereBear New Member

It's lovely to hear that it's working for you. Likewise, I just gave up on the usual routes having my answer, and I'm slowly getting better. Made my own mayo this morning, and since getting my Schumann resonance generator I'm actually sleeping later every morning.

The best feedback is feeling better.

12. WereBear

WereBear New Member

And regarding the original topic... I read it as despair. Just like my friends with skin and joint issues who won't consider dropping grains, even for a "test month."

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them think :)

Alex97232, caroline and Hope like this.
  13. Stella

Stella New Member

Thanks Hope. It's been a learning experience. Mostly learning to listen to my body.

The last one is a keeper. I'm on thyroid and BHRT. I would've kept on looking had this doctor not worked out. I was on BHRT from the first doc but not all BHRT is the same. And not all docs are willing to form a good patient doctor partnership. This last doctor has given me the responsibility of listening to my body and titrating my therapy. I have his email and we communicate frequently.

There are small pieces of the puzzle or the quilt but everything works together. Granted I'm still on a TNF blocker but that's not all I needed. I still didn't feel optimal. I knew what feeling well felt like and I wasn't about to explain it all away with aging. So I've changed my diet to accommodate an auto immune condition. I spend more time outdoors. I spent countless hours in a cold swimming pool, for s Florida that is. Getting lots of sun. Eating plenty of oysters and seafood. Cutting out lights after dark and lighting candles. Cut down on EMF. More oxy. All of these changes together made all the difference.

I can honestly say that I've turned the clock back at least 20 years. In a competitive profession where younger people are looking to get your job, I can safely say that in my present state of mind, experience trumps youth. Especially if those younger colleagues are not optimal.

Only thing I can say is, if you are still not optimal keep working at it and never stop searching and improving. The hard work pays off.

Alex97232, caroline and Hope like this.
  14. Hope

Hope Gold

That is awesome. Love it!! And I agree on the experience....what do you do BTW?? Modeling? I wish I could move forward without an MD, whom I mostly need for blood work - and especially without insurance......and it's great you finally found a great doc. I'm still looking......though I have a good one I know there must be someone better out there!

Thanks for your inspiration!!!!! I will definitely keep working....till I get to my goals. :)

15. Stella

Stella New Member

Hope, I have worked for big pharma for over 3 decades.

Finding a doc is critical. My doc does consults over Skype if that helps. He has written a couple of books. Bio identical hormones 101 and natural medicines 101. He is the best I've found up to now. It hasn't been cheap but I'm worth it.

Good luck with your search for a good doc. It is a partnership for optimal health.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is all about a partnership .... we need to ask better questions to get better answers ...seems I have heard that somewhere before!

Alex97232 and MrPinkies like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Truth happens to individuals not to crowds.............

18. Josh

Josh Gold

Tis the eternal law......everyone who tastes it dreams that they can do it for everyone until they realize that they can't.......

19. look at this excerpt from an interview with Belle Gibson, further illustrating the point
    Screen shot 2014-08-02 at 2.55.06 PM.png

Saichi, Alex97232, Josh and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There are people in the optimal health cave that would argue that. LOL