1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Another NAD+ question...

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by NeilBB, Apr 10, 2015.

1. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

1) Can you explain the details of exactly how nicotine increases the biological DC current under the appropriate conditions?

2) Can you elaborate at all on the interconvertability and quantum molecular relationship (under differing conditions of redox, etc) of the following molecules: nicotine, niacin, nicotinamide riboside, and NAD+?

3) Is there a quantum explanation for the niacin flush and is it related to a kind-of “short-circuit-of” or localized inability to handle higher regional DC-current flows?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. Nicotine has a psychostimulatory effect on the CNS at low doses via enhancing the actions of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain. Anything that increase either increases voltage on EEG. Anything that increase voltage increase the DC electric current in the brain.
    A. Clark MA, Finkel R, Rey JA, Whalen K: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology. Baltimore/Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008.

B. Silvette H, Hoff EC, Larson PS, Haag HB: The actions of nicotine on central nervous system functions.Pharmacol Rev 1962, 14:137–173.

2. Nicotinamide, also known as niacinamide and nicotinic acid amide, is the amide ofnicotinic acid (vitamin B3/ niacin). Nicotinamide is a water-soluble vitamin and is part of the vitamin B group. Nicotinic acid, also known as niacin, is converted to nicotinamide in vivo, and though the two are identical in their vitamin functions, nicotinamide does not have the same pharmacologic and toxic effects of niacin, which occur incidental to niacin’s conversion. Thus nicotinamide does not reduce cholesterol or cause flushing, although nicotinamide may be toxic to the liver at doses exceeding 3 g/day for adults. The body can synthesize niacin from the essential amino acid tryptophan, but the synthesis is extremely slow; 60 mg of tryptophan are required to make one milligram of niacin. For this reason, eating lots of tryptophan is not an adequate substitute for consuming niacin. As serotonin synthesis is reliant on tryptophan availability, inadequate dietary intake of vitamin B3 may also therefore lead to depression. Depression is a low DC current state. In cells, niacin is incorporated intonicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP), although the pathways for nicotinamide and nicotinic acid are very similar. NAD+ and NADP+ are coenzymes in a wide variety of enzymatic oxidation-reduction reactions

As for the quantum effects: SIRT1 requires NAD+ for its actions. As we age NAD+ drops like a rock in unison with the redox potential because we lose light or the DC electric current because DHA is lost........tissue wide. This affects the SCN and organ clocks. The SCN requires light and dark to work and the SCN must have a higher DC electric signal than other tissues to drive proper signaling. This paper is massively important : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867413015213. The role of nuclear NAD+ deficiency has replace Denham Harman's antioxidant theory of aging as of 2013. It is now viewed (not totally correct) as the major cause of mitochondrial dysfunction and altered biogenesis because of Warburg metabolism. Mitochondrial dysfunction is believed to be due to inadequate expression of mitochondrial encoded genes which are controlled by cell nuclear factors. (new data shows light and ubiquitin control these nuclear factors) Specifically, when nuclear levels of NAD+ are low, a sequence of events occurs in the cell nucleus that ultimately results in a lack of adequate expression of mitochondrial DNA genes that are required for Complex I, III, and IV in mitochondrial electron transport. In this scenario, the nuclear-encoded proteins required for mitochondrial electron transport chain are still expressed, but the proteins whose genes are encoded only by mitochondrial DNA are not expressed. This lack of signaling is tied to excessive biophoton release. (Russian data) Thus, mitochondrial electron transport cannot occur and cells develop a metabolic picture which is typical in oncogenesis.
    Warburg-type metabolism, cells do not generate ATP from the mitochondria and instead, become dependent on cytoplasmic generation of ATP via aerobic glycolysis.
    The primary driver of this “metabolic reprogramming” is the transcription factor, Hypoxia Inducing Factor 1 alpha (HIF-1α), which normally only activates Warburg-type metabolism when oxygen levels are low. When O2 levels are low no free radicals can't be made in mitochondria so we see no superoxide in these states. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha is essential for cell cycle arrest during hypoxia. Chronic pseudohypoxia cause HIF 1 alpha loss and then this deactivate p53 as the protector of the genome. When signaling is working it is critical in wound healing. When you lose the effect cancer is more likely.
    HIF-1 alpha stability and function is regulated by oxygen-dependent soluble hydroxylases targeting critical proline and asparaginyl residues. Its been shown that hyperglycemia complexly affects both HIF-1 alpha stability and activation, resulting in suppression of expression of HIF-1 target genes essential for wound healing both in vitro and in vivo. However, by blocking HIF-1alpha hydroxylation through chemical inhibition (phototrophic and electrical stimulation) , it is possible to reverse this negative effect of hyperglycemia and to improve the wound healing process. Is HIF 1 alpha linked to ubiquitin and therefore light? Yep:It has been shown that muscle A kinase–anchoring protein (mAKAP) organized E3 ubiquitin ligases, affecting stability and positioning of HIF-1 inside its action site in the nucleus. Depletion of mAKAP or disruption of its targeting to the perinuclear (in cardiomyocytes) region altered the stability of HIF-1 and transcriptional activation of genes associated with hypoxia. Here you see the effect of light on HIF 1 alpha. Complex but the link is there if you look for it.
    3. The flush is due to rapid eNOS release and conversion of tyrosine to adrenaline especially when niacin is used on an empty stomach or above 500 mgs at a time. Its mode of action is very similar to that of the PDE2 inhibitors. I would bet you would get the same effect from them and maybe even severe headaches from them. You likely night have some GI effects as well. The intensity of the flush can be minimized by taking the pills after meals and by taking them regularly three times daily. Some people can get a brownish hue from it at times but is often transient. I believe this is one of the back door ways to increase alpha MSH with a natural vitamin but this only works in people with good redox.......but it does not last long (tachyphallaxis). It can be used to lower appetite in people, especially younger ones who are not fully myelinated centrally. With subsequent use, you can get more severe flushing reactions but this is unusual in my experience. As you know there are non flush microsomal versions of niacin to try. If you're flushing is very unpleasant, you can try a no-flush product called inositol hexaniacinate, which is an ester of inositol (also a B vitamin) and niacin. You might also consider trying Niacinamide. Most negative side effects are due to excessive dosing. You might consider going low dose and then dose escalating as your symptoms allow. Niacinamide does not usually cause flushing, except in about 1 percent of the subjects in whom it will cause a very unpleasant flush, and for these people it can not be used. Many believe it might be because they convert the niacinamide too rapidly into niacin. The flush of niacin is very similar to the flush and heat some people get when they eat a high fat and protein load they are not used too. Niacin is also a very effective way to lower a resistant HS CRP, LDL LPa, TG's, and elevates HDL levels. I use it quite aggressively in people with severe cases of arthritis of the spine to great effect without the side effects of NSAID's. Mild niacin deficiency has been shown to slow metabolism, causing decreased tolerance to cold. If you can't tolerate the vitamin try the foods high in niacin. Use paprika in large amounts and see if you can produce a tachyphylaxis in yourself.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  3. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Thanks, but regarding #1, that's a conventional 1st year med school response to a quantum question. I need more. Other drugs enhance dopamine and norepi in CNS and don't do what nicotine does. Even levodopa does not prevent Parkinsons-it only mitigates it. Nicotine seems to be able to prevent it among a lot of other things. I want to know why.

My own bio-hacks with nicotine have yielded remarkable results that I can't explain using Lippincott based answers. (I will elaborate later if anyone is interested.)

I suspect that nicotine has to be capable of direct effects on the electron transport chain and NAD+ that are not generally recognized and not published in pharmacology textbooks. I suspect these are quantum effects that depend on epigenetic expression of mitochondria and the current redox state and 3-D quantum molecular chemistry. And I think this has to be a pretty huge deal.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I want more answers @NeilBB

SCRN2007, cinnamon and NeilBB like this.
  5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

If I'm reading this correctly - the first paragraph directly relates to sleep apena and ties it into ubiquination. WOW. Thanks JAck.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  6. jenaf

jenaf Silver

"When O2 levels are low no free radicals can't be made in mitochondria so we see no superoxide in these states. "

does this also mean that the breath-holding of free diving (or any breath holding exercise), which drives a saturation of oxygen in the blood from the spleen, creates superoxide?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Can't give ya more........cause i got stuff coming in this series.......and if you're paying attn, and you are, you are now anticipating where I am going...........The webinars are leaving massive breadcrumbs for those who are payin' close attn.

Shijin13 and NeilBB like this.
  8. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

It was discovered in 1941 that a solution of nicotine in the presence of oxygen could be converted to nicotinic acid (niacin). Both oxygen and UV light irradiation were required for this reaction to occur...

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja01846a026?journalCode=jacsat

SCRN2007 and Shijin13 like this.
  9. Neil, I have heard of it (Niacin) as a treatment for severe mental illness, schizophrenia etc. But I don't know specifically at all but this is interesting

http://www.doctoryourself.com/niacinreviews.html

10. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Nicotine itself has also been shown to be a CNS stimulant and enhancer, an effective uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation (thermogenic), an upregulator of BAT, a stimulator of AMPK, a supporter of mTOR. All potentially good things...What if it could do all that and then in the right conditions, be "disposed of" in vivo by any "excess" eventually being converted to nicotinic acid (and ultimately life prolonging NAD+) just by absorbtion of solar radiation. That would be a very neat bio-solar recycling pathway, potentially mitigating any dose-related toxic effects and making nicotine a potentially powerful and fully recyclable therapeutic molecule, in the right environmental circumstances, of course...

It's also interesting to note that tobacco is a member of the Solanaceae family and that all nightshades contain nicotine (though in miniscule amounts compared to tobacco). I would bet that nightshade "allergy" could be "cured" by certain frequencies of absorbed solar energy too...

Could also explain partly why "smoking" tobacco is a poor way to go. Smoke inhalation leads to pulmonary inflammation, COPD and eventually tissue hypoxia. But since high oxygen tension may actually be required for the solar "metabolism" of the excess nicotine, this hypoxia may actually limit its clearance and increase its toxicity even in the presence of the appropriate sunlight, in a sort-of feed-forward vicious circle...

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your family does not define your abilities..........human or nicotine

cantweight likes this.
  12. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Thank god for that! French Quarter Fest must be going good!

Shijin13 likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

all i will say is this: [​IMG]

14. need antone say anything more EVER?

SCRN2007 and NeilBB like this.
  15. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

The shoes are a nice touch. I'm sure the guys at Doris Met will be very happy that you dressing so much less casually these days :D

16. Josh

Josh Gold

Shining like a "crazy diamond"...

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  17. Josh

Josh Gold

Shijin13 likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^ key song for this series...........

Shijin13 likes this.
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Morning sunlight sure cured the hives DH got

SCRN2007 likes this.
  20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Love the song and album. One of my favs... But you do realize that it was written for their former bandmate who went insane, right? o_O

Speaking of insanity, how's about starting a new Mardi Gras crewe next year, Jack? The Crewe of Kruse!!! Instead of dabloons, everyone could throw crabs and shrimp from the parade floats. And instead of beads, we could wear lays made of seaweed and oyster shells. Sporadic nudity would still be encouraged, of course...I'd pay to see that...

caroline, Shijin13 and fitness@home like this.