1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Announcing intention to lose 25 lbs!!!!

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by janagram, Dec 22, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

OK! This is it! No more bullshitting! I'm done being fat! 25 lbs (I'm short) have been given their walking papers! (could that contain a double-entendre?) I'm 65 and I'm going to be thin for the rest of my years! (...Or whatever you call not-fat....?) Let's say weight-appropriate.

I'm fairly LR (reset) which must come first....sooooo? Done, I tell you! DONE.being.fat. 

Gonna be weight appropriate in 2013!!!! 

Intention stated.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Janagram ..your intentions are duly noted!!  No turning back now!

I think to some [not on this forum]  these intentions may seem a little vain ....but not to me..a life long dieter ...It is about fulfilling one's potential.  There is a huge world that opens up with all of life's exciting possibilities and we get to be present.  I absolutely know that health is first and foremost and Dr. K. says that women worry too much about their weight  ..body comp is the most important  ..I get that..but it feels amazing when you are comfortable in your own skin .....when you look in the mirror and the person on the outside matches the person on the inside.     Please feel free to stand on our shoulders when necessary to become the person you want to be.

Don't forget before and after pics!

p.s.   you already are an amazing woman  - that aways come thru loud and clear[​IMG]

3. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Congratulations to your decision. What is your plan? I found that having a plan to follow greatly helps.

When I started losing weight I decided upon the protocol I wanted to follow, then I made myself an exel-chart where I put in the daily weight, BG-level and Blood Ketones and above all occasional labs. And at the very bottom I put the weightloss I wanted to achieve. That was my ultimate goal.

So through the weightloss I kept that in my focus. Then I could monitor my success, make adjustments if necessary and keep track on which foods help and which don't. I am still at it and still have far more to lose than you but I am very excited as for the first time I have been able to lose so much weight without losing purpose and by realizing how well it works I finally feel confident about reaching my goal.  

So I am very curious how you are doing. Keep us posted and if there is anything to help, let us know.

4. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Of course I am aware that people are different and have different approaches. That is why I am curious about your approach.

5. janagram

janagram New Member

I'm a little worried about not having an approach....but your way interests me. Maybe I should get ketostix and try to stay in ketosis....or close. I've never done that before. (measuring ketones in urine). I've never made an excel chart either, but could get help and do that. I weigh daily, and that helps me.... reality check.

I lost these 25 lbs before in life...via different paths. None of them lasted and I think this is the biggest challenge I am putting out there, therefore I call it Done Being Fat. In other words...keeping it off permanently and how to do that.

Yes, I am trying to apply the principles Jack is sharing here. I love his experimental approach and his outside the box thinking. (I can also hear him thinking: she'll never do it....but I don't care, that helps me too. It's something to push against!)

Caroline and Charlotte!!! Thanks for your input and support!!!

6. Priscilla

Priscilla Gold

Hi, Janagram,

I'm about your age and feel the same way. I'll join you!  25 lb. down -- 2013, here we come[​IMG].

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

We are here for you Priscilla ......I was going to say good luck ..... but it has little to do with luck ...... dream it  .... image it ..and then do it.

The tools are all here.  Charlotte's plan to chart everything to see what is working and what isn't and then re engineer is such a great idea.  we are all so different so we have to tweak it for our own individual self.  It is going to be a great 2013

8. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Merry Christmas everbody and you Janagram,

I have a little Christmas present for you. I need your e-mail address, then I make you the chart, and send, then all you need to do is fill in the numbers and they show up in the chart. All I need to know from you is what all you want to have put in to show in the chart.

1. weight

2. Blood Glucose level?

3. Blood Keton level or urine from Ketostix? (for blood keton you need a little device which is availble from Amazon, Abbot makes them, it costs about the same as the device for blood glucose, but Ketostix do fine, they are not cheap either. ) I measure Blood ketons once a week that way it is affordable.

4. total weight loss per week

5. Foods eaten (I do not do this, as I usually remember what I have eaten)

this is a suggestion. Just let me know

Ok, so now: I am on my 2nd round of hCG, so my weight loss is huge. However, if you do the epi-paleo, even better (I do the hCG because I need to lose a lot of weight, like 100 pounds. 62 pounds now lost since end of August.) And I personally think that hCG also is like a leptin-reset, at least that is what my labs show. BG before up to 300 with medication, this morning 82 without medication. Leptin almost normal from being 10 times the highest normal value, alpha-amylase normal, before way too high and so on. Even after the hCG between the rounds where I did strict epi-paleo I still lost 5 pounds.

What I also realized the last few days is that eating almost everything raw ( I logged myself out of the kitchen drawer which holds the pots and pans, so I cannot cook and had to eat raw) enforced the weight loss. 1 kg in 2 days.

CT also brings down BG. After CT my BG is down to 52.

I am also allergic to eggs so my doctor suggested quail eggs. I will start using them after I am finished with the 2nd round. I will eat them raw also in smoothees as they are supposed to be good for the immune system ie inflammation.

And other than that all you need is determination and an open mind to see what works and what does not.

Same goes for you Caroline, I will do the same for you also. But I need to have your e-mail adresses as you need to receive the exel and paste it onto your software.

So Merry Christmas to all of you.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Charlotte - that is so thoughtful of you.  I am pretty close to where I want to be now.  I also did 2 rounds of HCG and then epi paleo.  I am now feeling like I need to go down 3 kilos but i should be able to do that although my weight isn't moving and I am eating pretty much only raw and seafood.  I swear I do not do well if I eat too much cooked protein - I do way better with high fat and little raw protein.  The bullet proof exec was talking about this in a blog.  I really don't do well with too much protein and I definitely don't do well with bacon.  Everyone is so different.

You have done incredibly well Charlotte.  What do you eat in a day usually?

10. diane

diane Gold

So I'm wondering - if you have more weight to lose, sounds like perhaps HCG is the way to go? I've never considered it before because I really want to fix things not just do something to lose weight. But it sounds like fixing isn't always the answer.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

that is something I wish Dr. Kruse would talk more about  - It seems that he will after his latest bio -hacks.  When I did HCG I felt like my body was working correctly ....I know that sounds vague.  I have said this before here  - I think I did HCG years ago in Canada.  I didn't understand what it was at the time.  There are clinics  - Dr. Bernstein  - and you get injections every couple of days.  The only thing they would say was it was B vitamins but everyone used to joke that it was mare's urine  - you can vaguely see the connection.  Anyway - I felt amazing and my body leaned right out. I remember that feeling so well - to actually feel so good about yourself and be the person you want to be and that gives you amazing confidence to go out and slay the dragons!  I know health comes first  -  but my bad body image and in fact - my fat body -  stole my life for quite awhile.  After reading Dr. K's Christmas R/X   - I understand a lot of things about me.  I was continually ridiculed etc. etc. etc. by my Mother all of my growing up years  and that does untold and subtle damage to one's self worth.  The only way for me to fix that was to become the person I knew I was in spite of all the negativity.  Oddly - I never took all of the horrible stuff personally  - strange isn't it?  I continually worked on me and ......TA DA  ...here I am.  I have been lucky enough to have lots of amazing people in my life especially a beautiful, kind and loving and generous husband - who loved me no matter what and he gave me unlimited self confidence and always told me to go for it  - no matter what crazy ideas I had.  That is the most empowering of all - when someone believes in you no matter what and failures just become opportunities to try something else.  I really believe all the failures and all the bad stuff  as well as the great stuff of course are part and parcel of the amazing people we have become.  I guess we can choose to fold up like a deck of cards ...but failure never was and never should be an option.

12. diane

diane Gold

Wow Caroline - what you wrote was so powerful. You really are amazing - you can see that in how you respond to people and the insight you bring!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Diane for your kind words.   geeeze  - I feel like I have turned into a motor mouth this Christmas!   more Kruse magic I guess[​IMG]

I can't even imagine what amazing things are in our future  ...... I think we had better hang on tight and enjoy this ride of a lifetime!

14. janagram

janagram New Member

Charlotte,

Wow! Thank you! A lovely gift...I accept! (I have been trying to message you with my email but no luck...not sure why...will keep trying.) I will want everything on the chart except blood glucose. I think your chart will be a huge support to me and I am soooo thankful! 

Have a lovely Christmas, Charlotte! And all who read this post! 

15. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Good Morning Janagram,

I am making the chart for you now. But I still need your e-mail address. Mine is c.adler@colostrum.de

@Caroline

you asked me what I am eating. Well, on hCG it is not much, but I am not hungry either. It is 3 p.m. here now and I haven't eaten anything yet and still do not feel like it. But I will as my body needs some.

What I strongly recommend is, that if you do the hCG protocol then read it carefully and stick to it by the letter. So what do I eat? Lately mainly raw. I get good meat and fish to begin with. Meat for me is filet of beef ( I do not like chicken that much), I mince it and mix with onions, sprices, or I make carpaccio and put rucola with some selfmade dressing on it, today I have tiger prawns. Fish is shellfish, shrimp, crab, octopus, anything that is low fat. Vegetables are green, spinach, rucola, lettuce, brussel sprouts, whatever you like. For supplements I take what Dr. Kruse has recommend me in my consult.

If you do epi-paleo, then you have a big variety of choices. I eat salmon with wheat free soy-sauce and wasabi, or smoked salmon for breakfast. I have ordered quail eggs as I cannot eat chicken eggs which I want to eat raw in a protein smoothie or an occasional omelette with bacon. For fat I use Mascarpone with the omelette. Lunch is often similar, raw fish, salmon, tuna mostly and salads and/or vegetables. In the evenings I often just have soup with a lot of seaweed (I prefer Kombu as this has the most Iodine) but others also, and egg in it and some spinach, I do not cook the spinach but just add it to the hot soup. It immediately wilts.

Because I am very busy during the week and often cannot eat as I want I always make me some cookies for the week. I use butterfat with coconut fat which I make creamy in the mixer with some stevia, add coconut flour and coconut chips (and now also quail eggs) and vanilla and separate into a few batches and then add other ingredients to each batch to give it variety, such as chocolate which I melt before or chips of it, or nuts or anything else you can think of and bake it. I keep them in a tupperware and I have wholesome food to keep any hunger at bay when I am travelling or have all day visitors.

You can also make a salad with home made mayonnaise, shrimp, crab or tuna or anything else you like.

Most important, when you want to lose weight is, to stay in deep ketosis. I am in ketosis since 4 months and my appetite has simply reduced to 0. I eat only when I am hungry and then just until I feel satisfied. Then I lose interest. For fruit the most I allow myself is some occasional raspberries or blueberries, but just a handful. It is not in season, I know, but it is ok for all I know now.  My carbohydrate level is definitely below 25 g per day. Check the reaction of your body and you know what is good for you and what is not.

I honestly think that you knowmuch more about eating epi-paleo than I do as I am only here a short time on the forum and I am still experimenting a lot. With hCG I can help more.

But what has happened and I do not exactly know now how, is that my attitude towards food has changed. I lost interest, simple as that. I eat better than I ever have, look closely at the sources, make myself something and forget  about food until my stomach tells me it is time to eat something.

So let me know if I can help. I would be very glad to do so.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Charlotte ... that is exactly how I feel now.  I only eat a little when hungry  -  mostly raw now and then forget about food until I am hungry again.  This is the most amazing thing to me  - I used to be hungry all the time!  Food has no power over me any more.   

17. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

okay, Janagram, your chart is ready. I put the weight somewhere between 200 and 120. If it needs changing let me know. I did not know what your actual weight is.

18. janagram

janagram New Member

Charlotte,

Many thanks...(my weight is...ahem, closer to 200 than 120!! It's a lot on a 5'3" lady). I emailed you.....

19. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

I definitely have 25+pounds to lose and would love to watch them disappear once and for all.  I've realized during the last 9 months on and off of the leptin rx that the weight can no longer be my primary objective. Mainly because there's other factors at play but I'm signing up for the challenge!!! My primary objective will be with light and fat, which I learned during my educational consult should be my priorities.  I am going to measure blood ketones to ensure I'm in ketosis but because those strips are about $2/strip I will only measure every second day. 

20. janagram

janagram New Member

Paulalynn and Priscilla!! Let's do it! [​IMG][​IMG] Fat and light, huh? Great. Blood glucose...great...(sometimes I cannot log in...)