1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Anne s optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Anne V, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Thank you Sue you are quite right
    i have just sent her a text she says she will check with her husband .
    on this occasion . i think it is their taste. i have for now put amethysts on the bed side tables.
    i have proposed to paint it back pink when i leave
    are u often going to Fuerte Ventura?
    i woke up this morning feeling good , more energy less brain fog :)

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I went for 2 weeks at the end of October and am hoping to go again in January, with possibly another trip early March. Between times I'm concentrating on the water and magnetism legs of the 3 legged stool, living in the cold lane. Up to 15th Dec and still not putting any heating on.:D

caroline likes this.
  3. Anne V

Anne V Gold

I have found some Qlarivia water 25ppm in 500mls at a shop called the real food Cie they excpect a delivery next week
    from Wednesday or later £7.95 a bottle
    they have some now

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Good find. :) From the website

"RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE: Drink around half a litre of Qlarivia a day. Even a single bottle of Qlarivia, preferably in the morning, helps to balance deuterium in the body.
    It is common practice to mix Qlarivia with other good quality water and drink through the day.
    If, for example you choose to mix it with Icelandic Glacial water with a deuterium content of approximately 148ppm, it will be possible to mix a water to a desired deuterium level.
    1L of Icelandic Glacial and 500ml Qlarivia would give approx 115ppm water, or 4L Icelandic Glacial and 500ml Qlarivia would give approx 137ppm water."

I mostly do a first freeze on well water I get for nothing, which I guestimate gives me around 142 ppm (but I've not had it tested). I noticed a difference when I first did it. But a first freeze on a lower ppm say Scottish water which starts lower at around the 147 mark gets me closer to the 137. I've chosen not to use commercial DDW as I'd rather spend the money on a trip to the sun, and also because I'm looking to improve my ability to reduce and clear excess deuterium naturally. Naturally more lower deuterium fats in the winter from seasonal food, cold/CT and REM sleep. If I wasn't getting 8 /2 to 9 hours sleep in the 16 hours of winter darkness, with vivid dreams, or my starting point was worse, I'd think of taking it up a notch. My n=1 doesn't include a heart condition, that would be a completely different ballgame to consider. :confused:

5. Anne V

Anne V Gold

what ppm does 1 tries to achieve?
    the heating is off at night and i open the window
    heating goes on 2hrs at 8am and 3 hrs @5:30
    cold shower everyday , cold bath 2 /week . i last 10mn:)
    went out without gloves today .fingers usually turn white/blue bad circulation
    today no :)

caroline likes this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Good signs :cool: My personal experience is that whilst light levels are so low, keeping chronically cold (slightly challenging, not miserably stressful or a too cold shock) prompts my mitochondria to adapt. There's a circadian rhythm to core body temp, reaching its highest at around 8 p.m. so if the heating is off coming up to that time, it seems to help maintain that rhythm, at a time when temps outside are naturally lowering. Its like a circadian mitochondrial pilot light freebie.:D

On the first cold snap getting nude into a cold bed with summer bedding and open window took a few minutes for the mitochondrial pilot light to turn up the volume, now its almost instantaneous. Its still not cold enough to wear a coat if I'm out for a walk, the first time I did it I finished up taking it off in the first few minutes and then having to carry it. Living in the cold lane in winter seems to suit me, with the odd acute colder stimulus (such as a cold shower or cold bath) getting my mitochondria to respond quickly. I like to think of it as retraining them to respond as anticipation machines, the better the circadian rhythms, and the better they respond to the information they get and anticipate what is needed, and respond quickly, (whether the cold of winter or the heat of summer), the healthier (and more matrix DDW producing) the mitochondrial "swarm." Having had raynauds through most of my thirties and forties, at 61 living like this is a revelation. :D

I think I hold excess deuterium in my subcutaneous fat, when I've reached a certain point where I'm delivering better fat from storage to my mitochondria to be able to make matrix DDW, particularly at night or when intermittent fasting, good quality water will probably be enough rather than any deliberate lowering. For me, if my body is looking to maintain 150 ppm deuterium in blood plasma, slight lowering of normal blood levels is safer than going at it full throttle without knowing my n=1 risks, for example going too low increases my risk of infection, or slower wound healing. Accepting that risk might be right for my own n=1 if my starting point was worse (say cancer), but I don't think there's a one size fits all ppm DDW target. The nuances of deuterium may be important, the more I learn the more I realise I've barely scratched the surface. :confused:

caroline, drezy, Inger and 1 other person like this.
  7. Anne V

Anne V Gold

I suppose our body has to make it. so drinking ppm water is like a band aid.
    will order the tests tomorrow . Genova does vit D and DHEA. not sure about CRP will call tomorrow.
    had a great day walking , enjoying the sun .
    what is n=1 ?

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

If 100 people do the same experiment/hack, its n=100. So n=1 is that the subject size of the "experiment" is 1. So my n=1 is my experience, my results. Someone else doing the same experiment may have different results (better, same, no change, worse), because their context is different. The different contexts might include haplotype, mitochondrial heteroplasmy rates, gender, age, different environmental stressors, seasons etc etc etc. and their initial starting point. So whatever my results, your results may vary (YRMV).

Its one of the reasons I put "... in order to correctly calculate the probability of an event , one must be very careful to define the complete event clearly - in particular, what the initial conditions and the final conditions of the experiment are." (Richard Feynman)" as part of my signature. Having been bitten in the arse more than once and learning the hard way :rolleyes: that what was a great idea for someone else to hack was a poor decision for me, it reminds me to look at someone else's n=1 results through the lens of my own context. That, and understanding the biophysics behind a particular hack/experiment means I am better able to make an informed decision about whether its something I could try now, or leave until later, or modify it to suit my own starting point, or not do it. :)

caroline and Anne V like this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Thank you Sue for your time and explanations.
    i wanted to order the 3 tests recommended
    Vit D DHEA and CRP seems complicated if no doctor request
    did you do any? which labs did you use?
    What a glorious day again :)

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't do labs at all. I'm not saying that's the right decision, but my decision is based on a) I haven't been to see my GP since my last post natal check (and my youngest is now 21). You rocking up and asking for some labs on the basis of an occupational medical is likely to be a different exchange than my rocking up after 21 years with a list I want done based on my own research, when its not my current symptoms or an existing diagnosis that have sent me there. :rofl: b) I don't want to get labs from my GP that might get me caught in the current medical paradigm. c) If I manage to get labs privately, I'm not knowledgeable enough to interpret them in line with Jack's teaching, and I wouldn't ask or expect him to outside of a paid consultation. I'm on this site for Jack's teaching, so I wouldn't want feedback from anyone else that is outside of the teaching, however well intentioned someone is. What they don't know may be more important for my n=1, and if the advice includes getting more or different tests, or trying to supplement myself out of the hole I'm in, I'm risking wasting valuable time and money.

It also goes back to context again, for example hormones naturally fluctuate in line with season, as can receptor sensitivity. Vitamin D from exposure to sunlight is not equivalent to vitamin D from a supplement. If my labs are crap according to the current paradigm but I feel great, or the reverse where I feel like shit but my labs are good, I would want to understand the nuances, or find someone else who could. If I say booked a skype consultation with Jack and he asked me to get labs, I would go all out to try and get the ones he wanted. :)

Without a consult, my gold membership, with access to all past webinars and Q and A's is a better investment for me than labs I'm unfamiliar with, or fiddling around with supplements to improve a set of labs that represent one moment in time. Learning myself how to nurture regeneration is more useful to me.

YMMV. :D

caroline and Anne V like this.
  11. Anne V

Anne V Gold

I like your thinking.:)
    part from work medical i do not see doctors.
    cant see the one for pilot licence as they want to open me up, and i do not.
    so waste of time
    i will continue for now with seafood , blue blocking glasses, am grounding and sun and will see when back from Lanzarote.
    i feel less foggy remember names ... a bit better and am really pleased not to get blue/white fingers.
    will continue cold bath/showers
    laptop on ethernet.all switch off at night
    i do not know how to read labs.
    Very grateful for all your help
    will buy candles for evening

Sue-UK likes this.
  12. Anne V

Anne V Gold

I had to get rid of 5 years medications when i moved
    luckily, found somebody to do that for me:rolleyes::cool:

Sue-UK likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

very well said Sue! my thinking exactly only you said it way better and very succinctly.

when I had consults with Jack he always said my testing here was crap anyway so I don't bother unless I have a serious issue. I do now have a very good Doc here who is on board with Jack.

I do like the saliva hormone testing - but only out of curiosity to see where my hormones are at. For example - I don't need aPHD science degree to know when my cortisol is too high at night time and I don't sleep well.

I feel like I can tell when my hormones are out of whack and so If I need help to sort it out I would get a saliva hormone panel done but it is over $300.00 to get it done here in OZ.

Cheryl., Sue-UK and Anne V like this.
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Sleep is so much better in mid winter than midsummer for me in the UK. I think it has something to do with lowest core body temp at 4.a.m and the lengthening phase of REM sleep - less easy to get the longest phase of REM when its already getting light in mid summer. Alexander Wunsch in one of his videos said he thought that we needed to get more than 8 hours total darkness to regenerate. In a low light cycle, my minimum of 10 hours total darkness at night (11 is my target) when sunrise is not til nearer 8 a.m. gives me that last phase REM cycle, that I often miss in summer, and REM is a deuterium depleter. Its a musing …. but I think REM can influence the mitochondrial pilot light. A normal dream seems to take the mitochondrial pilot light to one level, but I recently had a last phase REM sleep dream where I was climbing up a wall, like a military training wall, but much much higher, and I was struggling big time, once I got to the top I had to climb through a window, but was too big to get through it (ho hum :coffee::D). I woke up just before sunrise and my pilot light was on full rev, but I wasn't sweating. It was as if my mitochondria were doing some "as if" responding to the intensity of the dream, and a lower core temp in line with circadian rhythm meant I didn't overheat. There's also the BAT activation that may have influenced my result on waking.( https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdf/S2211-1247(18)30318-8.pdf. A Diurnal Rhythm in Brown Adipose Tissue Causes Rapid Clearance and Combustion of Plasma Lipids at Wakening). I might be way off - but no huffing and puffing, muscles inactive and not getting tired .. deuterium depletion…. sounds like my kind of exercise. :rofl:

Cheryl. and Anne V like this.
  15. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Another question: what happens if instead of swallowing ddw , we swish it in the mouth for 2 minutes first.and then swallow
    there is absorption there but uncertain of where it goes

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think there's nuances with doing that, even with normal water. If the brain registered hydration only after cells received water, people could be drinking more than the body needs. So if its the communication between the brain and mouth that avoids over and under hydration, my holding water in the mouth for 2 minutes could be telling my hypothalamus that more water is entering the body than its actually going to get. That has the potential to interfere with the thirst mechanism, and anti diuretic hormone release. So for me there's that to think about even with normal water. Added to that, I don't know enough of the science to know whether swishing say 25ppm water for 2 minutes could interfere with the deuterium depleting pathways by registering a risk to blood levels going too low. I'd need to understand the potential non linear effects before I did it.

There might be a good reason to do it with DDW (for example an oral cancer), but that's a whole different DDW ballgame. :confused:

Cheryl. likes this.
  17. Anne V

Anne V Gold

rabbit hole! :)

Sue-UK likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

What you are saying about sleep when it is warmer really makes sense. I am waking about 4:00am because I am too warm.

My sleep is not good this last week. I need to stay off my computer.

19. drezy

drezy Gold

@Anne V
    The hands now getting warmer in cool environments is a very good sign.

Your previous flightpath in life had you headed directly into a methylation hurricane (at least).

My mother is further along the methylation disaster path. I regularly see where that leads and there is no motivation quite like it.

My gameplan is:
    AM light always and forever full or near full body exposure
    Embrace the cold especially if you can do it in the sun
    Keep a functioning solar callus over winter
    Get as much sunlight as I can for free nitric oxide and blood pressure lowering

Sheddie and Anne V like this.
  20. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Thank you Drezy