1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Angelina Jolie's new breasts...or lack of

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Krapule, May 15, 2013.

1. Krapule

Krapule New Member

I know a few people who had the same surgery for the same reason: BRCA1 gene which higher the risk of breast cancer to about 50% in your lifetime (tough I've seen up to 95% in the news...).
    Terrible on their self-appreciation and the reconstructive surgery is not always an easy road to normality, pretty hard in fact (infection, pain, bad surgeons...)
    It seems to be a good and rational choice but since dr K opened our eyes to a different way of seeing, I ask myself if there would be an other way to approach this problem...an evolutionary way (diet, light, EMF....) which could avoid this surgery.
    Any comments?

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I also know someone who made this choice....I think we have already learned we can "turn these genes off" that have been "turned on". The frightening thing to me is that there seems to be a mindset that lifestyle overhaul is more the extreme choice than surgery. That is a very scary thought. It echos what I hear from mothers....why deny my child all the things they love like mcdonalds, and candy and gatorade when I can just give them a pill for their ADD/ADHD. It saddens me and sickens me, I just dont understand.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cancer is not caused by genetic changes in our genome as most believe today. The genetic change we see in oncogenesis are the direct result of cancer formation to begin with by an altered cellular signaling gone awry. Once cancerous change occurs, cancers use glucose as their fuel source and alter the cells biochemistry to hijack the pathways. This hijacking then increases the leakiness of the first cytochrome in the mitochondria to ROS and mitochondria then die under the direction of glycolysis (carbs). This is why we should be advocating staying away from carbs in cancer cases. This was the source of my beef in the safe starches debate that broke out earlier this year, but was of course totally taken out of context by the paleo meme. Examine the poster from AHS 2012 I linked to earlier, done by a clinical oncologist (Caveman Doctor), which makes this point crystal clear. Dr. Otto Warburg wrote about this in 1928 and no one has proven him wrong as yet. The problem is cancer clinicians and researchers seem to have forgotten about this link to glucose and lactate. All of these things destroy normal cellular signaling and this can lead to cancer eventually if it left to continue.

MORE GEEKINESS: Another byproduct is acetaldehyde and it is related to formaldehyde this disrupts collagen production, fatty acid oxidation and blocks normal nerve functions. I see this problem as a spine surgeon because of the acceleration of disc degeneration in the spine. Orthopedic surgeons see it in the major joints. We are taught to replace those joints instead of fixing the real problem…….the altered gut. I got this message about 7 years ago and began to change the way I managed the diseases of the spine and brain. The ethanol and acetaldehyde will also help hasten the brain by allowing more inflammation into through the blood brain barrier and into the brain. When this occurs we see depression, the loss of DHA (fish oil fat), phospholipids, ceremides and sphingolipids in the brain and function slowly diminishes overtime. Protein folding becomes abnormal and things like Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s, and cerebral strokes become very common. When we lose DHA we tend to replace it with other PUFA’s that don’t have the “magic built” into its chemistry that DHA does. We outlined that briefly in Brain Gut 5. That was a pretty important blog post in retrospect. We also lose total body and brain iodine that protects our DHA from any oxidative attack. This diminishes the production of pro-resolution chemicals in the brain. They are called resolvins, lipoxins, and protectins. I mentioned these briefly in Brain Gut 5. They were discovered by an opthalmic researcher at LSU (Dr. Bazan) and this is where I first heard about them. Their job is to protect the most sensitive part of DHA’s PUFA structure from the oxidation of inflammation. They work in concert with iodine to protect the integrity in the areas of the synapse where nerve connections are made. This is where neural connections occur to control all the processes in our body. This allows us to control proper signaling. This is the source of all cancers. When inflammation is high signaling is lost in all types of neolithic diseases. Most diseases have an inflammatory brain component to them.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DNA is biology's hardware.......epigenetics is DNA software.......it works based upon the software not vice versa. It really is that simple. Inflammation is the key to understanding epigenetics or what Darwin called the conditions of existence. Jolie chose to alter her computer instead of her software based upon some faulty assumptions that modern dogma holds as truths. No different than paleo folks beliefs about certain things. We all see the world thru our own biased lenses. Sometimes taking off the rose colored glasses give you a sense of clarity on issues. You got to ask better question to get to truths.......remain curious and never settle. Too often today's truths become yesterday's follies.........and yes this applies to many things modern paleo's believe today as ultimate truths. It applies to medical dogma too. In fact it applies to everything. Become aware of things you don't know........when you know better you begin to do better.

No army can stop an idea whose time has come……….and I think things are changing for us all now. Mediocre health is self-inflicted by our actions and imprinted by the health care complex but your healthy genius is self-bestowed by your new thoughts. Own them and you own your life and control your health. Jolie has made her choice and now we get to see it unfold.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

What have we come to when as a species we've decided that surgery is easier than making the necessary life changes to prevent this? Jack posted in the circadian bio-hackers on FB - that she's only addressed 1/2 the problem - she hasn't addressed the ovarian cancer component of this gene and she certainly hasn't addressed the mismatches that increases her risk epigenetically...

While it highlights an extreme option for addressing this, most *people* can't afford the choice she's made - but they can afford to make the dietary changes, fixing the circadian mismatches and limiting EMF. this is what people need to see not the extreme - then again maybe what I'm doing is EXTREME - but its not as extreme as surgery...

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I see it, the link is in Brain Gut 9.

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

No one is addressing the issue of birth control pills which contain synthetic progesterone. Is NO one curious as to why breast cancer is suddenly epidemic among women 40 and older? Try 20+ years of taking birth control pills.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

that is the whole point of my reply. Jolie, it appears, would rather cut out body parts than make the changes she really needs to make. Epigenetics always trumps genetics and that software is built via our colony of mitochondria.

Jeanne likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Let me give you a small snippet of how cancer really works in the new world of epigenetics.......................We now know that in many cases, gene inactivation is NOT due to a bona fide DNA mutation like BRCA1 or 2. Instead, the non-mutated gene can be silenced by an epigenetic mechanism that involves histone deacetylation of the histone proteins surrounding active genes (euchromatin), as well as DNA methylation of a cytosine-rich region of promoter sites (“start location”) on the gene. This means any gene is capable of becoming a cancer.............These cytosine-rich areas are called CpG islands and the cytosine bases can be methylated by the enzyme DNMT. Did you know blue light and nnEMF cause hypermethylation by themselves? Remember Jolie is an actress and always in that light. Thousands of “good genes” must remain in the euchromatin state to allow for gene expression to occur. When histones are acetylated, transcription factors can reach the DNA because of the “open structure” of the histones. When the promoter region has a hypomethylated CpG island, the transcription factor can bind to the DNA promoter region. Transcription factors migrate into the nucleus in response to various cellular signaling pathways. are “silenced”, they cannot be turned on by cellular signals, even if the gene is not mutated.

My bet is Scott Kelly will come back from space and be hypermethylated compared to his brother left behind on Earth. If I am right, Jolie's decision to remove her breasts and ovaries will be shown to be a massive error in the future.

In English this states that your cellular terroir dictates to your genome and not vice versa. Go re-read levee one in the quilt..................there is Jolie's truth bomb.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Aging and cancer exhibit epigenetic silencing of genes that should NOT be silenced.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have a levee about polyphenols and histones. Histones are proteins that bind to DNA and RNA to alter gene expression based upon the environmental triggers we find ourself in. Histone-based gene silencing is best understood as an imbalance in the equilibrium between histone acetylation and histone deacetylation. Acetylation comes from Acetyl Co Enz A from beta oxidation of fats. Deacteylation is more commonly found in oxidation of carbs and in glycation damaage................anyone connecting dots yet? The more EMF one exposes themselves too, the more deacteylation your DNA has................too!

What can help reverse this? Levee time!!!! Resveratrol and curcumin......et al: many plant polyphenols can inhibit the equilibrium both ways, since some of the polyphenols are both Histone DeAC inhibitors and Histone Acetylator inhibitors. HDAC inhibition is a way of preventing gene silencing of euchromatin, whereas HAT inhibition is primarily a way of preventing the activation and expression of repetitive DNA sequences, which should remain normally silent. The transcriptional activation of repetitive DNA is increasingly being studied by cancer and aging researchers since it seems to be the consequence of the global decline in DNA methylation that occurs with aging and cancer cases. Jolie docs need to tell her this..............whether she cuts off everything.............if her conditions of existence do not change..........the cancer will find another repeative DNA sequence to express and she will die from something else..............it is not about the genome it is however, 100% how the software runs the genome.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have not hit this levee yet..............but that should wet your palate.

13. Pamela

Pamela Gold

So in Jolie's case where she removed both breasts does this really mean she is free from the possibility of getting cancer? She still has the genetic marker so what is to stop cancer from showing up in another body part?

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Exactly, Pamela. Ovarian cancer, perhaps.

15. Dextery

Dextery New Member

16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Love the line about brain cancer....is she going to chop off her head?

I know a woman who underwent this procedure in addition to a total hysterectomy at the age of 36 to "save" herself. It was heartbreaking to witness such a thing. Everyone tells her how brave and courageous she is.....while those of us doing this "weird" alternative stuff are so extreme. Maddening.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

"You are either living a pro-cancer lifestyle and therefore growing cancer, or you're living an anti-cancer lifestyle and keeping cancer in check so that it never becomes a problem."

I like that phrase, live an anti-cancer lifestyle. Live an anti-Alzheimer's lifestyle. Live a pro-mitochondria lifestyle. Live a pro-quantum energy lifestyle.

18. smart cat

smart cat New Member

Great post Jack. I sent it to a friend, a medical student in Austria. I had the same conversation with him today.
    It is the old story of the drunkard who doesn't find his key under the lantern. Cancer genes?...Can you say red herring? They are nice but only in detective stories

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is a big factoid Jolie and her docs dont seem to know: BRCA1 is most common gene that is mutated with hereditary breast cancer. However in sporadic cases of breast and ovarian cancer, the BRCA 1gene can be silenced by CpG island hypermethylation in the promoter site of this gene. Epigenetic silencing usually occurs due to promoter site (CpG island) methylation, but only 50% of genes have CpG islands. All genes can be epigenetically silenced by histone deacetylation, however. Another form of gene silencing is called polycomb protein silencing. Another form of silencing involves non-coding RNA called miRNA which prevent the translation of messenger RNA or increase the degradation of mRNA. DNA mutations also effectively turn off these genes, but mutations do not account for the number of cellular changes seen with cancer. This is why gene sequencing of cancer cells does not always reveal what genes are not working. The only way to truly figure this out is to do gene sequencing, epigenetic sequencing, and RNA profiling of cancer. With breast cancer, over 600 genes have been found to be silenced by histone acetylation which is an epigenetic mechanism. I hope she really likes those implants....................because they likely are not going to do her much good longer term.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The epigenetic silencing of “good genes” is not irreversible. Natural compounds, when used on a regular daily basis can reverse this phenomena and reactivate silenced tumor suppressor genes.