1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

And so it begins.....Welcome to levee 30: EMF:1 is now live.

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 15, 2013.

1. freesia

freesia Old Member

Do you have three prong plugs there Inger and electrics that are connected to earth at each power point?

If so (??) I can show you how to make an earthing wristband for use at your computer for just a few dollars.

For sleeping though...you need magnets too. That's why -- I have just figured this out -- I feel OK sleeping on a beach, but not OK sleeping simply earthed. Oh it's all fitting together now! Certain beaches may be better than others too?

2. Inger

Inger Silver

This house is earthed for sure, my bro showed me the earting outside that he made long ago that earth all electric wires in this hose me thinks. Can I use just a plug and use the eartihing wire and connect it on a thin copper wire on my wrist? Just put the whole thing in the plug in the wall?
    I am going to buy a magnet too. I guess they are not expensive. I already was looking and I gues I can get some for 7 € only. Quite strong magnets.

I am going to sleep down in the second basement tonight Anne, just in a hour. It is scary down there but I must try it out. I have already made my bed there ready, on a rock. The house is build on a rock and a place in the basement is pure rock and there is just a kind of a "stair" that I can fit laying on. Then I will lay on the rock! Nothing in between me and the earth exept of cotton and wool because I am using a lambs skin for matress. I am so exited how I will feel tomorrow..huh. Then I will get protected from EMF and grounding too at the same time!

I am soo exited!! Maybe I will not be able to sleep at all because of the pure exitement to be down there with the rats.. he he..

3. freesia

freesia Old Member

LOL Inger. I hope there will be no rats! Or if there are that you will sleep so soundly you'll not notice them! I wonder what type of rock it is. [​IMG]

So long as the electrical connection to the plug is disabled completely and only earth remains (and for extra insurance you always leave the power switch off at the socket) then a wired in copper band should work well I think. But you really need a qualified person who knows your electrical codes to check your work too....to be super, super-careful and safe.
    Earth is safe...it's those other wires we need to be suspicious of [​IMG]

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Anne - where would I go to get magnets for under my mattress? I know nothing of any of this. So the copper bracelets that people have worn for years really worked?
    You have magnets under your mattress? and you still sleep better on the beach? do you mean camping? so you have a sleeping bag? Sorry - I have never been camping or anything even close to that - but I do remember sleeping like a baby on a cruise or 2...

5. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Well I could use the instructions for the wristband. Give it up, girl! [​IMG]

6. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hi Caroline,
    No I haven't got magnets, yet. Lauren suggested maybe something like a Biomag mattress underlay -- ie such as this product http://www.biomag.co.nz/ ....but I'm still a bit in the dark about what we're aiming for to get an optimal magnetic effect.
    If we get one and try it I'll report back. I think my husband is keen to get one today because he prefers the thought of a mattress underlay to this somewhat unorthoox "hey Honey...how about we put put 100kg of basalt rock dust under the bed" idea I've been cooking up since last night.

I'll have to let him have his way on this one I think! [​IMG]

7. freesia

freesia Old Member

Making some this afternoon - will report in later with photos! [​IMG]

8. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Caroline, here's one http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/king-magnetic-reversible-wool-underblanket-partex/?cm_mmc=Dispatch-_-APost-_-20130118-_-Product

Mine will be here in a few days!!

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

do they ship to the us???

10. Coriander

Coriander Silver

I don't know... but can't you find one closer to home? Postage from US to Aust is ridiculous and prohibitive, but I don't know what it's like the other way around. You should contact them if you can't find an underblanket near you.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks corriander - but it seems to be only king size - am I missing something?

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

How do we know what strength the magnetics are? I guess more would be better?

13. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Sorry Caroline, that was the link to the one I bought. They do have them in other sizes, you just need to look through here http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/manchester/protectors-toppers/

It says that the magnets are 1000 gauss, and there are 120 of them in the king size. I don't understand this at all. I tried googling, and found that the earth's surface is 0.5 gauss; and Jack said we should have a magnet 10x the earth. So, 5 gauss. Why are the magnets in this underblanket 1000 gauss -each; is that too much? Is it the magnetic field above the mattress that's important? and does it take 1000gauss magnets to create a field of 5 gauss? I don't even know what I'm talking about. In this case googling just confused me more.

14. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Gauss is the most misunderstood term in magnetic therapy, greatly misused by some manufacturers who use manufacturer’s gauss rating to indicate the strength of their products, when in truth the strength of a magnet depends on:

a) Strength of material (manufacturer’s gauss rating)
    b) Size and weight of the magnet

For example: The earth’s magnetic field is 0.5 Gauss and a refrigerator magnet is 10 Gauss.

Considering only these numbers one would think that a refrigerator magnet is more powerful than the earth. This of course is incorrect, the earth, due to its immense size is immeasurably more powerful.

http://www.magnetictherapymagnets.com/gaussmeter.html

15. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

ATL Paleo, this is very helpful. So... that link you put in there says that their products all state the bulleted items below. However, even with that info, I'm not sure I understand enough to evaluate. Most of the underlays for beds I've found are similar to what Coriander has purchased. Do these seem like good products to you? Thanks!

• Magnetic Material
    • Manufacturer’s Gauss Rating
    • Surface Gauss
    • Magnetic Penetration

16. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Thankyou, it's slightly less confusing now. And I still have no idea of what I bought, but now I now why LOL. But, based on knowing that my elderly, arthritic uncle felt less joint pain and stiffness after a few days of sleeping on one of these underblankets (and he didn't know it was there), I figure there must be some benefit, so I'm still happy it's on its way.

17. Martin

Martin Gold

Great link, Atl_Paleo. Bookmarked it to for my EMF Reduction Program. Got my wrist strap on!

Spent 27 years in Atlanta, saw a lot of changes. Moved 13 years ago up to the mountains, but I miss the city sometimes.

18. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

KiwiLauren, this series of videos may help you -> http://magneticosleep.com/about-magnetism/video-lecture/

The other day day I spoke with Dr. Bonile of Magneticosleep, and asked him about grounding pads vs. magnetic therapy. He shared his concern about grounding mats / pads. The paragraph below covers his concern.

The second way that magnetism can affect your body is through the use of alternating fields; in other words, exposing the body to positive (+) and negative (-) fields. Bi-polar fields will elicit an emergency response from the brain. This is because the positive (+) magnetic field is slowing down the electrons and protons, which signals a potential problem. Your body responds to this slowing down as an emergency. It addresses the emergency by sending more electromagnetic energy from the brain and more blood flow to the whole area where the magnetic stimulus is applied. As a result, your body is “trickedâ€￾ into expending unnecessary energy. This is why the unidirectional negative (-) field you receive from the Magnetico Sleep Pad is the superior source of magnetism…it is a supplement rather than a stimulant. -> (see bi-polar-theory link on Magnetico website)

I just bought a grounding band -> http://www.earthing.com/product_p/sobbk.htm In my personal use, I agree w/ Dr. Bonile ... after 30-60 minutes of use, my body seemed overstimuated. Thus, I will use the grounding band several times a day, but will not sleep w/ it on it. My grounding band is using the 3rd prong of an electrical ... perhaps if the band was grounded directly to the earth outside, the results might be different; IDK.

Bottom line; magnetic therapy is still very new and research proving success or failure is minimal. Also, all researchers may have a "blind eye". YMMV

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

He is totally spot on with his advice. EMF 2 explains why.

20. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

It has to do with electric currents: The 7.83 one?